Pittsburgh Pirates: Ecbenito vs. Donwengert4life - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ecbenito vs. Donwengert4life Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Ecbenito vs. DW4L (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Ecbenito vs. DW4L

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Douchius Maximus 

• Varsity
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:45 AM

Ecbenito: This original Non-Mexican "Outlaw" is so ballsy and in your face that it's caused fellow Team Winter members to change the classic line from The Godfather to, "Keep your enemies close, and your friends closer." When your own friends have to walk on eggshells around you, it means you're a douche.

He frequently littered MGP with pictures of cats and mellons. When that wasn't enough for him to express his inner douche, he started thread after thread that consisted of nothing but pictures of cats and melons, to the point where the board temporarily crashed. In addition, it could be argued that Ecbenito is partially responsible for the demise of MGP. It was his banning that sparked BOP and Penguin to call out Vinman, thus leading to their bannings and the ruination of what many posters considered to be a disfunctional, yet very happy home.

Let's not forget the time that a poster named, "McLouth4MVP," showed up to take potshots at many board members and DJF was able to determine that the posts were coming from the same IP address that ECBenito posts from. When called out on it, ECBenito denied his involvement and pointed the finger at his roommates. This committee has no way to know the truth here, but regardless of what actually happened, the situation was douchey to say the least.

Recently in a heated hockey debate, ECBenito lashed out at long time board member Bree and called her a nasty name, which made her decide to take her ball and go home. It's questionable that this committee ranked ECBenito as a #2 seed, considering he's been accused of doing more damage to the board than two of the #1 seeds on their worst day. We feel that ECBenito will get a lot of votes...especially from people that he's called a "stupid whore."

Donwengert4life: DWFL has always been a well respected member of the board that tends to stay away from all of the drama. But for whatever reason, he's chosen to have Rob Van Winkle aka "Vanilla Ice" as his avatar. Vanilla Ice is the epitome of douche so having him as your avatar makes you a douche, for sure.

Had that been his only "douche moment" this committee would likely have left him out of this tournament. But let's rewind a few months. One day, after Pjoma took yet another thrashing from several board members, he went of an a tangent of douche, the likes of which had never been seen before. At the end of his douchetastic rant, he falsely and overdramatically vowed to never post on the board again. Enter DonWengert4Life. DWFL got down on his knees and ate the fecal matter out of Pjoma's anus while begging him not to leave the board. Begging a douchebag not to leave the board is very douchey and sealed DWFL's fate as a participant in this tournament.

That said, if DWFL receives a single vote in this matchup, we're certain it will have come from Ecbenito's roommates.

#2 User is offline   crosscuttersno1 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:49 AM

Landslide!
Failure is the key to success.

#3 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:51 AM

HOLY SHIT!!! Someone voted for DW4L? Really? As a bigger douche than Ecbenito? Do you have any idea how many times Ecbenito has called Defdgo a retard?

Wait, I'm trying to convince you to vote for Ecbenito.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#4 User is offline   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:52 AM

I'm surprised ecbenito posting a poll asking whether or not he should continue to post didn't make the cut.

#5 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (DoctorJohnnyFever @ Mar 25 2009, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm surprised ecbenito posting a poll asking whether or not he should continue to post didn't make the cut.

Good point. And even if it had, it's not like doing so is considered an "Ecbenito Moment".

But there is most certainly a Donwengert Moment that needs no explanation. DW4L is the man.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#6 User is offline   jpbucco 

• Koveltwats Daddy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (DoctorJohnnyFever @ Mar 25 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He is a Titan.
Oh shit! There's stickers!

#7 Guest_sloshyj_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:56 AM

DWFL = http://www.diversityworksforlondon.com/

#8 User is offline   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:00 PM

I always just assumed that the Vanilla Ice avatar existed because he exists as the antithesis of a Donwengert Moment

You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#9 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (oblongatta @ Mar 25 2009, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always just assumed that the Vanilla Ice avatar existed because he exists as the antithesis of a Donwengert Moment

See, it's those type of astute observations that are the reason for you getting your ass kicked by LHB. Truthfully, I'm interested to see what they even say about you.

#10 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:07 PM

Oh, and for those not aware, the winner of this matchup faces Bree.

Just sayin'.

#11 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:12 PM

Despite ecbenito and I sharing and exciting weekend in State College, I still voted for him.
5 GP

10-16, 4-2B, 2-3B, 9 RBI, 6 R

#12 User is offline   crosscuttersno1 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (mzimmerman81 @ Mar 25 2009, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Despite ecbenito and I sharing and exciting weekend in State College, I still voted for him.

Was there a Penguin like reach around?
Failure is the key to success.

#13 Guest_sloshyj_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:17 PM

Ummm, this is the beginning of something awesome:

http://www.changeinatmosphere.com/dbag/

#14 User is offline   Pjoma 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

I wonder if anyone is scripting a monumental flame-out speech for their victory speech and/or campaigning purposes.

"Huntington is doing exactly what he was hired to do, and that the fans and media in Pittsburgh cant quite grasp this, that they still hold the 2008-09 trades against him, is an indictment of their sensibilities." Joe Sheehan 6/6/10

#15 User is offline   jpbucco 

• Koveltwats Daddy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (mzimmerman81 @ Mar 25 2009, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So THAT"S what the kids are calling it these days.

#16 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Pjoma @ Mar 25 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if anyone is scripting a monumental flame-out speech for their victory speech and/or campaigning purposes.

Is that why we haven't seen monarch in a week?

#17 User is offline   ohio_is_for_buttlovers 

• All Star
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Skinny Skiing. Going to bullfights on acid.

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:25 PM

You're not Mexican?

#18 User is offline   jpbucco 

• Koveltwats Daddy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (Penguin @ Mar 25 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Monarch will make his whereabouts known when it suits him!!

#19 User is offline   Pjoma 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (Penguin @ Mar 25 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps. I was just thinking out loud. It would be epic for someone to do that.

"Huntington is doing exactly what he was hired to do, and that the fans and media in Pittsburgh cant quite grasp this, that they still hold the 2008-09 trades against him, is an indictment of their sensibilities." Joe Sheehan 6/6/10

#20 User is offline   SyrBucco 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:33 PM

Ecbenito is not actually a Mexican, as I learned on CIA II weekend. False Mexican Claim = High Degree of Douchosity. The fact that I like kittens and melons aside, DW4L never stood a chance in my mind.

It shall be Ecbenito.
Knowing that you lied straight-faced while I cried
Still I look to find a reason to believe

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic