Phillies @ Pirates - 6/13/15 Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   buckeyebucco 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:40 PM

Would you guys do this?
http://rumbunter.com...nco-for-hamels/

Polanco and Glasnow for Hamels and Revere and a bunch of cash. I say no, not because I'm afraid of giving up young talent, but Hamels just isn't the pitcher he was a few years ago.

#62 User is online   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:59 PM

View Postblurjose, on 13 June 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

Kang: OPS+ 111
WAR: 1.2
DWAR (I only include this for those who think he shouldn't start due to defense): 0.3

Mercer: OPS+ 58
WAR: -0.1
DWAR: 0.4

Harrison: OPS+ 90
WAR: 0.5
DWAR: 0.4

Conclusion: For now Kang should be getting starts 6 days a week between 3B and SS (mostly at SS). For the record, I'm not saying Kang can keep it up. He may very well regress. But I'd like to see what happens.

Kang is always finding ways to get on base. Mercer is a little bit like that when he's not having a bad two months, but he has those. Harrison is a better pure hitter than Mercer, but if he doesn't get a hit, he's getting out. His walk rate is awful.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#63 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:29 AM

View Postbuckeyebucco, on 13 June 2015 - 10:40 PM, said:

Would you guys do this?
http://rumbunter.com...nco-for-hamels/

Polanco and Glasnow for Hamels and Revere and a bunch of cash. I say no, not because I'm afraid of giving up young talent, but Hamels just isn't the pitcher he was a few years ago.

Hamels numbers this year are pretty much in line with his career numbers. He's actually throwing harder than he did a couple of years ago. I would give up anything for Revere. He's the poster boy of slap hitters, who would be playing a corner position for us. Revere adds nothing to that deal.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#64 User is offline   aso513 

• Not An Alias
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:27 AM

Always nice to win 3 straight when you aren't playing like you can having said that it would be nice to put a good effort together today and get this sweep.

#65 Guest_sloshyj_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:34 AM

View Postaso513, on 14 June 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

Always nice to win 3 straight when you aren't playing like you can having said that it would be nice to put a good effort together today and get this sweep.

Try some punctuation. Your stream of consciousness writing style is hardly worth the effort to decipher it.

#66 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:06 AM

Can someone explain why Corey Hart is still on this team? Despite jpbucco thinking injured players in their 30 don't suddenly forget how to hit:

1. He hasn't started a game in nearly a month. And even then, he was taken out for a defensive replacement in a game the Pirates were losing 2-1.

2. He has an OPS of .507
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#67 Guest_blurjose_*

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostPenguin, on 14 June 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

Can someone explain why Corey Hart is still on this team? Despite jpbucco thinking injured players in their 30 don't suddenly forget how to hit:

1. He hasn't started a game in nearly a month. And even then, he was taken out for a defensive replacement in a game the Pirates were losing 2-1.

2. He has an OPS of .507

If you want a good reason, it doesn't exist. If you want a bad reason, it's that he's hitting over .300 as a pinch hitter.

He should not be on the roster playing baseball.

#68 User is online   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:11 AM

View Postblurjose, on 14 June 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

He should not be on the roster playing baseball.

He can play all the baseball he wants for someone else. It would only help the Pirates.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#69 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:20 AM

View Postsloshyj, on 14 June 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

Try some punctuation. Your stream of consciousness writing style is hardly worth the effort to decipher it.

You forgot to include a jab at u.

#70 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:21 AM

View PostPenguin, on 14 June 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

2. He has an OPS of .507

The Pirates always have to have at least one guy I hate. Hart is the guy.

#71 User is offline   aso513 

• Not An Alias
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

View Postsloshyj, on 14 June 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

I'll work on that for you. You should try not being such a fucking bore.

#72 Guest_sloshyj_*

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:17 PM

View Postcoolpapacole, on 14 June 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

You forgot to include a jab at u.

Good call...

"Try some punctuation. Your stream of consciousness writing style is hardly worth the effort to decipher it. Unlike U000, who writes quite legibly about how he thinks Cole is not yet an ace because he doesn't go 7 innings."

How's that?

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic