• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dejan leaving the Trib Rate Topic: -----

#541 User is offline   aso513 

• Not An Alias
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:33 PM

Dejan has been fine lately, I got the site for my dad since he enjoys reading his stuff. He's very active on social media too it seems, I mean all signs show he works around the clock at it.

#542 User is offline   Martini 

• I'd Raged Have Lomo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:54 PM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 15 June 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

Good for Dejan for knowing what he is doing and seemingly having a successful site going. I respect someone that has the sack to start their own business and not do it while being an arrogant prick(at least I don't remember him being that was as he started the venture). He took a chance and it seems like he won. He saw the way the industry was trending and got ahead of it.

I've been pretty critical of him in the past and often found him arrogant and condescending, though not nearly to the level of the Smoothie King. He's passable as a writer (far more than can be said for Tammay), but nothing more, though I admittedly haven't read him since his site went up. All that said, I can also admire him for the same praise you're giving him, and I'm sure he's working his ass off for whatever success he's getting, rather than just claiming to be working hard.

Honestly, good for him.
Get it?

#543 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:18 PM

View PostMartini, on 15 June 2015 - 09:54 PM, said:

I've been pretty critical of him in the past and often found him arrogant and condescending, though not nearly to the level of the Smoothie King. He's passable as a writer (far more than can be said for Tammay), but nothing more, though I admittedly haven't read him since his site went up. All that said, I can also admire him for the same praise you're giving him, and I'm sure he's working his ass off for whatever success he's getting, rather than just claiming to be working hard.

Honestly, good for him.

Dear Dejan Kovacevic-

Enjoy Grinding.

-Tim Asshole Williams
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#544 User is online   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

View PostGideon Clarke, on 15 June 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

Dear Dejan Kovacevic-

Enjoy Grinding.

-Tim Asshole Williams

Where he can separate himself as well, other than covering all 3 teams so he has a bigger audience pool, is that he has connections he has built within the organizations. He's going to get stories from people and interviews a lot easier. The only place where Tim could possibly build a relationship is with the Marauders, where players are so far away that their interviews aren't really that coveted anyway. There's also no news scoops coming out of a minor league affiliate. His only attempt at breaking news was a complete swing and miss that ruined him emotionally for weeks.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#545 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:27 PM

Dejan just hired a full time Pirates beat reporter, Nate Barnes.

Nate actually worked for Tammay a few years ago.

Dude is killing it running his own show.
``We’ve got some holes we’re looking to fill. We don’t feel like we desperately have to do anything. We’re in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.’’

#546 User is offline   aso513 

• Not An Alias
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:38 PM

I'm a big fan of DK's site and he's crushing it. Looking forward to reading Nate's stuff.

#547 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:54 PM

Don't recall ever reading any of Barmes' stuff. If I were Dejan, I'd have tried to hire David Manel from bucsdugout.

But yeah, he runs a great site.

#548 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:39 PM

Now Dejan hired some chick who's better looking than Kristy as a "social media director."

http://dkonpittsburg...media-director/

#549 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:51 PM

View PostTrey_Beamon, on 07 July 2015 - 08:39 PM, said:

Now Dejan hired some chick who's better looking than Kristy as a "social media director."

The only real question is does she have thigh gap?
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#550 User is online   donwengert4life 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:06 PM

View PostGideon Clarke, on 07 July 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:

The only real question is does she have thigh gap?

She would after I was done with her.

BOOM!

#551 User is online   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:51 PM

Big deal. Diane Sawyer could direct social media and I could direct social media better than her and Travis Snider is better than both of us but didn't invent Twitter so who cares.

#552 User is offline   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:55 PM

That site is becoming pretty huge. The sponsors must be really paying a ton for him to have that big of a staff. Though, I do question the need for a "social media director," especially one that is so good at social media that she has 900 followers on Twitter. Then again, I'm skeptical of all people with a title that begins with "social media." I remember a meeting a couple of years ago where a "social media expert" was telling us how to gain a bigger following. I think he had 200 followers on Twitter.

#553 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:07 PM

View PostDoctorJohnnyFever, on 07 July 2015 - 09:55 PM, said:

That site is becoming pretty huge. The sponsors must be really paying a ton for him to have that big of a staff. Though, I do question the need for a "social media director," especially one that is so good at social media that she has 900 followers on Twitter. Then again, I'm skeptical of all people with a title that begins with "social media." I remember a meeting a couple of years ago where a "social media expert" was telling us how to gain a bigger following. I think he had 200 followers on Twitter.

I would admit that I was wrong about DK's site but according to MVKian theory, one can never have a change of opinion, even if new information is available.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#554 Guest_Utterly Irredeemable_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:58 AM

Meh, I don't see it...she looks like every other 22-year-old from small town WV.

This seems an odd hire to me by Dejan...he's clearly kicking ass with his site, and the content is very good if a bit too "everything is wonderful" at times, but as DJF said, this seems an unnecessary hire. Guess we'll see.

#555 User is offline   hir51 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:00 AM

View PostUtterly Irredeemable, on 08 July 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

Meh, I don't see it...she looks like every other 22-year-old from small town WV.

This seems an odd hire to me by Dejan...he's clearly kicking ass with his site, and the content is very good if a bit too "everything is wonderful" at times, but as DJF said, this seems an unnecessary hire. Guess we'll see.

He's tired of filling his Facebook and Twitter feeds with links. That will be her job. And he's probably paying her a pittance.

#556 Guest_Utterly Irredeemable_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:05 AM

View Posthir51, on 08 July 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

He's tired of filling his Facebook and Twitter feeds with links. That will be her job. And he's probably paying her a pittance.

All probably true. He's said that he's going to start covering Penn State and WVU football, so if that's the case he's going to need some bodies for fall weekends, especially since there'll be a Pirates or Pens game every Saturday also.

#557 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:43 AM

This sounds like its a part time gig for her and like you said, just populating links/stories on the major platforms. I doubt she'll actually be doing much in the realm of traditional marketing, brand promotion, SEO, etc.
"I have to admit
I thought I was shock proof"

#558 User is offline   Martini 

• I'd Raged Have Lomo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:13 AM

True, but social media is practically essential these days. He doesn't need to be spending his own time doing that menial shit, but somebody needs to do it.

And she's way hotter than Kristy.
Get it?

#559 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:16 AM

View PostMartini, on 08 July 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:

True, but social media is practically essential these days. He doesn't need to be spending his own time doing that menial shit, but somebody needs to do it.

And she's way hotter than Kristy.

Agree on all counts. If you do the cost analysis. It's much cheaper to pay her to do that shit, than it is for DK to take the time to do it. I'm pretty sure her wage rate is much lower than DK's.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#560 User is offline   cogitobsw 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:30 AM

A lot of social media coordinators will also handle simple responses to fans and commentators who reach out on Social Media. She'll probably spend a lot of her time writing tweets "from Dejan" that say innocuous shit like "Great point, thanks for commenting" to make subscribers feel like they're actually engaged in the discussion. That shit means a lot to some people.

Plus she's probably making a pittance, as noted.
"Mark it eight, Dude"

- Smokey

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic