Pittsburgh Pirates: Brewers @ Pirates 2015.06.10 Game 59 - Pittsburgh Pirates

Jump to content

  • 9 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brewers @ Pirates 2015.06.10 Game 59 Those Assholes From Milwaukee Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

  • Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 32,462
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:State College, PA

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:29 PM

Raise that fucker
5 GP

10-16, 4-2B, 2-3B, 9 RBI, 6 R
0

#42 Guest_sloshyj_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:30 PM

Rays
0

#43 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

  • GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,730
  • Joined: 10-April 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Right Behind You
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:31 PM

View Postmzimmerman81, on 10 June 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

Three runs in 26 innings off garbage pitchers is a little bothersome

They weren't good the previous two days, but 11 hits in 29 AB tonight? I'll take that. Sometimes sequencing screws you.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels
0

#44 User is offline   Vegetable 

  • El Conquistador
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,751
  • Joined: 24-January 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:32 PM

Fuck Bake McBride.
"We’ll be comfortable adding one (starter),” he said. “We’ll be comfortable adding nobody if it’s just not there. We don’t feel we are driven to force it. If we can add one that makes sense for us, that’s great. If we can add two that make sense … then we do that.”
Opie Taylor. In a decisive moment.
0

#45 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

  • Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9,892
  • Joined: 24-November 08

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:42 PM

Neverette is going over the radio game highlights. Had to explain, despite what he said in his Pedro HR call, that the ball did NOT actually land in the Allegheny. In fact, it didn't leave PNC Park.

Priceless.
IS THIS THE GAME THREAD???
0

#46 User is offline   aso513 

  • Not An Alias
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,619
  • Joined: 08-June 10
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:53 PM

Melancon seems to get a comebacker every outing. You gotta sweep the Phillies this weekend. Raise it.

@Haudricourt: #Brewers Jonathan Lucroy said Charlie Morton had best sinker they had seen all season.
0

#47 User is offline   donwengert4life 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,688
  • Joined: 16-November 08

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:36 PM

View Postmzimmerman81, on 10 June 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

Three runs in 26 innings off garbage pitchers is a little bothersome


Yeah but that happens to all teams at some point. And Jimmy Nelson isn't really a garbage pitcher.
0

#48 User is offline   mvk112 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 14,305
  • Joined: 17-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:00 AM

View Postsloshyj, on 10 June 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

Not trolling you goof.

You quote an 84 ERA+, but that includes some shitty early years. Does his ERA in 2008 for Atlanta really matter? He has a 104 ERA+ over his last 49 GS from 2013 to now. Isn't that more relevant to this discussion?

Of course it is, but it doesn't make your point, whatever shitty ass thing that is. So you pick whatever statistics best tell your story.

It's like U000 using Cole's career ERA+ to justify why he isn't an ace, this while he is literally transforming in front of us. "Nope, not an ace, look at the career ERA+."

The past can serve as a predictor, but it's not the entire story. Get your nose out of past statistics and actually watch what is going on.


I'm not the biggest Charlie Morton fan, but the way he has pitched the past few years, and the first handful of starts this year, I don't know how you could say you can't count on him in a playoff series. They counted on him in 2013 and he pitched well enough to give them a chance to close out a series. If only Cutch could've come through against Wacha in the ninth...
0

#49 User is offline   aso513 

  • Not An Alias
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,619
  • Joined: 08-June 10
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:25 AM

I'm shocked Morton hasn't hit a batter in 26.1 IP
0

#50 Guest_sloshyj_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:40 AM

View Postaso513, on 10 June 2015 - 08:53 PM, said:

@Haudricourt: #Brewers Jonathan Lucroy said Charlie Morton had best sinker they had seen all season.

Yea, but his career ERA+ is 84. I mean, he had a 6.15 ERA in 2008... Does Jonathan Lucroy understand that?
0

#51 User is offline   aso513 

  • Not An Alias
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,619
  • Joined: 08-June 10
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:05 AM

View Postsloshyj, on 11 June 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

Yea, but his career ERA+ is 84. I mean, he had a 6.15 ERA in 2008... Does Jonathan Lucroy understand that?


He'll never be as good as I wanted to believe for awhile but at this point if he is controlling the ball down in the zone he will give this team more than enough from the BOR.
0

#52 User is offline   GoBucs21 

  • Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 33,137
  • Joined: 10-December 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:13 AM

View Postaso513, on 10 June 2015 - 08:53 PM, said:

Melancon seems to get a comebacker every outing. You gotta sweep the Phillies this weekend. Raise it.

@Haudricourt: #Brewers Jonathan Lucroy said Charlie Morton had best sinker they had seen all season.

His command has been very good the last month and a half. He's putting his pitches right where he wants them. It seems like when he misses, he misses out of the strike zone. He has been very good lately.

Still, I would try to deal him in the off season.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.
0

#53 User is offline   jcharding 

  • Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,084
  • Joined: 17-November 08

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:23 AM

ESPN pirates article

http://espn.go.com/b...-the-nl-central
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.
0

#54 Guest_Utterly Irredeemable_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:26 AM

View Postsloshyj, on 10 June 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

Not trolling you goof.

You quote an 84 ERA+, but that includes some shitty early years. Does his ERA in 2008 for Atlanta really matter? He has a 104 ERA+ over his last 49 GS from 2013 to now. Isn't that more relevant to this discussion?

Of course it is, but it doesn't make your point, whatever shitty ass thing that is. So you pick whatever statistics best tell your story.

It's like U000 using Cole's career ERA+ to justify why he isn't an ace, this while he is literally transforming in front of us. "Nope, not an ace, look at the career ERA+."

The past can serve as a predictor, but it's not the entire story. Get your nose out of past statistics and actually watch what is going on.


What percentage of your posts are about me, anyway? This obsession would be cute if not for the fact that you're a deranged lunatic. But I tell you what - if it will help you deal with the all-consuming obsession, I'll let you blow me. Just head on over. I mean, I'm sure I'll enjoy it more than you mocking my wife or calling my employer or stalking me over the Internet. You can spit or swallow, whichever you prefer. Come get it over with.
-1

#55 Guest_sloshyj_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:32 AM

View PostUtterly Irredeemable, on 11 June 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

What percentage of your posts are about me, anyway? This obsession would be cute if not for the fact that you're a deranged lunatic. But I tell you what - if it will help you deal with the all-consuming obsession, I'll let you blow me. Just head on over. I mean, I'm sure I'll enjoy it more than you mocking my wife or calling my employer or stalking me over the Internet. You can spit or swallow, whichever you prefer. Come get it over with.

Posted Image
-2

#56 Guest_Utterly Irredeemable_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:34 AM

View Postmvk112, on 11 June 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:

I'm not the biggest Charlie Morton fan, but the way he has pitched the past few years, and the first handful of starts this year, I don't know how you could say you can't count on him in a playoff series. They counted on him in 2013 and he pitched well enough to give them a chance to close out a series. If only Cutch could've come through against Wacha in the ninth...


I guess it depends on your alternatives. He's vastly preferable to Locke or Worley, but his command issues and his tendency to melt down are concerning to me in a postseason setting. But you're correct that he pitched very well in Game 4 against the Cardinals...he has 3 1/2 months to make a case.
0

#57 Guest_Utterly Irredeemable_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:35 AM

View Postsloshyj, on 11 June 2015 - 07:32 AM, said:

Posted Image


Oh come on, don't play hard to get NOW after a decade of being obsessed with my cock. Don't get cold feet, Josh. You know you want it. Come get it. I mean, you may have run tdippo off when you took shots at his dead father, but it's not going to work with me, so just come and take it. You know you want it.
-1

#58 Guest_sloshyj_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:42 AM

View PostUtterly Irredeemable, on 11 June 2015 - 07:35 AM, said:

Oh come on, don't play hard to get NOW after a decade of being obsessed with my cock. Don't get cold feet, Josh. You know you want it. Come get it. I mean, you may have run tdippo off when you took shots at his dead father, but it's not going to work with me, so just come and take it. You know you want it.

This is a new twist on the crybaby mad libs that is your usual discourse. I like it. Using my real name for dramatic effect. A little unhinged. Homoerotic, which is probably the least surprising element.

I knew you couldn't resist.

#IsColeAnAceYet? is trending. You're a meme!
-2

#59 Guest_Utterly Irredeemable_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:45 AM

View Postsloshyj, on 11 June 2015 - 07:42 AM, said:

This is a new twist on the crybaby mad libs that is your usual discourse. I like it. Using my real name for dramatic effect. A little unhinged. Homoerotic, which is probably the least surprising element.

I knew you couldn't resist.


Need my address? Oh wait, that's silly, you already know it being the master ot internet stalking and proxy servers that you are...speaking of, are you certain that you always remembered to use those proxy servers when posting under other screen names? Are you CERTAIN? Just curious.
-1

#60 Guest_sloshyj_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:49 AM

View PostUtterly Irredeemable, on 11 June 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

Need my address? Oh wait, that's silly, you already know it being the master ot internet stalking and proxy servers that you are...speaking of, are you certain that you always remembered to use those proxy servers when posting under other screen names? Are you CERTAIN? Just curious.

Ohmygod... You've... You've figured me out. Curses! Damn you Smallwood!!!
-2

Share this topic:


  • 9 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic