Pittsburgh Pirates: Pens/Wings Game 3 and Onward Amazing Comeback Thread - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 41 Pages +
  • Last »

Pens/Wings Game 3 and Onward Amazing Comeback Thread

#21 Guest_Nickflair04_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:41 PM

Over? Did somebody say over?! Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?! Hell no! And it ain't over now!

#22 User is offline   jpbucco 

• Koveltwats Daddy
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Nickflair04 @ May 31 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Over? Did somebody say over?! Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?! Hell no! And it ain't over now!

Let him go...he's on a roll.
Oh shit! There's stickers!

#23 User is offline   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:49 PM

#24 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:49 PM

Let's fucking go
5 GP

10-16, 4-2B, 2-3B, 9 RBI, 6 R

#25 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:56 PM

Lets do this shit! Believe! pens.gif
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#26 User is offline   skate919 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:01 PM

I have yet to post in a game thread before or during it. I think I'm ready to say it now:

LET'S.

FUCKING.

GO.

#27 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:21 AM

ecbenito's observations of this series after being away from a computer for a few days:

1. The NBC crew can all burn in hell. It's worse than watching a Steelers' game that Madden is doing commentary for. "Such a subtle pick play"...no asshole that's interference/obstruction. "Kronwal can really hit a person"...yes, by jumping 2 feet off the ice. They're fucking terrible and I'm actually happy to get the Versus crew tomorrow. I always thought laying down in the crease and putting your hand over the puck was a bad thing, but apparently I'm wrong.

2. Get Crosby the fuck away from Lidstrom and Rafalski. They're 2 of the best defensemen in the game, we've got no shot if this is the matchup.

3. The officiating is so fucking bad I can't even begin to describe it. Hossa can hook and slash all he wants without a call. If he breaks his stride it gets them a penalty. Zetterturd doing snow angels and grabbing the puck in the crease is a good thing to ignore as well. The refs aren't calling anything in this series so I probably can't get too upset, but the 2 blatant high sticks to Jordan Staal's face in game 2 are unacceptable. Especially the butt end from that cheating fagget Osgood. Too bad Talbot didn't fucking impale him on the ice.

4. The fagget fans in detroit are really trying to ruin Journey for me and it's starting to work.

5. Fuck Detroit

#28 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:25 AM

I am so happy I get to come to work on Monday and listen to one of the ladies in the office who is a huge Red Wings fan all day.

Fuckers
5 GP

#29 User is offline   ohio_is_for_buttlovers 

• All Star
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Skinny Skiing. Going to bullfights on acid.

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (Nickflair04 @ May 31 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+1

Fuck Detroit, fuck Hossa, fuck Zetterberg, fuck Greg Lou-osgood, fuck the refs, fuck Pierre McCreepster, and fuck octopusses.

LET'S GO PENS!!!!

#30 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (mzimmerman81 @ Jun 1 2009, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am so happy I get to come to work on Monday and listen to one of the ladies in the office who is a huge Red Wings fan all day.

Fuckers

fuck her daughter

#31 User is online   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:21 AM

Can we put this thread through a government-bailout program? You know, like dividing banks into good banks/bad banks. Good GM/Bad GM...

Let's make this the positive Pens-Wings thread, and keep all of the negative Nancys in the old thread.
IS THIS THE GAME THREAD???

#32 User is offline   The Lumber Company 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:17 AM

Does anybody else think that too much is being made of the Crosby v. Zetterberg match-up, or even the Lidstrom/Rafalski pairing being used to "shut him down"? That line should have scored two or three goals last night and had several great scoring opportunities that Crosby and Guerin simply failed to finish. They hit at least two posts that I can remember off-hand. If they simply buried the chances from point blank that they should have buried last night, nobody is even talking about this storyline.

If Fleury can go an entire game without giving up a momentum sucking goal, I like the Pens chances going forward. I still feel that they've gotten the better of the scoring opportunities in the first two games, which is extremely rare against a team of Detroit's caliber. Start finishing some of these quality chances and it is a whole different series.

#33 User is offline   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:25 AM

Does anybody else think that too much is being made of the Crosby v. Zetterberg match-up

No. Crosby did better last night in terms of creating chances and winning face-offs against him, but Zetterberg is an awesome player and he did the exact same thing to Crosby in Detroit last year in terms of shutting him down. Getting the last change in games 3 and 4 and keeping him away from those guys as often as possible will be huge.

#34 User is offline   The Lumber Company 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (DoctorJohnnyFever @ Jun 1 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. Crosby did better last night in terms of creating chances and winning face-offs against him, but Zetterberg is an awesome player and he did the exact same thing to Crosby in Detroit last year in terms of shutting him down. Getting the last change in games 3 and 4 and keeping him away from those guys as often as possible will be huge.

He had five shots on goal, three of which were from essentially point blank range, and two of which were the direct result of Zetterberg failing to stop a puck headed to Crosby behind the net. If Crosby capitalizes on that opportunity, which he absolutely should have buried, all of the sudden this story has considerably less meaning. I thought that Crosby's line was extremely dangerous last night and as good as Zetterberg may be in his own zone, it certainly didn't prevent Crosby from creating several chances that he just simply failed to finish. I see Sid having a big game Tuesday night, match-up be damned.

#35 User is offline   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (The Lumber Company @ Jun 1 2009, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He had five shots on goal, three of which were from essentially point blank range, and two of which were the direct result of Zetterberg failing to stop a puck headed to Crosby behind the net. If Crosby capitalizes on that opportunity, which he absolutely should have buried, all of the sudden this story has considerably less meaning. I thought that Crosby's line was extremely dangerous last night and as good as Zetterberg may be in his own zone, it certainly didn't prevent Crosby from creating several chances that he just simply failed to finish. I see Sid having a big game Tuesday night, match-up be damned.

There's only been three times in Crosby's career where he's been held without a point in back-to-back playoff games: two of those situations were in games 1 and 2 in Detroit when the Red Wings matched him up against Zetterberg as often as possible. I don't think it's a coincidence that in five playoff games in Detroit, when the Red Wings dictate the match-ups, Crosby has been held to just two assists, while in the three games in Pittsburgh, when the Penguins can dictate the matchups, he's had two goals and two assists.

Like I said, he was better against him last night, especially in the face-off department (Zetterberg dominated him in this area in game 1) while the Penguins' only goal came after a face-off win by Crosby against Zetterberg, but there's no way too much is being made of the match-up. I want Crosby matched up against Filppulla's line, or, in a perfect situation, Helm's line.

#36 User is offline   Uber Bier Mensch 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:53 AM

Don't no if anyone really brought this up already.

Last year # of power plays after 2 games: 22
This year: 6

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln

#37 User is offline   jpbucco 

• Koveltwats Daddy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (ecbenito @ Jun 1 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fuck her daughter

Actually...these days he prefers the moms.
Oh shit! There's stickers!

#38 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (jpbucco @ Jun 1 2009, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually...these days he prefers the moms.

That's really well played sir.....a tip of the cap to you
5 GP

#39 User is offline   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:16 AM

Pens. in. 6.

You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#40 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (Uber Bier Mensch @ Jun 1 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't no if anyone really brought this up already.

Last year # of power plays after 2 games: 22
This year: 6

The refs have clearly been informed to hold their whistles. Jordan is getting beat up every shift and Crosby is ascially being bear hugged all around the ice. Whatever. I think we need to start doing more shit away from the puck since the refs seem to be allowing it.

Share this topic:

• 41 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply