• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2016 Movie Thread The one for 2016. And movies in it. Rate Topic: -----

#321 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:39 AM

I loved Fury Road. I could watch it endlessly, and I thought it was deserving of the awards.

Heck, Hollywood liked it so much there was a significant tribute to it in Moana, which is about as far away from Fury Road content wise as you could possibly get.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#322 User is offline   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:58 AM

View Postjcharding, on 06 April 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

I loved Fury Road. I could watch it endlessly, and I thought it was deserving of the awards.

Heck, Hollywood liked it so much there was a significant tribute to it in Moana, which is about as far away from Fury Road content wise as you could possibly get.

my previously posted criticism of Mad Max

View Postoblongatta, on 19 October 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

I'm digging up the real 2015 movies thread because I saw a couple movies. I wanted to start with this one, "Mad Max driving pointlessly in the desert for 2 hours" or whatever the hell they called it.

This might be the worst movie I saw all year, a title previously held by Lucy.

Here I was annoyed at first but then I thought, maybe this isn't too bad. It is a bunch of action and the style is fairly unique. There's something to be said for the idea that the plot can be communicated entirely with action and no/minimal dialogue. You basically have to infer everything that is occurring. But then it just falls apart. It is one continual action sequence (many of which defy physics and make zero sense, but that is forgivable). The problem is, that's all it is. Hell in the end they fucking turn around. So I just watched a movie about driving in a fucking circle. I felt like I was watching the new Walking Dead series because I was thinking, this would be much better if every one of these idiots die.

One thing that's funny, is early on I thought what is up with this music? It's like a soundtrack playing over a video game. It wouldn't even be there. Not only that, it felt like the characters were acting in time with or in response to the music. Just shows how stupid I am because you find out that the damn music actually IS there. Can't get enough water to feed everyone, but you can have some guy on a stupid speaker tower play a guitar and have a sound track for your life. So fucking stupid.

You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#323 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:11 AM

See, I thought the Guitar Player was one of the most amusing thing I've seen in years.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic