• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Gaming Thread What are you playing now? Rate Topic: -----

#321 User is offline   gahran 

• All Star
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:13 AM

The original shenmue was really fun. It had tons of problems but the attention to detail was ridiculous and I think it created some unrealistic expectations in me that no game has matched since then.

Serious answer about the final fantasy remake- I hope it turns out good.
I haven't enjoyed any of the games in the series since the 8th one and that one wasn't even a good game (summons were unavoidably necessary, too long and couldn't be skipped).
7 was the last great game in the series but I don't think it was the best either. 4 had the best balance of interesting combat and story-telling. 6 had improved story-telling but the characters often played too similar to one another. I always ended up using party members that had unique abilities that were worth using. Edwards auto-crossbow = yes. Gau's weird animal abilities = almost always no. I also loved using Umaro because his attacks were powerful enough to offset the fun complications that his berzerker rage occasionally created.

#322 User is offline   aso513 

• Not An Alias
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

View PostMa13tt0, on 16 June 2015 - 08:49 AM, said:

Looks like Shenmue 3 just got funded on Kickstarter.

http://kotaku.com/sh...arte-1711615103

I was a big fan of the original and 2nd one, I had given up on it like a decade ago. Definitely going to back it and throw up some $. Pretty amazing how fast they reached the Kickstarter goal.

#323 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:31 AM

View Postaso513, on 16 June 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

I was a big fan of the original and 2nd one, I had given up on it like a decade ago. Definitely going to back it and throw up some $. Pretty amazing how fast they reached the Kickstarter goal.

This got funded quickly. The dude who made Castlevania got his game funded super quickly and raised a couple million easily. I honestly think you'll see way more of this in the future. A big name creator who gets tired of the bullshit the corporation puts on him goes to crowd funding instead. Hideo Kajima would probably get $10 million easily if he was like "yeah I'm gone from Konami, so I'm going to crowdfund my own stealth game similar to Metal Gear Solid".
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#324 Guest_defdog_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:35 PM

Watch the PS3 E3 feed from last night. About the only good thing was the Shenmue 3 videos

#325 User is offline   gahran 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:15 PM

Upgraded my Rocksmith to 2014. I have a new song to work on. I never really listened closely to the song 25 or 6 to 4, but that song is pretty fun to play. Of course I didn't get more than about a quarter of the notes. Feels weird - I downloaded a bunch of Ratm and Foo Fighters but the songs I want to play most are the one by Chicago and the Bachsmith songs.

The software is also a hell of a lot better than the first version.

#326 Guest_defdog_*

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:35 PM

OMG. Poor guy. Rocksmith 1 was SO SLOW and BUGGY.

#327 User is offline   gahran 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:51 PM

Holy crap this works so much better when you have a decent interface and songs that you actually want to learn.

#328 User is online   jestor92 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:38 AM

Picked up The Elder Scrolls Online:Tamriel Unlimited. Wasn't expecting much, but I'm enjoying the game quite a bit right now.
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!

#329 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:49 AM

View Postjestor92, on 29 June 2015 - 12:38 AM, said:

Picked up The Elder Scrolls Online:Tamriel Unlimited. Wasn't expecting much, but I'm enjoying the game quite a bit right now.

I've heard its a subpar MMO but if you like Elder Scrolls its great. How much is it now? Still $60?

#330 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:50 AM

I've been playing Sunset Overdrive on Xbone. Its actually pretty good. Its one of those games that you can't take seriously buts the style is cool and its just a fun game in general.

#331 User is offline   gahran 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:34 AM

Calling eso a sub par mmo makes it more interesting. I love the idea of the mmo but I hate what the gaming world settled on. WoW is just a dressed up Farmville. Sucks.

#332 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:37 AM

View Postgahran, on 29 June 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

Calling eso a sub par mmo makes it more interesting. I love the idea of the mmo but I hate what the gaming world settled on. WoW is just a dressed up Farmville. Sucks.

I played WoW for about a month. Coming into it this late, I wouldn't recommend it. You find too many players that are all uppity because they've played for 10 years and have little patience for anyone new thats learning. Also it was just fucking fetch quests man. God that got boring. And I don't even know what the plot of it all was.

I do want to give ESO a shot, but not for $60 is the only thing.

#333 User is online   jestor92 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:40 AM

View PostMa13tt0, on 29 June 2015 - 08:49 AM, said:

I've heard its a subpar MMO but if you like Elder Scrolls its great. How much is it now? Still $60?

Yeah it's still $60. My friends told me it was similar to a medieval Fallout and I enjoyed Fallout quite a bit so I picked it up.
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!

#334 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:38 AM

View Postjestor92, on 29 June 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

Yeah it's still $60. My friends told me it was similar to a medieval Fallout and I enjoyed Fallout quite a bit so I picked it up.

Oh yeah its basically the same. Skyrim, Oblivion, all of those were made by Bethesda so you know they're going to be good.

Speaking of Fallout I'm thinking of freezing myself like Cartman until Fallout 4 gets here.

#335 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:40 AM

Thought this was interesting. So Peter Dinklage wasn't available to do more voice acting for the new Destiny expansion so they got Nolan North. He's done Drake from Uncharted and like every other fucking character in gaming basically. Most people assumed that Dinklage was awful and North would be way better. Well here's the comparison of the two and all you can conclude is that the lines they wrote were so awful, nobody could make them sound good. And I'll be honest. I like Dinklage's version better.

#336 Guest_defdog_*

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

Nolan North sounds like a badass black dude.

Peter Dinklage sounds like a gay version of C3P0.

#337 User is offline   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:51 AM

View Postdefdog, on 09 September 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

uh, I think you got James Harrison and Tom Brady confused there.
You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#338 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:00 AM

View Postdefdog, on 09 September 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

Being that you live in Nebraska I don't think you know what a black man sounds like. Nolan North sounds like the Gay-3PO

#339 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:26 PM

I'm pretty sure that gay C3PO is the standard flavor of C3PO.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#340 User is offline   Pantsless Jose Lind 

• The Ugandan Giant
  • PipPip
  • Interests:I enjoy playing second base and cocaine.

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:28 PM

Picked up NHL 16. No McDavid or Eichel in the game. Supposedly there will be a patch after the season starts and they're officially on the roster and can't go back to a university, so it has everything to do with the O'Bannon lawsuit that is completely ruining gaming for me. I'm extremely particular that all the rosters have to be completely correct before I'll even start playing the game.

NCAA Football was far and away my favorite franchise of all time to play and that's gone. Madden has changed it so that you can't edit a drafted player's name, so basically I can't play a season, draft the top rated DE and rename him Joey Bosa from Ohio State, etc, all due to the lawsuit. I'm not buying Madden every year just for updated rosters, when I prefer to do all the updates myself anyway. The NCAA Final Four games sucked in my opinion, I shudder to think how good a decently made college basketball game could be and we'll not find out any time soon I guess.

Thank god for the MLB the Show series. My daughter somehow managed to corrupt my file but I had built my 2014 game with all the roster updates and new players that it was still good for this season.
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?" --sisyphus -UPPMD

Share this topic:

• 23 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic