Pirates vs. White Sox 6-15-15 Rate Topic: -----

#121 User is offline   aso513 

• Not An Alias
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:08 AM

View Postsloshyj, on 16 June 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

Your method of discourse sucks.

I know you think you're having a classy discussion, but when you use loaded words like 'ridiculous' you are inciting charged dialogue. This has always been your way. You use words like this as a way to amplify your message, and it isn't very respectful. It also puts you in hot water from time to time. Calling it 'silly' to describe Cole as an ace has come to bite you in the ass. it is emblematic of your difficulties with communication. You reek of arrogance.

You won't heed this advice because it came from me, but you should take some time to reflect on your world view.

If one human being using multiple aliases calls out a statement by someone, does it really count as coming back to bite you?

#122 User is online   tobaccoroad 

• H@m@ph@be
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Jack Cust hails from my hometown!!

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:35 AM

View Postmvk112, on 16 June 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

I guess, but they're really not that different.

Since start of 2013 -

Niese - 66 starts, 400.2 IP, 3.66 ERA, 1.37 WHIP, 3.76 FIP, 6.6 K/9
Locke - 63 starts, 365.2 IP, 3.91 ERA, 1.37 WHIP, 4.18 FIP, 6.5 K/9

This. Niese is incredibly meh.

If the Pirates trade for a starter they will get someone who is a solid #3 and is a few month rental. That way he is off the books next year. I can actually see them doing this, but I would like to see it get done now as opposed to August.

Shoes

#123 Guest_sloshyj_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:52 AM

View PostUtterly Irredeemable, on 16 June 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

It's fantastic to get ettiquette lessons from someone who takes public pleasure in mocking people's spouses and dead parents. It's further fantastic that you are confirming that you do not wish to accept my suggestion that this bullshit stop and that you instead want to continue your obsession with me. Duly noted. I hope you and your family enjoy having the shit you've done to so many returned to you.

This feels like a threat. Are you sure you wish to engage me in this manner? Commenting on your posting style is hardly a direct attack on your family.

#124 Guest_Utterly Irredeemable_*

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:05 PM

View Postsloshyj, on 16 June 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

This feels like a threat. Are you sure you wish to engage me in this manner? Commenting on your posting style is hardly a direct attack on your family.

Odd, as this feels like a threat too.

I'll engage you however I want, Josh. You've decided that you're going to spend your summer obsessing over me, and while I didn't respond to your attacks on my career and my wife in the past, if this really how you want to continue to do things, what the hell...I'm sure you'd deem it fair play and all or you wouldn't have done it in the first place. Maybe tdippo will join in and ridicule a deceased relative of yours...who knows.

Again, for the 3rd time, I'm willing to move on from this, put you on ignore, and we can each go our own way. You've continued to show that you instead want to continue to engage me at every turn, and if that's how you want to behave, that's fine...payback is long overdue. Perhaps you should go get some yummy fro-yo and bathe in some sunlight and think it over. I'm done with this if you are. Your call.

#125 Guest_Big Daddy Lipscomb_*

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:39 PM

View Postaso513, on 16 June 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

If one human being using multiple aliases calls out a statement by someone, does it really count as coming back to bite you?

It's a message board. People have differing thoughts on things.

It doesn't mean everyone had multiple handles, it means they feel differently.

Have a great day!

#126 User is offline   aso513 

• Not An Alias
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:42 PM

View PostBig Daddy Lipscomb, on 16 June 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

It's a message board. People have differing thoughts on things.

It doesn't mean everyone had multiple handles, it means they feel differently.

Have a great day!

Well, you are still a bore.

#127 User is offline   Martini 

• I'd Raged Have Lomo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:31 PM

Penguin. Is it fun?
Get it?

#128 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:35 PM

View PostMartini, on 16 June 2015 - 02:31 PM, said:

Penguin. Is it fun?

No. The one act stopped being fun a long time ago.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#129 Guest_defdog_*

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:51 PM

I know 2 people who need to meet up at Scruffy Duffy's.

#130 Guest_blurjose_*

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostPenguin, on 16 June 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

No. The one act stopped being fun a long time ago.

Not even jizz crisps could save this one.

#131 Guest_Big Daddy Lipscomb_*

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:18 PM

View Postaso513, on 16 June 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Well, you are still a bore.

And best wishes to you too Sir!

#132 User is offline   donwengert4life 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:21 PM

View Postmvk112, on 16 June 2015 - 10:38 AM, said:

We can debate the effectiveness of guys like Derrek Lee, Ryan Ludwick, Wandy Rodriguez, Marlon Byrd, Justin Morneau, etc., but they were all relatively big transactions at the deadline. According to national reports (not just local stories where they were fed propaganda), he was in on guys like Price and Lester last year.

He's not likely to go after Cueto or Hamels, but there is recent history to suggest he'll attempt to make an upgrade after the All Star Break.

Byrd was, sort of. And I guess I forgot about Wandy. The other guys are more in line with what I would expect them to acquire, if anything -- old guys close to the end of the line who are marginal upgrades at best.

As for Lester and Price, there is no way I believe they were ever serious about them. Dejan might have insisted they were but it is totally out of character from anything they have ever done.

#133 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:02 PM

View Postdonwengert4life, on 16 June 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

As for Lester and Price, there is no way I believe they were ever serious about them. Dejan might have insisted they were but it is totally out of character from anything they have ever done.

Whether they were serious or not, they've never actually landed a guy like those two. I can't beat them up too much, they brought back Liriano and AJ. But they've never nabbed a huge player at the deadline. And anyway, screw the deadline. Get someone in here now to upgrade the 5 spot and maybe we won't need to play catch up for the entire year and hope for an uncharacteristically large acquisition on July 31st. This is a good team and the top of the rotation is pretty near excellent. Get a bat, grab a MOR pitcher and slide Morton to the five spot where he compares pretty well to our competition.

#134 Guest_blurjose_*

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:05 PM

View Postsilverspring, on 16 June 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

Whether they were serious or not, they've never actually landed a guy like those two. I can't beat them up too much, they brought back Liriano and AJ. But they've never nabbed a huge player at the deadline. And anyway, screw the deadline. Get someone in here now to upgrade the 5 spot and maybe we won't need to play catch up for the entire year and hope for an uncharacteristically large acquisition on July 31st. This is a good team and the top of the rotation is pretty near excellent. Get a bat, grab a MOR pitcher and slide Morton to the five spot where he compares pretty well to our competition.

Church.

#135 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:33 PM

View Postblurjose, on 16 June 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

Church.

Brothers and sisters: Can I get a Hoka Hey from you today!!!!!

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic