Pittsburgh Pirates: Cogitobsw vs. Ohio Is For Buttlovers - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cogitobsw vs. Ohio Is For Buttlovers Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Cogitobsw vs. Ohio (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Cogitobsw vs. Ohio Is For Buttlovers

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Douchius Maximus 

• Varsity
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

[The loud buzzing sound you're all hearing is the selection committee snoring while sleeping. The committee's administrative assistant enters the room and begins to shake the committee to try to wake them up. The lead committee member comes to.]

The committee is slightly embarrassed to announce that we fell asleep upon realizing what the next matchup is. This is quite possibly our least anticipated matchup of this tournament.

Cogitobsw: The committee doesn't know a whole lot about this tournament participant, as he doesn't spend a whole lot of time on CIA. We'll tell you a few of the things that we think we know about him. We're pretty sure he's a lawyer, but we're not certain. We're pretty sure that he got involved in the whole "DUIs are just a money making scheme for the cops," debate that was initiated by BucsFanRuss, but we're not certain. We're pretty sure that he's the guy that worked in food preparation in the past and isn't a big fan of Panera's food, but we're not certain. We're pretty sure that his screen name means something in Latin and while this committee doesn't pretend that we're smart enough to know what it means, we do know that it's a pompous screen name. One thing we're sure of is that he hasn't exhibited much of a sense of humor and he'll probably get upset about this intro...which makes him a douche.

Ohio Is For ButtLovers: We urge you to try and recall a single post that Ohio has ever made. Nothing, huh? How about can you recall a stance that he's taken on any issue? Still nothing, huh? Although he's been posting amongst you douchebags for a number of years, if there's anyone that's made less of an impact, we'd like to know who it is. We'll try to illustrate in a hypothetical situation. If there's a thread debating the skills of Ben Roethlisberger and someone makes a derogatory remark about Big Ben, Ohio might chime in with a brilliant comment like, "You think you could do better?" Making comments this irrelevant=douche.

The committe has been told that Ohio is currently working on a book titled, "Cornholing With Schnoah." If that book doesn't get published, he's going to take a stab at, "Hunting With Schnoah." If neither of those work out, he should try a book simply titled, "Douche."

We're just hoping that there's enough interest in this match that you'll actually take the time to vote.

#2 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:54 AM

Cogito went to Juniata

I voted for Ohio
5 GP

10-16, 4-2B, 2-3B, 9 RBI, 6 R

#3 User is offline   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:01 AM

I believe that at MGP night when Ohio and I finally made it to McFadden's, Ohio was the first to step up to the plate and have a carbomb, or a jeagerbomb or whatever the hell shot we had. That's definitely not douche.

Plus I vaguely remember cogito being douche-ish in the food debates. and I think it's perfectly valid to vote on vague memories of past discucussions.

You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#4 User is offline   cogitobsw 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (Douchius Maximus @ Apr 1 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cogitobsw: The committee doesn't know a whole lot about this tournament participant, as he doesn't spend a whole lot of time on CIA. We'll tell you a few of the things that we think we know about him. We're pretty sure he's a lawyer, but we're not certain. We're pretty sure that he got involved in the whole "DUIs are just a money making scheme for the cops," debate that was initiated by BucsFanRuss, but we're not certain. We're pretty sure that he's the guy that worked in food preparation in the past and isn't a big fan of Panera's food, but we're not certain. We're pretty sure that his screen name means something in Latin and while this committee doesn't pretend that we're smart enough to know what it means, we do know that it's a pompous screen name. One thing we're sure of is that he hasn't exhibited much of a sense of humor and he'll probably get upset about this intro...which makes him a douche.

Yep, that's me, and yeah, I went to JC, too, but before you yungins around here did.
"Mark it eight, Dude"

- Smokey

#5 User is offline   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:08 AM

Ohio sat next to me at MGP night. He wasn't a douchebag. But he did leave early, and then didn't believe me when I texted him that we were in extra innings. I'm going to vote for Ohio ... you never leave early.

Then again ... maybe I won't. I'm on the fence with this one.

#6 User is offline   greybeard131 

• All Star
  • PipPip
  • Interests:FISHING, WOODWORKING, PIRATES, FUCKING SEANAWESOME FIRST CHANCE I GET

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:10 AM

OHIO IS A HUNTER AND THAT'S DEFINITELY NOT DOUCHE! I VOTED FOR COGITO!!!
FIRE NEAL HUNTINGTON!
FIRE WINDBAG COONELLY!
FIRE CLINT HURDLE!

#7 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (greybeard131 @ Apr 1 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohio is a hunter and that's definitely not douche! i voted for cogito!!!

``Weve got some holes were looking to fill. We dont feel like we desperately have to do anything. Were in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.

#8 Guest_defdog_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

I dont remember who coined the phrase "DUIs are money making schemes for cops ?"

But it was my story about bumfuck cops getting $300 bonuses in that thread.

#9 User is offline   buccosmfg 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (defdog @ Apr 1 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont remember who coined the phrase "DUIs are money making schemes for cops ?"

But it was my story about bumfuck cops getting $300 bonuses in that thread.

wasn't it cogito that introduced "chud" into the board lexicon?

#10 User is offline   cogitobsw 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (buccosmfg @ Apr 1 2009, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, but I did try to promote the use of the term russbag
"Mark it eight, Dude"

- Smokey

#11 User is offline   Uber Bier Mensch 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:59 AM

The fact that Ohio is for buttlovers has such hatred for a state that isn't New Jersey is enough for me to vote for him.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln

#12 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Uber Bier Mensch @ Apr 1 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The fact that Ohio is for buttlovers has such hatred for a state that isn't Southern California is enough for me to vote for him.

Fixed
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#13 User is offline   SyrBucco 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (oblongatta @ Apr 1 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe that at MGP night when Ohio and I finally made it to McFadden's, Ohio was the first to step up to the plate and have a carbomb, or a jeagerbomb or whatever the hell shot we had. That's definitely not douche.

Plus I vaguely remember cogito being douche-ish in the food debates. and I think it's perfectly valid to vote on vague memories of past discucussions.

This bears repeating. I do recall that Cogito is a food snob, while I am a food slut. This vast divide in such a critical area of life initiates an automatic pro-douch response from me.
Unlike many on this board, I think "Ohio Is for ButtLovers" is an epic handle. And his +1 is hot. You still taggin' that doe, Ohio?
So this was a relatively easy choice for me. Cogitobsw gets my vote.

And I know Latin, too. "Aqua est adjiuncto unum" (Water is only a mixer)
Knowing that you lied straight-faced while I cried
Still I look to find a reason to believe

#14 User is offline   ohio_is_for_buttlovers 

• All Star
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Skinny Skiing. Going to bullfights on acid.

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:47 PM

I am proud to have flown under the radar for so long, although, I thought the political and gun threads would have put an easy target at me.

Yes, Syr, I am still with the same lady. She keeps asking when we are going to the Pirates game with my "drunken internet friends" this year.

#15 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (buccosmfg @ Apr 1 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I said that when I quoted Clerks 2.

Ohio's picture was The Dude. Wasn't it? Cause thats not douche. Running skeleton is though.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#16 User is offline   cogitobsw 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (SyrBucco @ Apr 1 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This bears repeating. I do recall that Cogito is a food snob, while I am a food slut. This vast divide in such a critical area of life initiates an automatic pro-douch response from me.

This may be douche, but I need to correct this misconception. I am not, never have been, and never will be a food snob. My only point in the restaurant thread was that restaurants like Panera are fast food. I repeatedly said there is a time and place for such things, and said that a sausage McMuffin with Egg and Cheese is just about the best damn breakfast I've ever had.

I have never been known to pass up a hot dog cart, and my favorite local restaurant is a diner, followed by a taco/burrito stand in a food court.

"Mark it eight, Dude"

- Smokey

#17 User is offline   SyrBucco 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (cogitobsw @ Apr 1 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This may be douche, but I need to correct this misconception. I am not, never have been, and never will be a food snob. My only point in the restaurant thread was that restaurants like Panera are fast food. I repeatedly said there is a time and place for such things, and said that a sausage McMuffin with Egg and Cheese is just about the best damn breakfast I've ever had.

I have never been known to pass up a hot dog cart, and my favorite local restaurant is a diner, followed by a taco/burrito stand in a food court.

I stand corrected. However, my vote is already cast, and Ohio's +1 still gets him extra anti-douchosity points, even if she does correctly refer to the lot of us as "drunken internet friends". Do you have naked pictures of your wife you'd like to link to here? I'm sure that would sway a lot of votes.
Knowing that you lied straight-faced while I cried
Still I look to find a reason to believe

#18 User is offline   herrmorpheus 

• Penguin In The Desert
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

Ohio has a good looking better half, but he still left early.

You never leave early.
Save a journalist, buy a newspaper.

#19 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

I believe Ohio and I spent a few minutes busting on jourdin during MGP night, so I cant vote for him.
"I have to admit
I thought I was shock proof"

#20 User is offline   Douchius Maximus 

• Varsity

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

Ohio Is For Buttlovers easily takes down Cogitobsw to advance to the second round.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic