Pittsburgh Pirates: Celebrity Death Watch - Pittsburgh Pirates

Jump to content

  • 27 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Celebrity Death Watch 2015 Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   maco 

  • maco
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,604
  • Joined: 20-November 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sunnybuck, 'bout 7 1/2
  • Interests:sunsets on the beach, holding hands, maternal copulators

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

Little Jimmy Dickens, Grand Ole Opry star, etc.

http://www.tennessea...-obit/21210809/
0

#42 User is offline   v2burghboy 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15,299
  • Joined: 24-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:04 PM

Alex Morgan got married.

I may have to kill her husband.
0

#43 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

  • Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 42,208
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:10 PM

View Posthir51, on 01 January 2015 - 08:32 PM, said:

Meh, those girls get a bad rap because they're famous. When I was their age I was on similar, if not worse, benders. And not only have I lived to tell, I've prospered


I don't know man. The amount of coke they're doing would have put us in the poor house. We couldn't afford to be the type of addicts they are. Much as we would have wanted to at the time
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.
0

#44 User is offline   v2burghboy 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15,299
  • Joined: 24-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:07 PM

Sen. Edward Brooke

http://www.cnn.com/2...dies/index.html
0

#45 User is offline   maco 

  • maco
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,604
  • Joined: 20-November 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sunnybuck, 'bout 7 1/2
  • Interests:sunsets on the beach, holding hands, maternal copulators

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:57 AM

While many already know- it seems appropriate to put Stuart Scott here-

http://espn.go.com/e...hor-dies-age-49
0

#46 User is offline   donwengert4life 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,527
  • Joined: 16-November 08

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:12 AM

View Postmaco, on 04 January 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

While many already know- it seems appropriate to put Stuart Scott here-

http://espn.go.com/e...hor-dies-age-49


That sucks. His act got stale but he was really fresh and unique back in the day.
4

#47 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

  • Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 29,082
  • Joined: 15-August 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wendy's

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

View Postmaco, on 04 January 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

While many already know- it seems appropriate to put Stuart Scott here-

http://espn.go.com/e...hor-dies-age-49


Wow ... that's awful. Cancer is the worst.

Didn't love his style, but certainly respected the enthusiasm for his craft. Seemed like a really good guy, too.
1

#48 User is offline   ecbenito 

  • Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 26,748
  • Joined: 17-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:with the outlaws

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:25 AM

View PostTrey_Beamon, on 04 January 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

Wow ... that's awful. Cancer is the worst.

Didn't love his style, but certainly respected the enthusiasm for his craft. Seemed like a really good guy, too.

Never really cared for Scott's act on the air and I knew a couple people that worked for ESPN and they had less than stellar things to say about him, but his ESPY speech last year was just fucking incredible. He's got a couple young daughters, I feel bad for them


0

#49 User is offline   Jeff King 

  • Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 19,422
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

View Postdonwengert4life, on 04 January 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

That sucks. His act got stale but he was really fresh and unique back in the day.


Yeah, he was good in the beginning, using his phrases like, "cooler than the other side of the pillow." But much like Chris Berman, the act got old quickly.

Regardless of that, it sucks that he died. Too young.
Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.
0

#50 User is offline   Jeff King 

  • Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 19,422
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

So, I checked my Twitter feed to see pretty much nothing but tribute tweets to Stuart Scott. Wedged in between is this self-promotional tweet from Asshole Douchejan Kovacebitch:

Quote

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic 31m31 minutes ago Pittsburgh, PA
One small favor: If you subscribe today as result of seeing this free column, please shoot me a note. Curious to see if this has any impact.


Fuck Stuart Scott!! He's dead and can't get me any subscribers to my lame website. Time to move on from him, people.

Perhaps you don't realize, that although he's gone, I'm still here...and I have bills to pay!!

Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.
1

#51 User is offline   NYPirate 

  • Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 28,852
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:36 PM

*
POPULAR

I can't wait for the day "cancer" shows up as a celebrity death. I fucking hate cancer.
``We’ve got some holes we’re looking to fill. We don’t feel like we desperately have to do anything. We’re in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.’’
9

#52 User is offline   ecbenito 

  • Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 26,748
  • Joined: 17-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:with the outlaws

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

View PostNYPirate, on 04 January 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

I can't wait for the day "cancer" shows up as a celebrity death. I fucking hate cancer.

believe me we're trying. Melanoma is the first one down
0

#53 User is offline   aso513 

  • Not An Alias
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,619
  • Joined: 08-June 10
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:00 AM

View PostJeff King, on 04 January 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

So, I checked my Twitter feed to see pretty much nothing but tribute tweets to Stuart Scott. Wedged in between is this self-promotional tweet from Asshole Douchejan Kovacebitch:



Fuck Stuart Scott!! He's dead and can't get me any subscribers to my lame website. Time to move on from him, people.

Perhaps you don't realize, that although he's gone, I'm still here...and I have bills to pay!!



While Dk can be a twat, he isn't required to say something in tribute to Stuart Scott on social media.
-2

#54 User is online   Pantsless Jose Lind 

  • The Ugandan Giant
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,729
  • Joined: 08-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana, PA
  • Interests:I enjoy playing second base and cocaine.

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

It sucks that Stuart Scott had cancer and died and left two young daughters behind and his Jimmy V speech was memorable and his fight with cancer was courageous so let me just preface that. However, I tired quickly of watching tributes to him about what a pioneer sports anchor he was. Stuart Scott's "style" was horribly annoying and ushered in the ridiculous era of Sportscenter anchors feeling the need to have a catch phrase.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone because it's not my intention, but the worst part of the tributes were statements from black athletes or other anchors stating how refreshing it was to hear someone who "talked like them" when doing sports coverage. I wasn't aware that was a huge need to be filled in the black community.
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?" --sisyphus -UPPMD
2

#55 User is offline   Jeff King 

  • Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 19,422
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:15 AM

View Postaso513, on 05 January 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

While Dk can be a twat, he isn't required to say something in tribute to Stuart Scott on social media.


Of course Dejan isn't required to say anything in tribute to Stuart Scott. I was pointing out how douchey it looked among a sea of tweets mentioning the passing of Stuart Scott, that Dejan is begging people to check out his website in hopes of getting subscriptions. He couldn't even wait an hour until the Stuart Scott tweets died down.

Let me ask you this. Did you pay for your subscription to Dejan's website in one payment or do they take the fee from your checking account monthly?
Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.
1

#56 User is offline   PF82 

  • no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 19,092
  • Joined: 17-November 08
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:The Danger Zone

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:21 AM

View PostJeff King, on 05 January 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

Let me ask you this. Did you pay for your subscription to Dejan's website in one payment or do they take the fee from your checking account monthly?


I believe he's on the monthly facial payment plan.
"I have to admit
I thought I was shock proof"
2

#57 User is offline   aso513 

  • Not An Alias
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,619
  • Joined: 08-June 10
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:34 AM

View PostJeff King, on 05 January 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

Of course Dejan isn't required to say anything in tribute to Stuart Scott. I was pointing out how douchey it looked among a sea of tweets mentioning the passing of Stuart Scott, that Dejan is begging people to check out his website in hopes of getting subscriptions. He couldn't even wait an hour until the Stuart Scott tweets died down.

Let me ask you this. Did you pay for your subscription to Dejan's website in one payment or do they take the fee from your checking account monthly?


I got the subscription for my old man and it happens monthly. And I agree with PJL on this, the whole talks like me thing was just weird.
-2

#58 User is offline   donwengert4life 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,527
  • Joined: 16-November 08

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostPantsless Jose Lind, on 05 January 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

It sucks that Stuart Scott had cancer and died and left two young daughters behind and his Jimmy V speech was memorable and his fight with cancer was courageous so let me just preface that. However, I tired quickly of watching tributes to him about what a pioneer sports anchor he was. Stuart Scott's "style" was horribly annoying and ushered in the ridiculous era of Sportscenter anchors feeling the need to have a catch phrase.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone because it's not my intention, but the worst part of the tributes were statements from black athletes or other anchors stating how refreshing it was to hear someone who "talked like them" when doing sports coverage. I wasn't aware that was a huge need to be filled in the black community.


I understand those reactions from the black community.

This will probably rub people the wrong way, but you have a group of people who has been marginalized for 200 years. The vast majority of people on TV are white. I can see how a dude like Scott could really be a meaningful figure for them. It probably was sort of a huge need for them, actually.

I was not a huge fan because I feel like he had declined into a forced self-parody over the years. But I get his appeal.
1

#59 User is offline   oblongatta 

  • Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15,524
  • Joined: 17-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a bar
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:32 AM

wait Stuart Scott died? Why has no one mentioned this?
You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.
0

#60 User is offline   ckroynovich 

  • All Star
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,693
  • Joined: 31-December 10
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:21 PM

Allie Sherman, 91.
1

Share this topic:


  • 27 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic