• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump Presidency Thread Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   tobaccoroad 

• H@m@ph@be
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Jack Cust hails from my hometown!!

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:32 PM

View PostSloshy, on 04 June 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Fuck Donald Trump.

Heh. You posted again.

Shoes

#22 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:17 PM

View PostGrey, on 04 June 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

Woah. I didn't start the thread because I support Donald Trump. I don't. I did not vote for him. I voted for Hillary Clinton.

I started the thread because I detest Donald Trump and I want this thread to last until Christmas of this year, when it will be replaced with "Pence Presidency Thread".

Did I just say that? Maybe it IS an abortion of a thread, lol. But hey, My party isn't going anywhere with HIllary Clinton, other than backwards and losing elections to people who physically assault reporters the night before elections. I started the thread for accuracy sake, because Hillary Clinton will not ever be President of this nation, and I wanted accuracy. Feel free to fire paperwads at me in homeroom if you like!

This post is pretty much what a Donald Trump voter says in public.
IS THIS THE GAME THREAD???

#23 User is offline   thedefdog99 

• Indianapolis Indian

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:30 PM

I wish the media outlets would do some research before nitpicking on EVERY SINGLE thing Trump does.

I mean they take a photo with the Pope frowning, and so everyone reports the Pope hates Trump.
Then a few days later we find out he poses frowning with all world leaders -- including Obama's photo.

And this whole secret Russian back channel... guess what, many presidents have had them including Roosevelt and JFK.

News should have to take 12 hours before being released so it can be audited by editors and fact checkers.

#24 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:51 PM

The backchannel is indeed normal. Backchannels before inauguration are extremely problematic.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#25 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:52 PM

View Postjcharding, on 04 June 2017 - 10:51 PM, said:

The backchannel is indeed normal. Backchannels before inauguration are extremely problematic.

Back channels from the Russian embassy are even more so.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#26 User is offline   Grey 

• Bear Down Arizona
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Buccos, Steelers, Pens, PSU, University of Arizona

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:56 PM

View PostDale Berra, on 04 June 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

This post is pretty much what a Donald Trump voter says in public.

Not the ones I know of. Maybe we know different people, hehe. Trust me, I despise Donald Trump. Feel free to look up ANY AND EVERY one of my posts on the Hillary thread.
Heineken? Fuck that shit...Pabst Blue Ribbon!

#27 User is offline   Grey 

• Bear Down Arizona
  • PipPip

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:58 PM

View Postthedefdog99, on 04 June 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

I wish the media outlets would do some research before nitpicking on EVERY SINGLE thing Trump does.

I mean they take a photo with the Pope frowning, and so everyone reports the Pope hates Trump.
Then a few days later we find out he poses frowning with all world leaders -- including Obama's photo.

And this whole secret Russian back channel... guess what, many presidents have had them including Roosevelt and JFK.

News should have to take 12 hours before being released so it can be audited by editors and fact checkers.

Donald Trump was a fucking asshole long before he ran for President. Donald Trump has been a fucking asshole his entire life.

#28 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:33 AM

View Postthedefdog99, on 04 June 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

Oh shiiiiiiiit! If this is the real defogger, then the Summer of 2017 just got that much more interesting.

I started reading the post first on my tiny little phone, and thought, "Damn- this is a hell of a good post." Then I saw who wrote it, and was like, "OHH!"

#teamcatreuniontour2017

#29 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:37 AM

View Postjcharding, on 04 June 2017 - 10:51 PM, said:

Are they though? I would assume any business/political figure of any clout has multiple international contacts. Calling a relationship a "backchannel" though certainly does make it sound more sinister. I'll give you that.

All I know is that the media has been trying to coax a story out of "Russian hacking" and "backchannels" ever since the day after the election. And despite at least 5 different times in the Hillary thread where the board claimed Trump was on the verge of being impeached, it still appears they haven't actually uncovered dick.

#30 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:57 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 05 June 2017 - 03:37 AM, said:

Are they though? I would assume any business/political figure of any clout has multiple international contacts. Calling a relationship a "backchannel" though certainly does make it sound more sinister. I'll give you that.

All I know is that the media has been trying to coax a story out of "Russian hacking" and "backchannels" ever since the day after the election. And despite at least 5 different times in the Hillary thread where the board claimed Trump was on the verge of being impeached, it still appears they haven't actually uncovered dick.

They haven't even finished their first investigation. We need to get through at least two (like Hillary's emails) or half a dozen (like Benghazi) before you start making pronouncements like that. Right?
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#31 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:19 AM

Trump being trump, ensuring that his Travel Ban Exec Order has no chance before the Supreme Court (not that it had much of a chance anyway)

http://www.cnn.com/2...urts/index.html
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#32 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:24 AM

Every single foreign intelligence agency has concluded that the Russians attempted to influence the election. Trump has said it, Pence has said it. As Dick Cheney has said, this could easily be called an Act of War.

#33 User is offline   Jermaine Allensworth 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:25 AM

View Postjcharding, on 05 June 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

Trump being trump, ensuring that his Travel Ban Exec Order has no chance before the Supreme Court (not that it had much of a chance anyway)

That's just wishful thinking. With Gorsuch on there now, anything Trump and Republicans want passed is going to go through now (including the ban, though it may end up looking slightly different).

#34 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:44 AM

View PostJermaine Allensworth, on 05 June 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

That's just wishful thinking. With Gorsuch on there now, anything Trump and Republicans want passed is going to go through now (including the ban, though it may end up looking slightly different).

Not really. Every court, conservative or liberal, which has interpreted either version of the Ban has called it unconstitutional. They have done so by examining the intent behind the Ban. Which Trump just respelled out.

Moreover, very smart Supreme Court watchers have predicted that the Court will use the Trump Travel Ban to erase from history one of the Court's biggest mistakes ever, the Koramatsu case justifying Japanese internment. The Court loves to fix things it got egregiously wrong, and this decision is taught as a seminal case of how badly the Court messed up. It remains active law because the Court has never had a chance to reverse it. They do now.

Trump's Travel Ban is dead twice over. It's got maybe a 5% chance of survival.

Edit. Plus the Court is probably still pissed that Trump has attempted to destabilize federal judges. So, probably a 2% chance.

#35 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:46 AM

POPULAR

For a person who revels in conspiracy theories, you've turned a blind I to this investigation. I think you are much more of a right wing extremist than you admit to being.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

#36 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:48 AM

View PostGideon Clarke, on 05 June 2017 - 03:57 AM, said:

They haven't even finished their first investigation. We need to get through at least two (like Hillary's emails) or half a dozen (like Benghazi) before you start making pronouncements like that. Right?

They haven't even finished their first investigation and there is enough evidence to start another one.

http://nypost.com/20...-paul-manafort/
17 April 2017

Robert F. Kennedy

#37 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

View Postjcharding, on 05 June 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

So is Sean Spicer a liar, is Trump a liar, or is Trump stupid? Remember all of the above is a fair answer.

At various points, Spicer states that the executive order is not a travel ban.
17 April 2017

Robert F. Kennedy

#38 User is offline   Jermaine Allensworth 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:21 AM

View Postjcharding, on 05 June 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

Not really. Every court, conservative or liberal, which has interpreted either version of the Ban has called it unconstitutional. They have done so by examining the intent behind the Ban. Which Trump just respelled out.

Moreover, very smart Supreme Court watchers have predicted that the Court will use the Trump Travel Ban to erase from history one of the Court's biggest mistakes ever, the Koramatsu case justifying Japanese internment. The Court loves to fix things it got egregiously wrong, and this decision is taught as a seminal case of how badly the Court messed up. It remains active law because the Court has never had a chance to reverse it. They do now.

Trump's Travel Ban is dead twice over. It's got maybe a 5% chance of survival.

Edit. Plus the Court is probably still pissed that Trump has attempted to destabilize federal judges. So, probably a 2% chance.

Gorsuch was appointed by Trump, he's not going to turn his back on him 2 months later. He's a lackey with no integrity that's there to do Trump's bidding.

#39 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:31 AM

View Postjcharding, on 05 June 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

Every single foreign intelligence agency has concluded that the Russians attempted to influence the election. Trump has said it, Pence has said it. As Dick Cheney has said, this could easily be called an Act of War.

Sure. Just like every single domestic intelligence agency concluded that there were WMD in Iraq.

What you guys aren't understanding is that oftentimes in politics, the desired outcome is arrived at first, and then everyone else bends to make it a reality.

#40 User is offline   Grey 

• Bear Down Arizona
  • PipPip

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:38 AM

I had no idea this existed....http://www.trumptwitterarchive.com/

Share this topic:

• 196 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic