Pittsburgh Pirates: Crosscustters vs. Jestor - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crosscustters vs. Jestor Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Crosscutters vs. Jestor (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Crosscutters vs. Jestor

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Douchius Maximus 

• Varsity
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:21 PM

The third matchup today is another 8/9 meeting between Crosscutters and Jestor.

Crosscutters: He's the self appointed CIA den mother and he cries every time a board member is absent from CIA for a few days. He's way more concerned about this than he is about making insightfull posts. Does this thread title look familiar to anyone?

"Where has (Insert Board Member's Name Here) Been?"

It does to this selection committee. It's the same thread that this douche has started 50 times in the last year. And when he isn't busy worrying about the whereabouts of others, he's constantly bitching about how cheap the Nuttings are:

"So, are we really to believe that the money that the Nuttings spent on the new sauna facilities at Seven Springs, couldn't have been spent on Mark Teixeira?"

Not sure if we believe that either, but we do believe that Cross could have a successful run in this tournament.

Jestor: Just because there has been talk that Jestor might be an alias for somebody else doesn't mean he isn't a douche. Let's review:

1. His avatar is Soda Popinski.

2. He uses WAY too many emoticons.

3. Other than awful opinions, he has really brought nothing to the table.

Unconfirmed reports state he is the lovechild of Defdog and this guy:

This is enough evidence to categorize him as a douche, but can he take down Crosscutters?

#2 User is offline   ohio_is_for_buttlovers 

• All Star
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Skinny Skiing. Going to bullfights on acid.

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (Douchius Maximus @ Mar 20 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Crosscutters: The self appointed CIA den mother and he cries every time a board member is absent from CIA for a few days. He's way more concerned about this than he is about making insightfull posts. Does this thread title look familiar to anyone?

It does to this selection committee. It's the same thread that this douche has started 50 times in the last year. And when he isn't busy worrying about the whereabouts of others, he's constantly bitching about how cheap the Nuttings are:

"So, are we really to believe that the money that the Nuttings spent on the new sauna facilities at Seven Springs, couldn't have been spent on Mark Teixeira?"

Not sure if we believe that either, but we do believe that Cross could have a successful run in this tournament.

Jestor: Just because there has been talk that Jestor might be an alias for somebody else doesn't mean he isn't a douche. Let's review:

This is enough evidence to categorize him as a douche, but can he take down Crosscutters?

I had to vote for crosscutters because of his redundant harping on the Big Ten OOC schedule. And I can't think of anything douchebaggy that jestor has done.

#3 User is offline   crosscuttersno1 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

You hurt my feeling Ohio. But your right there. (Sorry again Zimm.) The funny thing is that literally a few minutes ago I wondered when this question would happen and what my douchery would be and both things came to mind. So WiH, you nailed me on both accounts. I will enjoy this victory, assuming it happens, as WiH will wipe the floor of me.

FWIW, I have no idea who jestor is as he's not really a regular around here. An alias? I don't know. But I can't think of one thing he has or hasn't done.
Failure is the key to success.

#4 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

I voted for you Cross because i think Ben Falge just made up Jestor. Just like AT-ATs and Buddha.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#5 Guest_Nickflair04_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:45 PM

I voted cross simply because I just don't really know much about Jestor.

#6 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

Cross appears to be cruising to a victory here.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#7 User is offline   jestor92 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (Douchius Maximus @ Mar 20 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Crosscutters: He's the self appointed CIA den mother and he cries every time a board member is absent from CIA for a few days. He's way more concerned about this than he is about making insightfull posts. Does this thread title look familiar to anyone?

I don't post much here because I think most of you are fucking baseball idiots
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!

#8 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (jestor92 @ Mar 20 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice try, but its a little late for a rally.
"I have to admit
I thought I was shock proof"

#9 User is offline   DanPotashtic 

• Most Important
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

jestor's avatar is much too cool to be douchey.

#10 User is offline   Martini 

• I'd Raged Have Lomo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

WhErS TaMMy saLAmI?!!??111?/

Get it?

#11 User is offline   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (jestor92 @ Mar 20 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Usually true but the latest girl isn't really a baseball idiot.

(how am I doing LHB?)

You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#12 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (oblongatta @ Mar 20 2009, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Usually true but the latest girl isn't really a baseball idiot.

(how am I doing LHB?)

When I first heard of this tournament I couldn't decide if it was going to polarize the board and bring it together. But I never anticipated posters blatantly acting like douches to help further their advancement in the tourney. Which of course makes it even better.

Oh, and I predict both Poison and oblongatta get shut out.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#13 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:48 PM

I really enjoy how it is assumed winter is behind this.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#14 User is offline   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (PSU4Lyfe @ Mar 20 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If he's not, then somebody did a masterful job of copying his writing style. Perhaps even more impressive than the seeding.

#15 User is offline   herrmorpheus 

• Penguin In The Desert
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (PSU4Lyfe @ Mar 20 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Without question, if it's not Winter, it's someone from Team Winter, because they've got the style down perfectly.
Save a journalist, buy a newspaper.

#16 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (herrmorpheus @ Mar 20 2009, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Without question, if it's not Winter, it's someone from Team Winter, because they've got the style down perfectly.

Winter gives private lessons on his writing style to the rest of Team Winter. Kind of like a coach, but more like a god. Definitely more like a god.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#17 User is offline   buccosmfg 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (DoctorJohnnyFever @ Mar 20 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If he's not, then somebody did a masterful job of copying his writing style. Perhaps even more impressive than the seeding.

I echo these sentiments

#18 User is offline   DanPotashtic 

• Most Important
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (PSU4Lyfe @ Mar 20 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Winter gives private lessons on his writing style to the rest of Team Winter. Kind of like a coach, but more like a god. Definitely more like a god.

But he is so hot, how can anyone not resist? See ya at the next mgp night winty fresh wink.gif

#19 User is offline   herrmorpheus 

• Penguin In The Desert
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (PSU4Lyfe @ Mar 20 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sort of like the Flying Spaghetti Monster touching the chosen people with His Noodley Appendage?
Save a journalist, buy a newspaper.

#20 User is offline   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (herrmorpheus @ Mar 20 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sort of like the Flying Spaghetti Monster touching the chosen people with His Noodley Appendage?

I believe that's how Odalis Perez gives lessons to his teammates with his Noodley Appendage.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic