• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2014-15 NBA Season Thread Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

My roommate and I are having a not so important dilemma. Comcast always runs two free weeks of League Pass at the beginning of the year, and two nights into the NBA season we've got unlimited value out of that. The problem isn't so much as it would be an extra $15/month each to our bill but that having it would significant deprive my sleep and evening productivity, because for some reason I will stay up until 1 AM watching Clips/Kings on a random Monday just because it's on.
5 GP

10-16, 4-2B, 2-3B, 9 RBI, 6 R

#22 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:51 AM

View Postmzimmerman81, on 30 October 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

My roommate and I are having a not so important dilemma. Comcast always runs two free weeks of League Pass at the beginning of the year, and two nights into the NBA season we've got unlimited value out of that. The problem isn't so much as it would be an extra $15/month each to our bill but that having it would significant deprive my sleep and evening productivity, because for some reason I will stay up until 1 AM watching Clips/Kings on a random Monday just because it's on.

or you could just stop being such a vagina

#23 User is offline   Jeff King 

• Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:07 AM

View Postdonwengert4life, on 29 October 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

Sixers kept it competitive with Indiana tonight. So there's that.

The Knicks looked like a D-League team against the Bulls. Tonight should be fun against Cleveland.
Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.

#24 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostJeff King, on 30 October 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

The Knicks looked like a D-League team against the Bulls. Tonight should be fun against Cleveland.

yeah, they looked really, really bad last night. Unless Phil can construct the roster as he sees fit, he then coaches them and they lock Dolan in a closet, I don't think much is going to change in NY

#25 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

View Postecbenito, on 30 October 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

yeah, they looked really, really bad last night. Unless Phil can construct the roster as he sees fit, he then coaches them and they lock Dolan in a closet, I don't think much is going to change in NY

That Bucks collapse last night was awful, too.

They were up 24 in the third quarter and let the Hornets force OT on a Kemba Walker three from like 30 feet out ... while holding a three-point lead and knowing full well that Charlotte had no timeouts.

#26 User is offline   donwengert4life 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:43 PM

Translation: "I would spend less time masturbating, and more time watching basketball."

Pay the money.

#27 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

Rasual Butler gets a mouthful of James Ennis's junk

"I have to admit
I thought I was shock proof"

#28 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:05 PM

Wait, so the Knicks get NWO music on the road? Do they want the Cleveland fans to cheer?
``We’ve got some holes we’re looking to fill. We don’t feel like we desperately have to do anything. We’re in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.’’

#29 User is offline   Jeff King 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:10 PM

View PostNYPirate, on 30 October 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

Wait, so the Knicks get NWO music on the road? Do they want the Cleveland fans to cheer?

If we continue to play like we did last night, we certainly won't get any cheers at The Garden. Might as well get some cheers on the road, if you can.
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:32 PM

View PostJeff King, on 30 October 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

If we continue to play like we did last night, we certainly won't get any cheers at The Garden. Might as well get some cheers on the road, if you can.

You were right. They fucking suck.

#31 User is offline   Jeff King 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostTrey_Beamon, on 30 October 2014 - 07:32 PM, said:

You were right. They fucking suck.

Shockingly, we've made a game out of this. We're up by five with two minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.
Posted Image

#32 User is offline   Jeff King 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:43 PM

Ha ha!!! Fuck the Cavs. We win.

We had some brutal possessions in that game, where it was pretty clear that the team has no clue how to play together. The roster is different and it's a new system, so I'll give them some time to try to get it together. But I'd rather just have Phil coaching the team as opposed to D Fish just doing what Phil tells him to do.
Posted Image

#33 User is online   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:03 PM

View Postecbenito, on 28 October 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

For the team, Durant being out until December might keep him fresh for the playoffs. Sucks for the fans, I love watching him play and he's in a contract year (like he's not getting a max deal). I think this is the year for OKC and they win it. OKC over the clippers in the west, Cleveland over Chicago in the east just barely ( I think Cleveland is a year from total domination).

I can't wait to see how bad the 76ers will be. They might struggle to win 12 games

I'm not nearly as up on the NBA as I have been the last few years but I'm still so anti Scott Brooks and the complimentary parts on that roster that I can't see the Thunder taking the West. After Westbrook and Durant their offense is bad, and made worse by the lack of any offensive creativity or Brooks being willing to use creative offensive lineups. Portland is a team I think has a chance to make it out of the West this year. I really want to like New Orleans because Anthony Davis is just that damn good, but I can't yet. Golden State and LAC are very good too.

The Thunder look like they're going to make the West playoff seeding very interesting though by not having Westbroook and Durant for a while. People may be running from those 1 and 2 seed spots.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#34 User is online   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:48 PM

It really is awesome. I didn't get it this year for the first time in like 4 years just because I'm still at work when a lot of the games I want to watch start. But I may cave and just get the mobile version.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#35 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:43 PM

Lebron and Irving go at it in the clubhouse after last nights loss. Good times.
``We’ve got some holes we’re looking to fill. We don’t feel like we desperately have to do anything. We’re in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.’’

#36 User is offline   donwengert4life 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

View PostWinters in Holland, on 04 November 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

1. Tony Wroten averaging 19.3 PPG in MCW's absence.

2. Nerlens Noel appearing healthy, and averaging over 31 minutes per game.

Otherwise, the 0-4 Sixers are a raging dumpsterfire. They might not win 8 games this year.

0-5 now after losing to Orlando at the buzzer.

I might be talking out my ass, but I question whether totally tanking on the season is wise even though it gets you a shot at the #1 pick.

You could see it going a couple of ways. You could see a guy turning into a gunner (like MCW did last year, apparently) and having those bad habits becoming ingrained. Or you could see a young guy get lazy because he feels like he's already the best player on the team and/or nothing he does is going help the team win.

Granted most great rookies join bad teams but there's run-of-the-mill 25-wins bad...and then there is Sixer-bad which means horrific on a historic level.

I mean...would you be highly motivated to work hard and improve if you're losing literally every night? That's got to get old after a while.

#37 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostNYPirate, on 06 November 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

Lebron and Irving go at it in the clubhouse after last nights loss. Good times.

well someone should communicate to Kyrie that he is absolutely not the most important player on the team. Take a step back son.

#38 User is online   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:07 PM

Two professional athletes were frustrated after losing a game?

Madness.

#39 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

View PostWinters in Holland, on 07 November 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

Agree completely. I think it's a real danger to totally tank 2 years in a row. Fans will tolerate 1 year for the greater good, but I've never seen a team that will potentially be this bad for 2 years straight.

Plus, the Sixers just had 2 top-10 picks in one of the deepest drafts in recent NBA history, and they somehow came away with 0 players that will play for them this year. So even if they have the worst record...

1. I'm not confident they'll pick the right player
2. Since the weighted lottery system came into play in 1990, only 3 teams with the worst record have actually won it. 3. In 23 years.

Having the worst record still only garners you a 25% chance at landing the pick, so I don't even see the point in tanking.

Then there is the thing about the integrity of the game when management decides to completely give away a season. Not to mention charging full prices for tickets.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#40 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:12 PM

I have no clue who JaKarr Sampson is
"I have to admit
I thought I was shock proof"

Share this topic:

• 65 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic