• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2015 Season Thread General MLB Thread Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Jeff King 

• Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostPenguin, on 06 April 2015 - 08:03 PM, said:

Matt Cain has tightness in his forearm, will miss his start this week and is scheduled for a MRI. Doesn't sound good.

It was not a smart move to count on Cain, Peavy and Hudson to be 3/5ths of a rotation. Hudson is solid, but he looked bad in the post-season last year and is almost 40. Other than the two months Peavy was with the Giants last year, he's been pretty meh for a few seasons. Cain was hurt last year and had a down 2013, too.

Sabean didn't do shit this offseason, except add Norichika Aoki as a 4th OFer. If his rotation goes up in flames, it's nobody's fault but his own.
Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.

#42 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:24 PM

View PostJeff King, on 06 April 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

It was not a smart move to count on Cain, Peavy and Hudson to be 3/5ths of a rotation. Hudson is solid, but he looked bad in the post-season last year and is almost 40. Other than the two months Peavy was with the Giants last year, he's been pretty meh for a few seasons. Cain was hurt last year and had a down 2013, too.

Sabean didn't do shit this offseason, except add Norichika Aoki as a 4th OFer. If his rotation goes up in flames, it's nobody's fault but his own.

Aoki was acquired to be their starting LF. And Sabean also acquired Casey McGehee

Yeah, they're fucked as I can't see them finishing higher than 3rd. Last place is a realistic outcome.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#43 User is offline   Jeff King 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:32 PM

View PostPenguin, on 06 April 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

Aoki was acquired to be their starting LF.

That's even worse.

And Sabean also acquired Casey McGehee

That's quite a step down from Sandoval...and despite MLB Network sucking McGeheheheheheh's dick over batting behind Stanton last year, he's still not very good.

Yeah, they're fucked as I can't see them finishing higher than 3rd. Last place is a realistic outcome.

Yeah, this is not a good team. It's crazy that they're the World Champions.
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:35 PM

So you're not a believer in "Hits McGehee?"
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#45 User is online   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:09 PM

Matt Cain is still owed a shit pile of money too
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#46 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:10 PM

View PostJeff King, on 06 April 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

Kevin Creagh vindicated.

#47 User is offline   aso513 

• Not An Alias
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:34 AM

Anyone else use MLB.TV to watch the games? I was able to see the game on Monday without it but I was wondering if there is still a delay this year?

#48 User is offline   Jeff King 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostPenguin, on 06 April 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

Aoki was acquired to be their starting LF. And Sabean also acquired Casey McGehee

Brandon Belt gimped off the field last night. It didn't look serious, as he walked off without assistance, but still. He was running into RF to try to catch a popup and something wasn't right.

MLB Network also said that Jake Peavy threw a bullpen session and reported soreness in his arm. Not a good start on the injury front for, "The Champs."
Posted Image

#49 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:18 AM

View PostJeff King, on 08 April 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

Brandon Belt gimped off the field last night. It didn't look serious, as he walked off without assistance, but still. He was running into RF to try to catch a popup and something wasn't right.

MLB Network also said that Jake Peavy threw a bullpen session and reported soreness in his arm. Not a good start on the injury front for, "The Champs."

Belt's injured his groin. No word to the extent or how much time he may miss. I hadn't heard about Peavy's arm issue. He was initially scratched for a sore back.

Keep in mind, not only have they potentially lost Cain, Belt and Peavy before they even completed their second game of the season, but Pence won't be back until early May.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#50 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:23 AM

Belt hurt his groin? Good thing we hung on to Cedeno and Hanrahan!

- Steve Z.

#51 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:25 AM

View PostGideon Clarke, on 06 April 2015 - 08:10 PM, said:

I was facebook chatting with my best friend about the start of the season last week. He favors the Cardinals and Nationals this year and I mentioned that the Giants have to be in the conversation. He remarked that the Giants don't win in odd-numbered years.

I guess this year, he'll be right.

That Nationals rotation is a nightmare for the rest of the National League. If they can hit at all... Yikes.

#52 User is offline   jestor92 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:34 AM

View Postaso513, on 08 April 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

Anyone else use MLB.TV to watch the games? I was able to see the game on Monday without it but I was wondering if there is still a delay this year?

I considered getting it, but apparently there is a blackout for the games in Wilkes-Barre, PA. I was going to watch them over the Xbox One so that kind of killed any thought I had on getting it.
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!

#53 User is offline   DanPotashtic 

• Most Important
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:41 AM

View Postaso513, on 08 April 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

There's less of a delay if you watch on your computer, maybe 10 seconds? But when I watch on Xbox it's very very delayed. At least 1 minute and longer at some points.

#54 User is offline   aso513 

• Not An Alias
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:47 AM

View PostDanPotashtic, on 08 April 2015 - 10:41 AM, said:

There's less of a delay if you watch on your computer, maybe 10 seconds? But when I watch on Xbox it's very very delayed. At least 1 minute and longer at some points.

Thanks, I am going to try it on my PS4 tonight and see how it is. If not I will use the Chromecast.

#55 Guest_defdog_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:56 AM

the PS4 version of MLB.tv premium _should_ be better than the PS3....

but we're talking about a $450 machine that still cant play Compact Discs or create folders or do some basic things yet.

#56 User is online   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

View Postdefdog, on 08 April 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

the PS4 version of MLB.tv premium _should_ be better than the PS3....

but we're talking about a $450 machine that still cant play Compact Discs or create folders or do some basic things yet.

what are Compact Discs old guy?
You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#57 User is offline   Martini 

• I'd Raged Have Lomo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:11 PM

View Postoblongatta, on 08 April 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

what are Compact Discs old guy?

You hush.
Get it?

#58 User is online   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:16 PM

View PostMartini, on 08 April 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

You hush.

I discovered a good way to feel young. I went to see Neil Diamond in concert last night.
That's better than not pretty at all,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#59 Guest_defdog_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:37 PM

Spoiler

#60 User is offline   Martini 

• I'd Raged Have Lomo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:40 PM

View Postoblongatta, on 08 April 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

I discovered a good way to feel young. I went to see Neil Diamond in concert last night.

Did you throw your panties onstage?
Get it?

Share this topic:

• 76 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic