Pittsburgh Pirates: The Cardinals hacked into the Astros database - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Cardinals hacked into the Astros database Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:57 PM

View Postsilverspring, on 16 June 2015 - 07:51 PM, said:

They didn't go seeking an organization to hack. The dude who used to work with the Cardinals used the same passwords when he built the Astros database. It's just that simple, someone with the Cardinals figured they could try to get in and checked which passwords were used when he was with St. Louis. They traced some computer activity to a house where Cardinals executives lived for a time and bingo we have an investigation. So it wasn't even all that clever either.

That makes sense, then. The answer to my original question was just "it was super fucking easy." Basically the same reason I masturbate.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#42 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:02 PM

View PostGideon Clarke, on 16 June 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

That makes sense, then. The answer to my original question was just "it was super fucking easy." Basically the same reason I masturbate.

You might be on to something. Maybe Longhorn works for the Cardinals and wanted to read Robbie Grossman scouting reports.

#43 Guest_Big Daddy Lipscomb_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:15 PM

Regardless of whether or not it's easy, whether or not it's common, whether or not it's irrelevant, whether or not it was a bad team they did it to, or ANYTHING ELSE.

It's illegal, and the FBI is investigating.

#44 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

Those hackers are potentially in some DEEP shit.

http://www.atlredlin...jail-1711805877

#45 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:27 PM

Didn't they also publicly post the information gained? That to me seems malicious.

#46 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:29 PM

View PostBig Daddy Lipscomb, on 16 June 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

Regardless of whether or not it's easy, whether or not it's common, whether or not it's irrelevant, whether or not it was a bad team they did it to, or ANYTHING ELSE.

It's illegal, and the FBI is investigating.

Well yeah.

#47 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:30 PM

View Postcoolpapacole, on 16 June 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

Didn't they also publicly post the information gained? That to me seems malicious.

Didn't it end up on Deadspin somehow?

#48 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:32 PM

Do you think the Cardinals know what Matt Diaz' OPS was while batting 4th in place of Brian McCann? Because that would be an unfair advantage.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#49 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:35 PM

View PostPenguin, on 16 June 2015 - 08:32 PM, said:

Do you think the Cardinals know what Matt Diaz' OPS was while batting 4th in place of Brian McCann? Because that would be an unfair advantage.

Hacking into Pjoma's database is easy. Hint: the password rhymes with "I like to duck Neal's dock."

#50 User is offline   Vegetable 

• El Conquistador
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:06 PM

Posted Image
"Well be comfortable adding one (starter), he said. Well be comfortable adding nobody if its just not there. We dont feel we are driven to force it. If we can add one that makes sense for us, thats great. If we can add two that make sense then we do that.
Opie Taylor. In a decisive moment.

#51 User is offline   Martini 

• I'd Raged Have Lomo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:30 PM

View PostPenguin, on 16 June 2015 - 08:32 PM, said:

Those stats were fucking ridiculous man. Video game shit.
Get it?

#52 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:56 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

#53 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:59 PM

Cardinals front office:
Posted Image
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#54 Guest_Nickflair04_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:38 AM

View Postsilverspring, on 16 June 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

Hacking into Pjoma's database is easy. Hint: the password rhymes with "I like to duck Neal's dock."

Why is his password "I like to tuck Neal's sock?"

#55 User is offline   tobaccoroad 

• H@m@ph@be
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Jack Cust hails from my hometown!!

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:07 AM

View PostNickflair04, on 17 June 2015 - 07:38 AM, said:

Why is his password "I like to tuck Neal's sock?"

It's not.

NEAL is all caps.

Shoes

#56 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:11 AM

View Posttobaccoroad, on 17 June 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

It's not.

NEAL is all caps.

Shoes

and every s is actually a $

#57 User is offline   mvk112 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:53 AM

View Postcoolpapacole, on 16 June 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

It's hilarious to look back at what Luhnow was asking for in the weeks leading up to the Bud Norris deal, and what he ended up getting (Josh Hader, LJ Hoes, + comp pick).

Asked for Polanco, Hanson, or Glasnow plus another piece from NH, seems that NH offered Heredia + comp pick for him.

Was asking for Bundy or Gausman from Orioles. Asked for Bogaerts from Boston, Castellanos from Detroit, and SF's top 3 pitching prospects (Blackburn, Mejia, Mella).

#58 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:43 AM

ESPN legal analyst Roger Cossack thinks that the Cardinals' information hacking of the Astros was not a one-time thing: "I think this was a plan and I think when this comes out youre going to find out that this was done not just once, but several times. I think you are going to find out it was done over a period of time. This is very serious." (via Mike & Mike)
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#59 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:36 AM

View Postmvk112, on 17 June 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

It's hilarious to look back at what Luhnow was asking for in the weeks leading up to the Bud Norris deal, and what he ended up getting (Josh Hader, LJ Hoes, + comp pick).

Asked for Polanco, Hanson, or Glasnow plus another piece from NH, seems that NH offered Heredia + comp pick for him.

Was asking for Bundy or Gausman from Orioles. Asked for Bogaerts from Boston, Castellanos from Detroit, and SF's top 3 pitching prospects (Blackburn, Mejia, Mella).

I'm guessing most GM's start off with a "WTF" offer when trying to make a deal. Most GM's modify their demands through the process to get a deal done. And then there's Ruben Amaro...
``Weve got some holes were looking to fill. We dont feel like we desperately have to do anything. Were in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.

#60 User is online   jestor92 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:01 AM

View PostNYPirate, on 18 June 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

I'm guessing most GM's start off with a "WTF" offer when trying to make a deal. Most GM's modify their demands through the process to get a deal done. And then there's Ruin Tomorrow...

fixed
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic