Pittsburgh Pirates: The Cardinals hacked into the Astros database - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Cardinals hacked into the Astros database Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:24 AM

Classiest team in baseball, for sure.

http://www.nytimes.c...mid=tw-bna&_r=0

#2 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:26 AM

Holy shit, that's crazy
5 GP

10-16, 4-2B, 2-3B, 9 RBI, 6 R

#3 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:30 AM

cheat the right way, don't showboat I guess

#4 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:35 AM

The only way this could be better is if the motherfucking Reds were doing it to the Cardinals.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#5 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:35 AM

Model organization.

#6 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

View PostTrey_Beamon, on 16 June 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

Model organization.

Adam Wainwright, after the Cards were named Organization of the Year in 2013:

It’s a way of thinking that we have in St. Louis and in our clubhouse and throughout our organization (that there’s) an expectation of winning, an expectation of professionalism that comes with that winning, and (an expectation) of doing things the right way.

People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

#7 Guest_sloshyj_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:44 AM

if they've done it to one organization, shouldn't we expect that they have done it to others?

if nothing else, this is the Cardinals' Deflate-gate.

#8 User is offline   buckeyebucco 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:44 AM

Joe buck and bob costas weep. This really is a crazy story

#9 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:46 AM

Awesome. We need something to slow them down. Maybe karma will do it for us.

#10 Guest_blurjose_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:46 AM

If found guilty what do you imagine MLBs punishment would be? And what would the legal implications be?

#11 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:47 AM

View Postblurjose, on 16 June 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

If found guilty what do you imagine MLBs punishment would be? And what would the legal implications be?

I can only hope the commissioner is the next embodiment of Keenesaw Mountain Landis.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#12 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:48 AM

Baseballs Best Fans Twitter account should be fun today.
``We’ve got some holes we’re looking to fill. We don’t feel like we desperately have to do anything. We’re in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.’’

#13 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:49 AM

I'd take their 1st and 2nd round picks away over the next few drafts based on how many years they are found guilty of hacking. So if they did it for three years, three years worth of 1's and 2's effective next draft.
``We’ve got some holes we’re looking to fill. We don’t feel like we desperately have to do anything. We’re in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.’’

#14 User is offline   mvk112 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:52 AM

View Postsloshyj, on 16 June 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

if they've done it to one organization, shouldn't we expect that they have done it to others?

if nothing else, this is the Cardinals' Deflate-gate.

Supposedly it was because of Luhnow, who used to work for St. Louis. Though if they could get into the Astros network, they probably could, and would do it to others as well.

#15 User is offline   Jeff King 

• Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:58 AM

If found guilty what do you imagine MLBs punishment would be?

"I'll call Bud Selig to make sure I dole out the appropriate punishment, but my gut tells me that no punishment is necessary. The Cardinals are a class organization and I think letting them know that hacking into another organization's information database is wrong, will deter them from doing it again."

-Rob Manfred

This makes sense to me Commissioner Manfred. No punishment is necessary...unless, of course, punishing the Cardinals could potentially help the Brewers. Not that I have anything to gain from the Brewers' success...as everybody obviously knows.

I need a Rob Manfred quote bubble.
Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.

#16 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:00 AM

If a player pollutes a piss cup, he's suspended right away. However, no action has been taken to date against any Cardinals official.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#17 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:02 AM

Theft of trade secrets carries federal sentences of up to 10 years for individuals. Fines, I think, top out at $5M for domestic theft of trade secrets for corporations. What would be an appropriate parallel baseball penalty? The big hammer I guess would be to withhold national TV money for a year or two. I don't know that this gets there because baseball executives move around so much - kind of hard to maintain real trade secrets due to that movement. But it feels more like a big penalty rather than just a few draft picks.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#18 User is offline   jestor92 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:06 AM

Suspend the people who are in charge of the Cards for life. Take away 1st round draft choices from the Cards for 3 years and a major fine.
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!

#19 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:09 AM

POPULAR

If found guilty what do you imagine MLBs punishment would be?

Frank Coonelly made team president and Tim Williams head scout and trainer.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, I’m not sure they would have “won” the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#20 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:10 PM

I can't believe this is real.

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic