Pittsburgh Pirates: Booking WWE - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Booking WWE Road To WrestleMania 31 Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Booking WWE (28 member(s) have cast votes)

How ghey is this thread?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#301 User is online   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:04 PM

Kevin Owens is pretty fucking awesome.

#302 User is offline   mvk112 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:27 PM

View Postv2burghboy, on 01 June 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Kevin Owens is pretty fucking awesome.

Yeah he's pretty good. Cena was damn good tonight too.

#303 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:06 PM

I am enjoying this heavyweight storyline.

#304 User is offline   Pantsless Jose Lind 

• The Ugandan Giant
  • PipPip
  • Interests:I enjoy playing second base and cocaine.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:06 PM

A couple months ago I started watching ECW on the WWE Network when I had some time here and there starting at the point where Shane Douglas throws down the NWA belt. I'm currently at the May of 1995 point. I had never watched it in its original run when I was a kid, I think it may have been on late on Friday or Saturday nights on one of the local channels but I'm not sure. I'm finding it really really enjoyable and can't believe a promotion was featuring content that good at the same time WWF and WCW were putting out garbage like Diesel vs King Mabel and Hulk Hogan vs The Dungeon of Doom. And I had no idea. A few things:

- Cactus's Jack's promos.. Holy shit. To call them good is an understatement. They are among the best I have ever seen. I just watched one this morning that started with him talking about wiffleball as a kid and tied into someone (Ric Flair) telling him that him his style would kill him before he was 30. My description can't do it justice.

- I'm enjoying the Tommy Dreamer-Raven, Stevie Richards feud. Beulah was just introduced recently.

- I'm amused by the fact that there are at least two guys who sit front center ringside who are at every. single. show. The guy with the hat who shouts at the heels and his friend the sign guy. It's also somewhat amusing knowing now that all Joey Styles's promos in front of the ECW banner were filmed in Paul Heyman's basement that they piped in E-C-W chants with Joey pretending to look out over a sold out audience.

- I went to a WCW house show with my friends at the Palumbo Center in 1998 and the first match was Eddie Guerrero-Dean Malenko and iI never forgot it because it was really good. I didn't realize they had one of the most famous ECW matches ever.

- I dont really understand why they did so much with Public Enemy. There's a different vignette of them every week and they weren't talented in any way in my opinion.
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?" --sisyphus -UPPMD

#305 Guest_Nickflair04_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:17 PM

My second live wrestling event I ever attended was an ECW house show at West Liberty State University (College at the time). There were some awesome matches on that card.

Just found the card listed online:

1. The Pitbulls vs. The FBI (liked that they announced Tracey Smothers as being from "Nashville, Italy")
2. Chris Candido vs. Chris Chetti
3. Axl Rotten vs. Hollywood Nova
4. Spike Dudley vs. Wolfie D (I don't remember this match at all.)
5. Stevie Richards vs. Raven
6. The Sandman vs. Balls Mahoney
7. Tommy Dreamer/Beullah vs. Shane Douglas/Francine (Mixed Tag Match)
8. The Eliminators vs. The Dudley Boys for the ECW World Tag Team Championship

#306 User is offline   Jeff King 

• Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:49 PM

ECW's run is by far the greatest run by any promotion in pro wrestling's history. Nothing even touches it, quite frankly. Some of the best rivalries:

RVD vs. Sabu
RVD vs. Jerry Lynn
Sabu vs. Taz
Tajiri vs. Super Crazy
Tajiri and Whipwreck vs. The FBI

That's just for the in ring action. The general themes, plot lines and promos are totally groundbreaking.

Check out the promo that the Dudely Boyz and Joel Gertner unleash when they hit the ring at Heatwave '99. I've never seen anything like that in wrestling ever.

The PG product that the WWF puts out today just can't compare. It's not the fault of the talent. They just aren't allowed to do anything even remotely controversial anymore.
Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.

#307 Guest_Nickflair04_*

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:21 PM

Gertner was the best. I found a list of some of his best quotes:

Joel "Whether the ladies are home, or here in Dayton, they're watching me and masterbatin'" Gertner

"Well, well, well...welfare recipients and homeless vagabonds of Asbury Park, New Jersey."

"It is I, Joel 'I can't help it I'm hurtin' her' Gertner."

"The man who drove Beulah McGullislutty into the mat so hard she didn't know whether to urinate, defacate, or ejaculate, I present to you Buh Buh Ray Dudley."

"I am the peeled banana in your fruit bowl of love"

"Well, well, well if you got an hour, I've got the power. Joel 'You can't have your pudding if you don't eat your meat' Gertner"

"Joel 'So hot I gotta get in the sauna just to keep cool' Gertner"

"At this time we were going to show you clips of Terry Funk but we couldn't dig them up, but even if they did our stations don't encourage us to use black and white footage"

Refering to Big Dick Dudley: "Attached to the creature who last night impregnated your mother ..."

"I don't know what I'd too if I woke up in the morning and I wasn't me"

"The quintessential muffstuffer - opps, I mean studdmuffin"

"Joel 'Just like the Rubix Cube, the more you play with it, the harder it gets' Gertner"

"Joel 'Put your lipstick on my dipstick' Gertner"

"And you know, now that I've pounded the hype out of Lance Wright, I think it might be time to whip the smiles from Joey Styles"

"The quintessential studmuffin, Joel Gertner - remember that name, you'll be screaming it later"

"Joel 'Point the direction you want my erection' Gertner"

"Joel 'Harder than the tree that hit Sonny Bono' Gertner"

"Joel 'Bigger and better than the Titanic, because only 400 women went down on the Titanic' Gertner"

"Joel 'I've busted more nuts than a peanut factory' Gertner"

"And then there's me - I'm like milk; I do a body good."

"The quintessential studmuffin, the man whose wit is more tongue in cheek than a lesbian orgy, Joel 'The man whose phone number is on your girlfriend's speed-dial, because she loves the way I sixty-nine her' Gertner"

"Squeeze my lemons till the juice runs down my leg"

"I'm hotter than a 15 year old girl in a field hockey skirt"

From his Prodigy interview: "Well, well, well ... put those floppy disks away here comes the man with the biggest hard drive in professional wrestling ... Joel 'I've got more RAM than you can handle' Gertner"

"Ladies and Gentlemen the following matchup scheduled for 1 fall with a 15 minute time limit, and your referee is bald"

"And there's me, Joel 'The biggest ladykiller in Buffalo since O.J. Simpson' Gertner."

"I am the quintessential studmuffin, Joel 'Delivers more package than UPS' Gertner."

"Joel 'I'm like the middle of the litter box...I'm always surrounded by pussy' Gertner"

"Joel 'The girls like to call me Fred Flinstone because they love the way I make their beds rock' Gertner"

'I'm here in Chicago for Anarchy Rulz and some pretty young thing watches at home and drools and I know shes got the skills and I know shes got the tools to give her oral massage to my family jewels'

'Well, well, well, despite what the Florida tourism board has been feeding all of you ignorant people, it is I every females top tourist destination and the man whos crotch is truly the happiest place on earth, the man who makes Minnie Mouses panties wet and the man who just last night helped Daisy Duck fulfill her dreams as she took one for the team and I made her squeal and scream as I filled her full of cream, it is I, the bacon in her eggs, the man for whom shes begs and the face between her legs, the Quintessential and original studmuffin and a Good Lord, have mercy God damn handsome man, Joel 'I shoot out a full condom filla and it tastes like vanilla' Gertner'

'Why go to the movies when you can stay home and see me, the one the ladies call Big Daddy, the one who already slept with the Generals Daughter and the one who truly knows how to Inspect-her Gadget, I am dripping with sarcasm, as your girlfriend is dripping from orgasm, for I am the Quintessential Studmuffin and a goodness gracious, great balls of fire God damn handsome man, Joel 'Whether the ladies are home or here in Daten(sp?), they're watching me and masturbating' Gertner'

'Well, well, well, while Mark McGuire wouldn't have been satisfied with anything less than 70, I'm always happy to be stuck at 69, it is I hotter than Tobasco sauce, but loads easier to swallow, the Quintessential Studmuffin and a God damn handsome man, the man whos got more game than Parker brothers, Joel 'I'm young, I'm hung and I'm skilled wth my tongue' Gertner"

'Theres a monster in my pants and he does a naughty dance'

'The girls like to scream when I'm filling them full of cream'

'I like to make you moan as I give you my bone'

'You'll marvel at my size as I put it between your thighs'

'I like blowjobs from the North, but I love them from the South, so shut up sweetie and put my balls in your mouth'

#308 User is offline   The Lumber Company 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:29 PM

A strange fact is that one of my friends and a very good friend of CRIMHEAD was college roommates with Joel Gertner at Cornell before he dropped out to join the ECW fulltime.

He had some unbelievably hilarious stories about him as you might imagine.

#309 User is offline   hir51 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:44 PM

Just now watching RAW.

Man, Owens is pretty damned good. Great by today's standards. And wwe is playing this right. He's the perfect anti-Cena.

#310 User is offline   mvk112 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:31 PM

Kevin Owens is the best thing going right now.

#311 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:03 PM

Nice tribute to Dusty to start Raw.

#312 User is offline   mvk112 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:53 PM

They added all of the Prime Time Wrestling shows from early 1987 leading up to WrestleMania III. The buildup to Hogan-Andre using Piper's Pit, Jesse Ventura, & Bobby Heenan was great... can't imagine something like Cena-Undertaker using Jericho, Lawler, & Heyman all together to build the main event nowadays.

#313 User is offline   CRIMHEAD 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:05 AM

View PostThe Lumber Company, on 03 June 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

A strange fact is that one of my friends and a very good friend of CRIMHEAD was college roommates with Joel Gertner at Cornell before he dropped out to join the ECW fulltime.

He had some unbelievably hilarious stories about him as you might imagine.

Hahaha. I totally forgot about that. Yeah, he never was really big enough to be in the ring, but the stories were pretty funny. The dude just sounded hilarious.
CRIM

#314 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:12 PM

I had never heard of Machine Gun Kelly before Raw. I wish I still had never heard of him. Owns didn't hurt him badly or early enough.

#315 User is offline   mvk112 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:40 PM

A bunch (maybe all) of the Hulk Hogans Rock n Wrestling Cartoons have been added to the Network.

#316 Guest_defdog_*

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:41 PM

Whats this Ring of Honor wrestling? Other than them taking 20 mins & 3 commercial breaks per match, the characters are actually pretty charismatic.

#317 User is offline   Pantsless Jose Lind 

• The Ugandan Giant
  • PipPip
  • Interests:I enjoy playing second base and cocaine.

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:47 PM

One of the coolest things about Owens is his English dialect is virtually identical to Mario Lemieux's.
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?" --sisyphus -UPPMD

#318 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:05 AM

Outside of Owens, everything else on Raw sucks right now. I tape it, watch about 5 minutes of it, and delete.

Creative sucks.
``We’ve got some holes we’re looking to fill. We don’t feel like we desperately have to do anything. We’re in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.’’

#319 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:10 AM

View Postdefdog, on 18 June 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

Whats this Ring of Honor wrestling? Other than them taking 20 mins & 3 commercial breaks per match, the characters are actually pretty charismatic.

Indy promotion where several former/current WWE stars got noticed(not including New Japan)

The list includes:

CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Kevin Owens
Sami Zayn
Cesaro
Seth Rollins
Samoa Joe

and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Go on youtube and watch ROH Summer of Punk and Kevin Steen/El Generico.
``We’ve got some holes we’re looking to fill. We don’t feel like we desperately have to do anything. We’re in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.’’

#320 User is online   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:16 PM

I'm a huge fan, and I've not been bored with the product in a long time, but their storylines have gotten awfully stale, dry and flacid ... like winter's penis.

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic