Pittsburgh Pirates: GoBucs21 vs. SyrBucco - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GoBucs21 vs. SyrBucco Rate Topic: -----

Poll: GB21 vs. Syrbucco (58 member(s) have cast votes)

GoBucs21 vs. SyrBucco

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Douchius Maximus 

• Varsity
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:49 AM

GoBucs21: This militant and militaristic, Drill Sergeant of Douche can be such an asshole, that even he calls himself an asshole. One might ask, "But if someone is an asshole and he can admit he's an asshole, then wouldn't that mean that he's not a douche?" In some cases, perhaps....but not with GB21.

It was only a few months ago that he stood atop his soapbox and belted out his blah, blah, while wearing his pink, polka dot frock with the Obama-Biden logo on the front and back. To say that the his repetitive posts about politics nearly singlehandedly brought down the board wouldn't be fair to some of the other participants in this tournament, but his unbelievable douchey behavior at that time cannot be denied.

And there are only three things douchier than having minor league baseball players live in your house:

1. Bragging about in on internet message boards.

2. Giving the players wet, sloppy blowjobs when no one else is home.

3. Looking forward to having different players stay at the house the next season...and giving them wet, sloppy blowjobs, too.

Although his neon douche sign has been dimmed recently, don't let that fool you. He's the sleeping giant of douche and if he wakes at the right moment, he just might be able to place this "#1 Douchebag Title" next to the Carolina League Championship Ring already in his trophy case.

Syrbucco: Much like NickFlair, Syrbucco was on the bubble and this committee struggled with our decision as to whether or not he should gain entrance into this tournament. Let's just say...he got in.

After reviewing the facts and interviewing several of the key people involved, it appears as if there have been a few moments of douche in Syr's past. He allowed his reputation to be tarnished by acting as an administrator for the dreaded and always doucheful OBN. For that, he'll always be linked with perennial internet cocksmokers like Jimbo, Possum, Gunner and the neckless wonder himself, WVBucco. We'd mention the fact that Syr actually attended a Pirate game and socialized with Dale Gabriel, but that would only further illustrate his doucheosity. Oh wait...that's what we're trying to do! Hanging out with Dale might be about the douchiest thing one could do, short of changing your legal name to "Douche Bag."

Also, while Syr may have a valid defense, there's no denying his involvement in the banning of such illustrious posters as Gabe Martinez, Dmitri Young, Penguin and the entire state of Nebraska.

And while Syr is the type of guy to raise money and shave his head for charity, he'll also try to steal the thunder from Penguins fans by interjecting Pirates scores into Stanley Cup Game threads. Rick Kehoe calls that douche.

#2 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Douchius Maximus @ Mar 25 2009, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, while Syr may have a valid defense, there's no denying his involvement in the banning of such illustrious posters as Gabe Martinez, Dmitri Young, Penguin and the entire state of Nebraska.

HA!!!
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, I’m not sure they would have “won” the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#3 User is offline   SyrBucco 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (LonghornBuc @ Mar 25 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone whose main dietary staple is metamucil is a major league douche. Just douching up your resume with Jimbo, Possum, Gunner and the gang is douchetastic.

Yep, the big bald douche is in this picture. Nope, he's not the guy without a neck.

You know, it's entirely possible that we did not make it on TV that day due to our good looks.

I cannot wait until I vote your sorry Texan ass into the Douche Final 4, my short-peckered Texan friend. You have been riding on the Douche Train hard for weeks now, and I suspect that you have a secret bet with your +1 for some hot, deviant sex if you get that far. I will help you reach your lofty Douche-goal, hoping for entry in a threesome.

Now I will go vote for myself, because that's how I roll.
Knowing that you lied straight-faced while I cried
Still I look to find a reason to believe

#4 User is offline   The Lumber Company 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (SyrBucco @ Mar 25 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now I will go vote for myself, because that's how I roll.

You appear to be in the minority, significantly so, in fact.

#5 User is offline   ECBucs 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:39 PM

I vote for SyrBucco.

However, I want to ask a serious question, I thought Monarch and WVBucco were the same person.

Has anyone ever seen them together?

#6 User is offline   Jeff King 

• Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (ECBucs @ Mar 25 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I vote for SyrBucco.

However, I want to ask a serious question, I thought Monarch and WVBucco were the same person.

Has anyone ever seen them together?

Are you saying that WVBucco has spent a lifetime talking trash on the basketball court and never got a scratch?

Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.

#7 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (Jeff King @ Mar 25 2009, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you saying that WVBucco has spent a lifetime talking trash on the basketball court Dungeons and Dragons table and never got a scratch?

Still needs more emoticons.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#8 User is offline   brendansdad 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (LonghornBuc @ Mar 25 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, no, no. WVBucco has no neck. Monarch has no dick. Both, however, are dickheads.

And SYR, I am final four material. But for you BE fuckers sticking me in monarchs bracket, everyone else is a bump in the douche road. But with monarchs absence, the short memories of a typical American voter, and my mantra of FUCK PITT, I have a great shot at the finals.

Isn't WVUbucco the guy that had to have a joke explained to him so he could determine if he should be insulted? For some reason that rings a bell for me.
"You're like a jukebox of stupidity..." Penguin on Aso.

"Oh you know what I'm trying to say you canadian ponce." Ecbenito questioning MVK 7/12/2011

"For as much as you pimped Hosmer as the second coming of Christ, Jesus shouldn't have a down year." NYPirate

“There are a lot of really good baseball people who feel very differently than our fans do about what we’re accomplishing." Neal Huntingdon

#9 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (brendansdad @ Mar 25 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't WVUbucco the guy that had to have a joke explained to him so he could determine if he should be insulted? For some reason that rings a bell for me.

Was it something about Houdini and chocolate thunder?
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#10 User is offline   jpbucco 

• Koveltwats Daddy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (brendansdad @ Mar 25 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes.
Oh shit! There's stickers!

#11 User is offline   bucsbriana 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (brendansdad @ Mar 25 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you are maybe thinking of where the 'emoticons' story came from.

There was a thread on the pirate message board. I havent posted there in a long time and I think I'm banned anyway..but there was a thread where someone said something. I made an off the cuff sarcastic joke back to them. It was only meant to be banter, but WVBucco jumped in and said something to the effect of 'that wasnt nice.' I told him I was just joking and to lighten up. He in return said " When you are joking online you should use emoticons so people know how you mean something when you write it.'

The thread went on back and forth between wvbucco and I for a handful of posts because I couldnt let go of the fact that he was being dead serious about me using emoticons. It was fairly hilarious at the time.

Hence, the famous WVbucco quote ' use emoticons'

#12 User is offline   jpbucco 

• Koveltwats Daddy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (bucsbriana @ Mar 25 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you are maybe thinking of where the 'emoticons' story came from.

There was a thread on the pirate message board. I havent posted there in a long time and I think I'm banned anyway..but there was a thread where someone said something. I made an off the cuff sarcastic joke back to them. It was only meant to be banter, but WVBucco jumped in and said something to the effect of 'that wasnt nice.' I told him I was just joking and to lighten up. He in return said " When you are joking online you should use emoticons so people know how you mean something when you write it.'

The thread went on back and forth between wvbucco and I for a handful of posts because I couldnt let go of the fact that he was being dead serious about me using emoticons. It was fairly hilarious at the time.

Hence, the famous WVbucco quote ' use emoticons'

Actually the incident BD is referring too was when someone told a joke involving West Virginia and WVbucco wanted it explained to see if he was offended or not.

That guy was a TOTAL Douchmeister.

#13 User is offline   bucsbriana 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (jpbucco @ Mar 25 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually the incident BD is referring too was when someone told a joke involving West Virginia and WVbucco wanted it explained to see if he was offended or not.

That guy was a TOTAL Douchmeister.

oh, yeah, I vaguely remember that now. But the emoticon was definitely from a conversation I had with him on the other board. Explainging WVirginia jokes, different story.

#14 User is offline   jpbucco 

• Koveltwats Daddy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (bucsbriana @ Mar 25 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh, yeah, I vaguely remember that now. But the emoticon was definitely from a conversation I had with him on the other board. Explainging WVirginia jokes, different story.

I recall the emoticon thing as well.

#15 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

As Bree's story is hysterical, Brendansdad is recalling a different incident. It went something like this:

Gabe Martinez: ...It's sort of like in West Virginny where you can give your sister a Houdini, but man, if you catch the kid down the street giving her a Chocolate Thunder...

Wvbucco: Forgive me for not even reading the rest until this is cleared up, but what the heck are you talking about? What does Harry Houdini have to do with anything? And what is Chocolate Thunder? I seriously hope this is an innocent comment and that you are not bashing my home state. I really do hope you are more intelligent than that.

Gabe Martinez: I believe that phrase was coined by the legendary MacoSunnyBuc who is a proud native of the great state of West Virginia. No harm was intended.

That phrase, and many others (try to guess which ones!) in the original post, can be found in the new Websters "Big Wood Dictionary" which can be viewed by me, and 6 other posters at this board.

Wvbucco: Please send me a private message as to the meaning. If it is derogatory, could you do me a favor and not make any such references here in the future? Consider it a personal favor to me.

Making them to MacoSunnyBuc, a poster at the ESPN board who likely expects them is one thing, but making them here on a more serious board in general conversation in the context of a serious post is another entirely.

It's not that I mind WV jokes. My friends do that sometimes jut as I make jokes intended to needle them, but that only takes place among friends in a well understood context.

Do you see the difference?

{several silly responses]

Wvbucco: I can see that no one here is going to take this seriously, even though it is something important to me. I should have known. I will not waste my time on it any further.

The Dutch Factor: Well if you don't even know what it means, wvbucco, I really don't think you could get offended by it. Getting hypothetically offended is just plain silly

I know what it means. Knowing what I do, I would say that it's meaning is entirely neutral, bereft of any negativity or positivity of any sort.

Wvbucco: Whether or not I happen to understand the specific details of this or not is not really the issue, even if I may have made it seem like it. Others may read his post, so if it is a derogatory comment made toward any group of people because of their place of birth then it should not have been made in this context. This was not the proper place for such a thing.

The Dutch Factor: YOU are the one assuming it is derrogatory, which could actually be offensive to GabeMartinez. He's been a very quality poster here, so to just assume that he is suddenly making some kind of nasty statements without any motivation to do so could be very upsetting to him.

Anyway, the Dutch gave you a clue in an earlier post. More clues will be given if needed...

Wvbucco: I asked him the meaning of the reference and expressed my hope that it was not derogatory, no more. Others immediately jumped on me for it.

The Dutch Factor: Yet your insinuation that it might be derrogatory is what makes your line of questioning potentially offensive to both Gabe and all of Gabe's associates.

If you had just asked "What does this mean?"

...instead of...

"What does this mean- it better not be derrogatory!" (sic)

...I think any e-confrontation could have been avoided.

I'm not Switzerland, but I am Dutch.

pghkid: You have seriously got to be kidding. Bashing your home state? I sure hope your home state doesn't catch wind of this stuff otherwise it's feelings will be hurt.

Toughen up dude it's a joke.

Wvbucco: So what you are saying it that I can make a racist comment then just pass it off as a joke if someone gets upset? Can I then put down women or perhaps jewish people and simply pass it off as a "joke" if anyone feels that the comment was insensitive? The fact that someone can make derogatory comments like this (if that is indeed what they are) so casually in an otherwise serious post is very telling, and very sad.

{several more silly posts}

Wvbucco: I simply ask that people have a little respect for my home state and for ME. Does that make me a jerk? It's really nice how you can so easily dismiss a back-handed insult that is not directed at you. The fact that you do not care does not change the fact that I do and the fact that I not care to have my sate (and therefore my person) ridiculed.

Note to Gabe:
I still have no clue what your reference even means, so this is a general resonse to their dismissal of my question and not specifically about your post.

"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, I’m not sure they would have “won” the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#16 User is online   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

The best thing about that exchange was the fact that was perhaps the most serious, thought-out post I ever made at OBN with the intentions of starting discussion. That one line was just randomly thrown in somewhere in the middle of a paragraph.

#17 User is online   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

What does Harry Houdini have to do with anything?

You can't make that shit up.

#18 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (DoctorJohnnyFever @ Mar 25 2009, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The best thing about that exchange was the fact that was perhaps the most serious, thought-out post I ever made at OBN with the intentions of starting discussion. That one line was just randomly thrown in somewhere in the middle of a paragraph.

Here's the entire thread if anyone is interested

http://www.baseballfans.net/piratestalk/fo...hread_id=143837

And don't forget to click the Sports Infinity logo!

#19 User is online   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:04 PM

I remember when we were sitting outside McFadden's Syrbucco told us the two people that would have never made it through that night were Jimbo and WvBucco.

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

#20 User is offline   jpbucco 

• Koveltwats Daddy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

And don't forget to click the Sports Infinity logo!

Now THAT takes me back.

While perusing that thread I found this monumental one...where LloydSucks becomes...LIC.

No mention of Kraig...yet.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic