Pittsburgh Pirates: The Cardinals hacked into the Astros database - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Cardinals hacked into the Astros database Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostPenguin, on 16 June 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

Frank Coonelly made team president and Tim Williams head scout and trainer.

"Wow - you're rough!"

- The Death Penalty

#22 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:21 PM

View Postsilverspring, on 16 June 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

"Wow - you're rough!"

- The Death Penalty

I didn't suggest making Coonelly team designated driver. Besides, think of all the fruit smoothies.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#23 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:28 PM

Let the excuse making and deflection begin (from Facebook):
Kevin Timmons: Like they need it, they are the best team in baseball.

Brad Tangy: How bout the FBI worry about terrorism and or criminals in the USA. Or cheating politicians. That should keep em busy for a day or two!!!!

Jeremy Neugebauer: Sounds to me like a rogue disgruntled employee and not completely reflective of the Cardinals organization.

Scuba McGill: Well it's sounds like a bunch of crying and losers . So my input dint cry cause you are not the Cardinals the best team in baseball win or lose

Paul Burrows: Don't they have terrorists to catch?

Amber Hunter: Maybe it's just the computer geek in me, but I don't think it should count as a "hack" if the former Cards employees didn't bother to change their passwords when they moved to a rival team.

Sharron Smith: Some more Federal workers that have nothing to do. This is stupid. The Feds need to leave their nose out of baseball. You don't own the teams and the players pay so much taxes that pay your big salaries so leave them alone. The tax payers need to investigate you.

Jason Smith: As long as it is first or second round draft picks it wont matter.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#24 Guest_parkerbatteryday_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:35 PM

They sound just like New England fans.....

#25 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:20 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 16 June 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

Let the excuse making and deflection begin (from Facebook):
Kevin Timmons: Like they need it, they are the best team in baseball.

Brad Tangy: How bout the FBI worry about terrorism and or criminals in the USA. Or cheating politicians. That should keep em busy for a day or two!!!!

Jeremy Neugebauer: Sounds to me like a rogue disgruntled employee and not completely reflective of the Cardinals organization.

Scuba McGill: Well it's sounds like a bunch of crying and losers . So my input dint cry cause you are not the Cardinals the best team in baseball win or lose

Paul Burrows: Don't they have terrorists to catch?

Amber Hunter: Maybe it's just the computer geek in me, but I don't think it should count as a "hack" if the former Cards employees didn't bother to change their passwords when they moved to a rival team.

Sharron Smith: Some more Federal workers that have nothing to do. This is stupid. The Feds need to leave their nose out of baseball. You don't own the teams and the players pay so much taxes that pay your big salaries so leave them alone. The tax payers need to investigate you.

Jason Smith: As long as it is first or second round draft picks it wont matter.

Uh. The tax money is paying for stadiums as well as salaries for those guys
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#26 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:29 PM

So if any of these dicks had their bank accounts hacked, they wouldn't want the FBI to bother with it since terrorists weren't involved?

#27 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:31 PM

View Postparkerbatteryday, on 16 June 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

They sound just like New England fans.....

They sound like Missouri trash
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#28 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:31 PM

View Postsilverspring, on 16 June 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

So if any of these dicks had their bank accounts hacked, they wouldn't want the FBI to bother with it since terrorists weren't involved?

From the one time I went to St. Louis and saw all the homeless, I don't know if they have bank accounts.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#29 User is online   ECBucs 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:58 PM

• View PostMa13tt0, on 16 June 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

From the one time I went to St. Louis and saw all the homeless, I don't know if they have bank accounts.

If I was homeless in St. Louis, I would be doing my best to get out of there. As far as I'm concerned it has one of worst climates in country.

#30 Guest_Big Daddy Lipscomb_*

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:59 PM

Incredibly, they won again today. They are playing at a 110 win pace.

#31 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:16 PM

I enjoyed this.

http://deadspin.com/...dium=socialflow

#32 User is offline   Martini 

• I'd Raged Have Lomo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostTrey_Beamon, on 16 June 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

Oh yes.
Get it?

#33 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:13 PM

honestly there isn't a single baseball team that this could happen to that would make me happier right now. The only way this could be better is if Brian McCann played for St. Louis and he was out there screaming about the unofficial rules. fuck the Cardinals. We all know that nothing is going to end up happening, but seriously fuck that fucking bunch of assholes and every single one of their asshole fans.

#34 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:21 PM

The only response I can come up with is "why?"
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#35 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:48 PM

View PostGideon Clarke, on 16 June 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

same answer as with all the shit that the Patriots have done and probably didn't really even need to do...arrogance. They think they're smarter than everyone else and can get away with whatever they want

#36 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:58 PM

Good thing they didn't hack into Pjoma's database.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#37 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:07 PM

View Postecbenito, on 16 June 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

same answer as with all the shit that the Patriots have done and probably didn't really even need to do...arrogance. They think they're smarter than everyone else and can get away with whatever they want

But why would they want to know what the Astros think? This weird flukey season aside, that organization is a fucking joke.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#38 User is offline   Jeff King 

• Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:20 PM

View PostTrey_Beamon, on 16 June 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

Seeing that asshole with the, "Call The FBI," sign makes me SO BADLY want to go to St. Louis, decked out in black and gold to watch the Pirates smack them around in the playoffs this year.

Nothing could be better than that.
Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.

#39 Guest_defdog_*

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:48 PM

View PostGideon Clarke, on 16 June 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

They didn't want to pay $2.99 for that information.

#40 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:51 PM

View PostGideon Clarke, on 16 June 2015 - 07:07 PM, said:

But why would they want to know what the Astros think? This weird flukey season aside, that organization is a fucking joke.

They didn't go seeking an organization to hack. The dude who used to work with the Cardinals used the same passwords when he built the Astros database. It's just that simple, someone with the Cardinals figured they could try to get in and checked which passwords were used when he was with St. Louis. They traced some computer activity to a house where Cardinals executives lived for a time and bingo we have an investigation. So it wasn't even all that clever either.

Share this topic: