The Official Beer Thread Long Time Overdue Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostPF82, on 15 November 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

Yes. Yes we did.

My Sunday routine usually includes filling up a growler with Head Hunter. After I eat and try something new on their beer list. 11 am you usually know where to find me.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#42 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

View Postdonwengert4life, on 15 November 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

I had a Bud Light last week.

I still drink those and Coors and the other domestic lights when I'm out with friends just getting hammered drunk looking for women.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#43 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostDale Berra, on 15 November 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

Hey beer experts:

I'm looking for a good Christmas Beer to take to a beer exchange party next week. I'm in Pittsburgh, as is the party, and I really enjoy the darker stoutd takes on holiday brews -- like Penn Brewing's St. Nikolaus Bock -- but I'm looking for something that is a little more off the beaten path, yet something I can buy by the case at a retail outlet here. I only have a week to get it.

I appreciate the advice from our resident beer experts.

Anchor's Christmas beer (Our Special Ale) is a Winter Warmer style, so darker although not a bock beer or stout. It should also be fairly easy to get by the case. A lot of the Belgians have Christmas versions too, but their case prices will probably be a bit pricy.
"I have to admit
I thought I was shock proof"

#44 User is offline   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostPF82, on 14 November 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

You can always start a Vodka thread.

"I'm drinking some Ketel One. It tastes like Vodka"

I had some Popov last night. Just like Ketel one it tastes like vodka.
You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#45 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostPF82, on 15 November 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

Anchor's Christmas beer (Our Special Ale) is a Winter Warmer style, so darker although not a bock beer or stout. It should also be fairly easy to get by the case. A lot of the Belgians have Christmas versions too, but their case prices will probably be a bit pricy.

The Fat Heads Christmas beer was really good. So is the Great Lakes Christmas Ale. I haven't seen Great Lakes yet though

#46 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostPF82, on 15 November 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

Erdinger Schneeweisse is pretty good. It's strong but doesn't seem as heavy as some other Christmas/Winter beers.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#47 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 15 November 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

The Fat Heads Christmas beer was really good. So is the Great Lakes Christmas Ale. I haven't seen Great Lakes yet though

Great Lakes is around. Saw it at the local beer store here.
"I have to admit

#48 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

I enjoy Troegs Mad Elf Ale this time of year.
``We’ve got some holes we’re looking to fill. We don’t feel like we desperately have to do anything. We’re in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.’’

#49 Guest_Nickflair04_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

I'm with hir as far as thinking beer is disgusting. I'm in love with the Woodchuck Cider "Fall" seasonal brew, though.

#50 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostNYPirate, on 15 November 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

+1

that shit is incredible

#51 User is offline   hir51 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

Just like you beer snobs, this vodka snob can pick out the different vodkas with six shots laid out in front of me.

Fuckers.

#52 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostNYPirate, on 15 November 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

I like to get one or two with a sampler pack six pack or it's nice to get if you are a part of a case exchange. We have a good one with 24 people. Each throws in $60 and one guy goes and buys a bunch of different beers and then puts the cases together with one of each. It's nice for trying all new seasonal beers, but that's always when I love one or two and wish I had all 23 others.

#53 User is offline   DanPotashtic 

• Most Important
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

One of my favorite beers is Kostritzer Schwarzbier. It's a black lager and I can drink a ton of it.

Was really into Belgians for a while, but have settled into enjoying porters and stouts as well as IPAs. I've also recently been drinking Butternuts Porkslap. It's an all malt beer and pretty good for the price. Low ABV but tasty nonetheless.

#54 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostDanPotashtic, on 15 November 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

Was really into Belgians for a while, but have settled into enjoying porters and stouts as well as IPAs. I've also recently been drinking Butternuts Porkslap. It's an all malt beer and pretty good for the price. Low ABV but tasty nonetheless.

You bought it just for the label art, didnt you?

Posted Image
"I have to admit

#55 User is offline   tobaccoroad 

• H@m@ph@be
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Jack Cust hails from my hometown!!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Acting upon the recommendation from you shitheads, I purchased a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale for a BYOB dinner with friends this evening. Hope it is everything you all seem to think it is.

Shoes

#56 Guest_defdog_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

View Posthir51, on 15 November 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

Just like you beer snobs, this vodka snob can pick out the different vodkas with six shots laid out in front of me.

Fuckers.

That one's birthday cake and that one's wedding cake!

#57 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

View Posttobaccoroad, on 15 November 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

Acting upon the recommendation from you shitheads, I purchased a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale for a BYOB dinner with friends this evening. Hope it is everything you all seem to think it is.

Shoes

I am not a Sierra Nevada fan

#58 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

I bought this set and am going to do the entire bomber of Yeti in one glass

http://www.truebeer....Set_p_1087.html

ballin.
"I have to admit

#59 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 15 November 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

I like to get one or two with a sampler pack six pack or it's nice to get if you are a part of a case exchange. We have a good one with 24 people. Each throws in $60 and one guy goes and buys a bunch of different beers and then puts the cases together with one of each. It's nice for trying all new seasonal beers, but that's always when I love one or two and wish I had all 23 others.

I havent' lived in western PA in about 10 years, but are bottle shops starting to pop up out there? Wegmans and Whole Foods have a really good selection of single bottles and for around $10 or $12 you can make a mixed 6-pack. Recently a beer distributor out here bought the small shop beside it and did the same thing. I think to get around the legalities, they sell hotdogs so there is some profit from food. these places are awesome if you want to try a shitpile of different beers. I'm pretty sure that Untappd is making me do this. I won't let people beat me when it comes to alcoholism.

Of course you could just to a state that doesn't still have fucking blue laws on the books. Whenever I'm in Jersey or Delaware, I go into a Total Wines or a Canal's. You really can't beat a liquor store that has beer, wine and alcohol under the same roof. Hell, the Total Wines in Cherry Hill is the size of a super walmart and literally has 2 aisles of nothing but individual bottles. Sometimes PA really sucks

#60 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

View Postecbenito, on 15 November 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

I havent' lived in western PA in about 10 years, but are bottle shops starting to pop up out there? Wegmans and Whole Foods have a really good selection of single bottles and for around $10 or $12 you can make a mixed 6-pack. Recently a beer distributor out here bought the small shop beside it and did the same thing. I think to get around the legalities, they sell hotdogs so there is some profit from food. these places are awesome if you want to try a shitpile of different beers. I'm pretty sure that Untappd is making me do this. I won't let people beat me when it comes to alcoholism.

Of course you could just to a state that doesn't still have fucking blue laws on the books. Whenever I'm in Jersey or Delaware, I go into a Total Wines or a Canal's. You really can't beat a liquor store that has beer, wine and alcohol under the same roof. Hell, the Total Wines in Cherry Hill is the size of a super walmart and literally has 2 aisles of nothing but individual bottles. Sometimes PA really sucks

There's a few on Carson st. That sell bottles. Carson st deli, Fat Heads, and some bars will let you do a mixed 6.

Share this topic:

• 67 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic