Javier was a lucky boy.

#22 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:34 PM

View PostDanPotashtic, on 05 April 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

Javier was a lucky boy.

I wonder if Uncle Blurjose got Javier some birthday jizz crisps.

#23 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:43 PM

View PostDanPotashtic, on 05 April 2015 - 08:30 PM, said:

they are delicious

Posted Image

This picture of ethnic, pock marked Pac-Man is racist for sure.

#24 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:43 PM

View Postv2burghboy, on 05 April 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

fuck that shit, that's not a cake. that's just a bigass cookie. I don't really have a problem with a bigass cookie, but that sure as shit ain't a motherfucking cake

#25 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:44 PM

View Postecbenito, on 05 April 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

fuck that shit, that's not a cake. that's just a bigass cookie. I don't really have a problem with a bigass cookie, but that sure as shit ain't a motherfucking cake

I'm with you on that one. Calling a big cookie a cake is a strawman argument for cakes.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#26 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:48 PM

View Postecbenito, on 05 April 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

Why do you want to ruin Javier's 13th birthday? It's bad enough he was molested by tWTM. And now you want to take this from him? And just when he was beginning to make some positive emotional progress with his thigh gap issues.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#27 User is offline   gahran 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:51 PM

I am feeling less threatened about the cubs. They still look pretty sorry.

#28 User is offline   DanPotashtic 

• Most Important
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:52 PM

Y

View Postgahran, on 05 April 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:

Yup. Cubs gonna Cub.

#29 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:52 PM

View PostPenguin, on 05 April 2015 - 08:48 PM, said:

Why do you want to ruin Javier's 13th birthday? It's bad enough he was molested by tWTM. And now you want to take this from him? And just when he was beginning to make some positive emotional progress with his thigh gap issues.

maybe if Javier wasn't such a little bastard he would have gotten a real birthday cake. just sayin

#30 User is offline   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:57 PM

Yep.

If they're going to play like a JV team, what's to worry?

#31 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:03 PM

View PostPenguin, on 05 April 2015 - 08:48 PM, said:

Why do you want to ruin Javier's 13th birthday? It's bad enough he was molested by tWTM.

Javier is a parrot?

#32 User is offline   tobaccoroad 

• H@m@ph@be
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Jack Cust hails from my hometown!!

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:09 PM

IS THIS THE GAME THREAD? WHO'S JAVIER AND HOW OLD IS HE?

- RIP Grey

Shoes

#33 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:11 PM

Cheap motherfuckers:

http://www.usatoday..../2015/team/all/
``Weve got some holes were looking to fill. We dont feel like we desperately have to do anything. Were in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.

#34 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:20 PM

View PostNYPirate, on 05 April 2015 - 09:11 PM, said:

WTM celebrates his vindication as the Pirates moved from 26 to 25.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#35 User is offline   Jeff King 

• Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:24 PM

Five innings might be on the small side of sample sizes to get an idea for how a team will do over the course of 162 games.

But I'm no expert, so let's ask tWTM.
Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.

#36 Guest_Utterly Irredeemable_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:26 PM

Rick Porcello just got $83M for 4 years. Liriano's deal looks better and better.

#37 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

Matt Cain has tightness in his forearm, will miss his start this week and is scheduled for a MRI. Doesn't sound good.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#38 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:05 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 05 April 2015 - 09:20 PM, said:

WTM celebrates his vindication as the Pirates moved from 26 to 25.

NEAL lining us up to come in at under $1 million per win again. The most cost-effective team in baseball.

Speaking personally, I'd rather have the most effective team in baseball.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#39 User is offline   clemente_in_right 

• Silenced Pen
  • PipPip
  • Interests:selling paper

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:08 PM

View PostPenguin, on 06 April 2015 - 08:03 PM, said:

Matt Cain has tightness in his forearm, will miss his start this week and is scheduled for a MRI. Doesn't sound good.

Sabean's luck is about to run out!
-DBS/Rollo
In any human group, family, tribe, (or baseball team), there are norms - shared expectations of behavior. Any member who deviates from these norms calls into question the basic values of the group. And groups don't like to have their basic values questioned. It makes them nervous. - Jim Bouton in Ball Four Plus Ball Five

What about doctors who make house calls? Repairmen who know how to fix things? And ballplayers who hustle? And boxers who get carried out of the ring, instead of quitting because of stomach cramps? And what about the death penalty for scum who take a human life and snuff it out like it's so much garbage? I've seen the past, gentlemen, and it works. - William Shatner as T.J. Hooker in episode 1.1 'The Protectors'

It seems likely that removing the sense of closure from book writing will, in time, alter writer's attitudes toward their work. The pressure to achieve perfection will diminish, along with the artistic rigor that the pressure imposed. - Nicholas Carr from The Shallows

#40 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:10 PM

View Postclemente_in_right, on 06 April 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

Sabean's luck is about to run out!
-DBS/Rollo

I was facebook chatting with my best friend about the start of the season last week. He favors the Cardinals and Nationals this year and I mentioned that the Giants have to be in the conversation. He remarked that the Giants don't win in odd-numbered years.

I guess this year, he'll be right.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

Share this topic:

• 76 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic