• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hey Tim Williams Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

In his last 8 games Clint Barmes is batting .231 with a .231 OBP and .500 OPS. Why don't you write an article about that as we know you love 8 game sample sizes so much.

Cunt.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#2 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

But he was negative about the Pirates on bucsdugout last night.

#3 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

View PostPenguin, on 15 June 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

In his last 8 games Clint Barmes is batting .231 with a .231 OBP and .500 OPS. Why don't you write an article about that as we know you love 8 game sample sizes so much.

Cunt.

that is goddam near impossible to have your batting average and your OBP be the same. Shit, Vlad Guerrero never acheived that and he'd swing at a ball that bounced 6 feet in front of the plate

#4 User is online   jestor92 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

I want to write for his site, but I'd probably get fired after my first paper gets published. It would be so truthful about the Pirates state of affairs and he wouldn't read because he sucks at running a website. When he finally realized what it was and how it speaks the truth I'd then be fired.
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!

#5 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

View Postjestor92, on 15 June 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

I want to write for his site, but I'd probably get fired after my first paper gets published. It would be so truthful about the Pirates state of affairs and he wouldn't read because he sucks at running a website. When he finally realized what it was and how it speaks the truth I'd then be fired.

Paper? That's too expensive. Right up there with electricity.

#6 Guest_defdog_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

When I'm not sloshy, I'm Tim.

I love NH.

#7 User is offline   clemente_in_right 

• Silenced Pen
  • PipPip
  • Interests:selling paper

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

View Postjestor92, on 15 June 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

I think Tim would be fine with posts that had opinions about the front office that were counter to his. He and I have sparred somewhat graciously in the comments section a couple of times. I've been blatant about how bad the offense is and about expectation levels on Pedro without any notion from Tim that he didn't like what I was doing.

I've only been censored one time and that was for a very lengthy post that I thought was well thought out, rational and very well researched (he says humbly). I expressed my thoughts about why MLB should not unilaterally retire #21 in honor of Clemente, the way #42 was for JRR. Tim had a couple of problems with it. First, people reacted angrily, apparently, and threatened to never read the site again. Second, I also examined how the media turned Clemente's story into near-mythical proportions. The most obvious being the false claim that his 3000th hit came on the final day of the season - it didn't. Since I did my homework, I cited specific cases where the national media has incorrectly asserted this falsehood as fact. Tim wasn't happy that I had mentioned other writers (and a couple of websites) by name. So, he let me know that he pulled the post. Bottom line is that he is willing to make a stance on something that will chase away readers so long as the post is core to the site's overall theme (prospects), which mine was not. And he didn't feel comfortable that I mentioned some writers by name.
In any human group, family, tribe, (or baseball team), there are norms - shared expectations of behavior. Any member who deviates from these norms calls into question the basic values of the group. And groups don't like to have their basic values questioned. It makes them nervous. - Jim Bouton in Ball Four Plus Ball Five

What about doctors who make house calls? Repairmen who know how to fix things? And ballplayers who hustle? And boxers who get carried out of the ring, instead of quitting because of stomach cramps? And what about the death penalty for scum who take a human life and snuff it out like it's so much garbage? I've seen the past, gentlemen, and it works. - William Shatner as T.J. Hooker in episode 1.1 'The Protectors'

It seems likely that removing the sense of closure from book writing will, in time, alter writer's attitudes toward their work. The pressure to achieve perfection will diminish, along with the artistic rigor that the pressure imposed. - Nicholas Carr from The Shallows

#8 User is offline   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

View Postclemente_in_right, on 15 June 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

I think Tim would be fine with posts that had opinions about the front office that were counter to his. He and I have sparred somewhat graciously in the comments section a couple of times. I've been blatant about how bad the offense is and about expectation levels on Pedro without any notion from Tim that he didn't like what I was doing.

I've only been censored one time and that was for a very lengthy post that I thought was well thought out, rational and very well researched (he says humbly). I expressed my thoughts about why MLB should not unilaterally retire #21 in honor of Clemente, the way #42 was for JRR. Tim had a couple of problems with it. First, people reacted angrily, apparently, and threatened to never read the site again. Second, I also examined how the media turned Clemente's story into near-mythical proportions. The most obvious being the false claim that his 3000th hit came on the final day of the season - it didn't. Since I did my homework, I cited specific cases where the national media has incorrectly asserted this falsehood as fact. Tim wasn't happy that I had mentioned other writers (and a couple of websites) by name. So, he let me know that he pulled the post. Bottom line is that he is willing to make a stance on something that will chase away readers so long as the post is core to the site's overall theme (prospects), which mine was not. And he didn't feel comfortable that I mentioned some writers by name.

Well, there are a few things at play here.

1. Everything you write will be scrutinized positively and negatively. For some readers, it will be the first and/or last time they read your's, (or the site's), work. That is something that every journalist/writer/blogger should understand and accept. Tim, apparently, hasn't come to grips with that.

2. It sounds like you and other people writing for Tim have the freedom to write, edit and publish your work publicly (without Tim seeing it first). If that's the case, and if Tim randomly decides that he doesn't like something that was already published, he needs to change his operation.

Instead of deleting what sounds like a reasonable op-ed piece, the professional thing to do would have been for Tim to add something like this at the end of your article.

Editor's note: clemente930u1543's opinions are his own and do not reflect the opinions of P2's staff. However, as editor-in-chief of P2, I uphold clemente930u1543's freedom to respectfully discuss important topics related to the Pirates. While the individual opinion of a P2 writer may be controversial at times, we encourage all of our readers to leave a comment or write an email whether you agree or disagree with their opinion. Thanks for reading, Tim.

3. If Tim didn't want his people citing others by name he should have made that clear to you before you even wrote your first post.

4. P2 could simply skip all of this garbage by simply submitting content to Tim and having him edit it before it goes public.

#9 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

View Postclemente_in_right, on 15 June 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

All I did to Tim was to make a snide comment to him, after he made one to me. I posted that I didn't get to his site as often as I should and I was banned. I get that its his site and his rules (not that any are codified) but I think if you are going to treat people crappy, and he does, then he shouldn't be offended or take offense, if his behavior is reciprocated.

While I agree that the Clemente story is re-told for effect at times, his number should be retired. First, he may have been one of the great human beings to ever play the game. Second, for a long, long time, he was to Latin American players what Robinson was to black players. While he didn't suffer the indignation of the masses, like Robinson, he was treated pretty harshly by fans and the press for a long time. Finally, he was a great player. His number should be retired throughout baseball.

Personal note: I was at the game (one of about only 15K) and it was not the last game of the season. The Pirates played something like four more games before the playoffs in 72.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#10 User is offline   Tim Williams 

• Steve Pearce

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hello gentlemen. But seriously, I have coondog's finger in my anus. #blessed

#11 User is offline   Tim Williams 

• Steve Pearce

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

View Postv2burghboy, on 15 June 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

Well, there are a few things at play here.

1. Everything you write will be scrutinized positively and negatively. For some readers, it will be the first and/or last time they read your's, (or the site's), work. That is something that every journalist/writer/blogger should understand and accept. Tim, apparently, hasn't come to grips with that.

2. It sounds like you and other people writing for Tim have the freedom to write, edit and publish your work publicly (without Tim seeing it first). If that's the case, and if Tim randomly decides that he doesn't like something that was already published, he needs to change his operation.

Instead of deleting what sounds like a reasonable op-ed piece, the professional thing to do would have been for Tim to add something like this at the end of your article.

Editor's note: clemente930u1543's opinions are his own and do not reflect the opinions of P2's staff. However, as editor-in-chief of P2, I uphold clemente930u1543's freedom to respectfully discuss important topics related to the Pirates. While the individual opinion of a P2 writer may be controversial at times, we encourage all of our readers to leave a comment or write an email whether you agree or disagree with their opinion. Thanks for reading, Tim.

3. If Tim didn't want his people citing others by name he should have made that clear to you before you even wrote your first post.

4. P2 could simply skip all of this garbage by simply submitting content to Tim and having him edit it before it goes public.

1. That's something I understand very well, and accept. I actually like it that people (such as a lot of members on this forum) disagree with what I have to say, to the point where they get upset, call me names, say they'll never read again, etc. You're not reaching a big enough audience if that's not happening.

In reference to the topic Randy was talking about, my stance on it was that there was nothing to be gained. It wasn't really the theme of the site. I'm not saying I disagree with what he said in the article. There was a lot that I agreed with. But Clemente is a touchy subject in Pittsburgh. He's beyond reproach. You can't compare anyone to him, and you can't say anything bad about him. It's for that reason that I didn't want the article on the site. People aren't coming to the site to read about Clemente, so all the article could have done was annoy people who don't want to hear anything bad about Clemente.

2. People on the blogs can post freely. Everything on the main site goes through me.

3. The "citing others by name" was probably a misunderstanding on my part. I was referring to a line later in the article. I didn't realize Randy was referencing the guys he cited earlier. I thought he was talking about others in the Pittsburgh media. But that was kind of a side issue. The real issue was #1. But seriously, I have coondog's finger in my anus. #blessed

#12 User is offline   Tim Williams 

• Steve Pearce

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 15 June 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

All I did to Tim was to make a snide comment to him, after he made one to me. I posted that I didn't get to his site as often as I should and I was banned. I get that its his site and his rules (not that any are codified) but I think if you are going to treat people crappy, and he does, then he shouldn't be offended or take offense, if his behavior is reciprocated.

While I agree that the Clemente story is re-told for effect at times, his number should be retired. First, he may have been one of the great human beings to ever play the game. Second, for a long, long time, he was to Latin American players what Robinson was to black players. While he didn't suffer the indignation of the masses, like Robinson, he was treated pretty harshly by fans and the press for a long time. Finally, he was a great player. His number should be retired throughout baseball.

Personal note: I was at the game (one of about only 15K) and it was not the last game of the season. The Pirates played something like four more games before the playoffs in 72.

The problem with your story is that you weren't banned. You might be having some issues with the new release of Disqus. I've had a few people say they had issues.

Do you use Internet Explorer? But seriously, I have coondog's finger in my anus. #blessed

#13 User is offline   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

Who is buccofans?

Why would you want to be a Bucco fan unless you're into feeling depressed for 20 years?

If you're a Bucco fan, do you like it rough?

#14 User is offline   Jeff King 

• Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

View Postv2burghboy, on 15 June 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Who is buccofans?

I seem to recall that was the name of Tim's site before he changed it to PiratesProspects. That's the screen name he originally registered here.
Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.

#15 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

View Postbuccofans.com, on 15 June 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

The problem with your story is that you weren't banned. You might be having some issues with the new release of Disqus. I've had a few people say they had issues.

Do you use Internet Explorer?

Well then, I apologize. Yep, tried IE as well as chrome.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#16 User is offline   Tim Williams 

• Steve Pearce

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostLonghornBuc, on 15 June 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

Its Timmay, the guy who bans people, and then comes here to tell you he didnt ban you. Except, I am banned. I am a banee.

Oh, no. You were definitely banned. But GoBucs was never banned. But seriously, I have coondog's finger in my anus. #blessed

#18 User is offline   Tim Williams 

• Steve Pearce

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 15 June 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

Well then, I apologize. Yep, tried IE as well as chrome.

What happened? Did the comment section just fail to load? That's been the problem I've heard before.

They just released a new update, so maybe it will work now. But seriously, I have coondog's finger in my anus. #blessed

#19 User is offline   Tim Williams 

• Steve Pearce

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostLonghornBuc, on 15 June 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

Fortunately, you werent ever banned from here, because some people choose to love America.

You fucking Nazi dicklicker.

Why is it that I can't recall why you were banned... But seriously, I have coondog's finger in my anus. #blessed

#20 User is offline   Tim Williams 

• Steve Pearce

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostLonghornBuc, on 15 June 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

I can. I absolutely murdered you with stats showing your position was incorrect.

I never violated your rules, nor those on OBN. However, OBN, like you, chose to ban me for what I said here.

So, eat shit and die. Your site is very nice for its target audience, I wish you good luck in your business ventures, sometimes you even write something that interests me.

But your still a mommys boy, lacking any male attributes whatsoever. But hey, sucking up to your future boss has gotten many asshats what they want in life. I think it wont work for you in this case though, because Opie will be the next guy who takes it in the butt for Nutting.

Classy. But seriously, I have coondog's finger in my anus. #blessed

#21 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

View Postbuccofans.com, on 15 June 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

Classy.

Douchey.

Share this topic:

• 119 Pages +
  • Last »