• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Celebrity Death Watch 2015 Rate Topic: -----

#21 Guest_Nickflair04_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:41 PM

View Postgahran, on 01 January 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

Stan Lee

I saw him speak at a comic convention on Monroeville two years ago. He's older than dirt and can't hear too well anymore, but still seems to get along well and mentally is extremely quick and witty.

#22 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:08 PM

Mario Cuomo, former NY Governor starts the list.
``We’ve got some holes we’re looking to fill. We don’t feel like we desperately have to do anything. We’re in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.’’

#24 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

View PostLonghornBuc, on 01 January 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

59-20 and Herbstriet just said FSU has quit at the 49 minute mark.

I guess Florida State is a celebrity

#25 User is offline   hir51 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:32 PM

View Postsilverspring, on 01 January 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

I am still amazed that Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes have somehow avoided the cold, bony finger of Maco's touch. Those two are complete messes, Amanda more than Lohan.

Meh, those girls get a bad rap because they're famous. When I was their age I was on similar, if not worse, benders. And not only have I lived to tell, I've prospered

#26 User is offline   tobaccoroad 

• H@m@ph@be
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Jack Cust hails from my hometown!!

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:59 PM

View PostNYPirate, on 01 January 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

Mario Cuomo, former NY Governor starts the list.

He was also a former Pirates farmhand.

Shoes

#27 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

View Posthir51, on 01 January 2015 - 08:32 PM, said:

Meh, those girls get a bad rap because they're famous. When I was their age I was on similar, if not worse, benders. And not only have I lived to tell, I've prospered

Did you habitually drive drunk? And did you hit drugs so hard that your appearance changed dramatically? Just saying that neither of those scenarios are a good sign. The numbers tell you people who do those things generally have shorter life spans.

#28 User is offline   hir51 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:29 PM

View Postsilverspring, on 01 January 2015 - 09:25 PM, said:

Did you habitually drive drunk? And did you hit drugs so hard that your appearance changed dramatically? Just saying that neither of those scenarios are a good sign. The numbers tell you people who do those things generally have shorter life spans.

No I didn't habitually drive drunk. But the appearance thing is overblown as well. Their appearance on TV and movies is just a drastic s change from their norm as their appearance all fucked up.

#29 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:28 PM

View Posthir51, on 02 January 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

No I didn't habitually drive drunk. But the appearance thing is overblown as well. Their appearance on TV and movies is just a drastic s change from their norm as their appearance all fucked up.

I will agree on their appearance. However, I would bet that their personal problems are not overblown at all. A large part of the country never goes to re-hab once, let alone multiple times. A great many people never get one DUI let alone multiple ones. While their appearance may be over hyped, I would bet their other problems are right on the mark.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#30 User is offline   Martini 

• I'd Raged Have Lomo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

So Elly May is dead…

http://www.wwltv.com...mpett/21194103/
Get it?

#31 User is offline   Martini 

• I'd Raged Have Lomo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:20 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 02 January 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

I will agree on their appearance. However, I would bet that their personal problems are not overblown at all. A large part of the country never goes to re-hab once, let alone multiple times. A great many people never get one DUI let alone multiple ones. While their appearance may be over hyped, I would bet their other problems are right on the mark.

A great many people can't afford their lifestyles and multiple rehab vacations; a single DWI will often financially cripple the average citizen. Being in the public eye also magnifies their problems for all to see. I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of (functioning?) Americans with issues far beyond theirs.
Get it?

#32 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

View PostMartini, on 02 January 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

A great many people can't afford their lifestyles and multiple rehab vacations; a single DWI will often financially cripple the average citizen. Being in the public eye also magnifies their problems for all to see. I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of (functioning?) Americans with issues far beyond theirs.

Perhaps but there are likely many millions of Americans who don't have their issues. Regardless of how their issues are magnified, I seriously doubt their issues could hardly be considered part of the norm or anything close to it. They are the statistical outlier.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

#33 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

View PostMartini, on 02 January 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

Depends on how overblown their problems are. I will say this though, their behavior reminds me of a lot of people who died young. There are a lot of people that did or are doing what these girls appear to be doing. And I bet, on average, their lives are shorter. The good news for these girls is that they are young enough to get their acts together. And to star in a filthy "leaked" vid together once their careers are completely over with. Wait. What?

#34 User is offline   hir51 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:56 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 02 January 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

Perhaps but there are likely many millions of Americans who don't have their issues. Regardless of how their issues are magnified, I seriously doubt their issues could hardly be considered part of the norm or anything close to it. They are the statistical outlier.

And I would say that at least one it one rehab visit each was for PR sake. Are they fucked up? Yes. But so many others are too. Especially buckeye bucco. He's fucked up. And nobody but us knows anything about him.

#35 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:58 PM

View Posthir51, on 02 January 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

And I would say that at least one it one rehab visit each was for PR sake. Are they fucked up? Yes. But so many others are too. Especially buckeye bucco. He's fucked up. And nobody but us knows anything about him.

I agree many people are fucked up. I don't agree that as many people are as fucked up as Lohan and Byrne, as those who aren't. Whether celebs or not, their fuckedupedness is beyond the norm.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#36 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:58 PM

View PostLonghornBuc, on 02 January 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

Looks like its gonna be a busy year dying.

Haven't you heard? Dying never goes out of business.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#37 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:22 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 02 January 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

I agree many people are fucked up. I don't agree that as many people are as fucked up as Lohan and Byrne, as those who aren't. Whether celebs or not, their fuckedupedness is beyond the norm.

I think so, but I do also recognize that, as Martini said, they are far from alone. Seen it too many times. What would concern me if I was friends with Amanda Bynes is that she looks yellow, which was what I meant when I mentioned her appearance. That's a really bad sign.

#38 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

View Postsilverspring, on 02 January 2015 - 05:22 PM, said:

I think so, but I do also recognize that, as Martini said, they are far from alone. Seen it too many times. What would concern me if I was friends with Amanda Bynes is that she looks yellow, which was what I meant when I mentioned her appearance. That's a really bad sign.

I don't think anyone was making the argument that they are the only ones. I do believe they are not in the majority.

Given their problems, their celebrity certainly isn't helping them.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#39 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 02 January 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

Haven't you heard? Dying never goes out of business.

Coming soon - the Nutting Death Emporium! Where they skip the embalming fluid but offer the deceased a free hot dog at the next Skyblast night.

#40 User is offline   Martini 

• I'd Raged Have Lomo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:25 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 02 January 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

I don't think anyone was making the argument that they are the only ones. I do believe they are not in the majority.

Given their problems, their celebrity certainly isn't helping them.

That's kind of the point I was making. Their fame, money, and hangers on enable them far more than the average person could sustain.
Get it?

#41 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:29 PM

View PostMartini, on 02 January 2015 - 06:25 PM, said:

That's kind of the point I was making. Their fame, money, and hangers on enable them far more than the average person could sustain.

I agree with that. My real point was that their fame probably doesn't help them get the real recovery that they need. Just my opinion.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic