• You cannot reply to this topic

CIA Closing Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   dcity21 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:52 PM

POPULAR

I know i'm not one of the main cogs here and have no connection to anyone other than CIA, but I absolutely come here first for everything. I respect the opinions and takes of the people here more than most of my real life acquinatences.

I swear to God, if this place shuts down and there is no word on a new location I will hunt you fuckers down and flood your lives with mustard. I WILL bring the mustard.

Life gets busier and busier, but I could never imagine walking away from or losing this place. I know extreme circumstances pushed many away, and the place works great even with many of the old crew gone, but it would be great if more of the gang was back together.
Baseball is like our nation's government.. They are both horribly broken and unfair systems.. ZING!

#22 User is offline   Martini 

• I'd Raged Have Lomo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:43 AM

View PostSloshy, on 19 February 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

I think it would be incredibly sad if CIA were to shut down. It has survived so much. It's like the horseshoe crab of baseball message boards.

What sets it apart is frankly everything but the Pirates discussions. A whole generation of Pirates fans have now grown up in the Internet age, and there are countless places to go for the ever-meaningful debate about whether Nutting is a dickbag. Strangely, there are tens of thousands of Pjomas in the world, and they hate when people harsh their mellow. But there are also now tens of thousands of people who understand the team is hopelessly mired with a cheap owner. What once set this site apart -- truth in discussion about Pirates baseball -- is now pervasive. For every Tim Shillington, there is some 15-year old who thinks he's a crock of shit.

No, what sets this message board apart are the deep friendships and off-topic discussions. The political discussion alone is a reason to tune in. When something bad happens in the world, it's CIA we turn to for immediate feedback. It's Pavlovian.

Consider the narrative of this place. We've had a member die (/ascii RIP Greybeard /ascii). We've seen so many grow up, get married and have kids. Steelcity and Jwill became real-deal sports writers. We've seen GoBucs make fuck you cash off of Trump's love of his wife's chili. Even blurjose started a 401k.

Fifteen plus years is a long time, and though so many have left, the reality is that this place is like the fraternity we never pledged. We will always be brothers in boobery, even Bri. It may not be in the first paragraph, but CIA will be a part of all of our obituaries. Especially Maco, because his wives won't let the others be mentioned.

All that to say, why don't we give this board another chance, eh? Just like we might give any of its band of brothers a second chance. Because we're cut from the same jib, and our wives don't understand this special place we found amongst the stars.

That is so touching.
Get it?

#23 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:07 AM

View PostMartini, on 20 February 2017 - 12:43 AM, said:

That is so touching.

Also, given the source, ironic.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#24 User is offline   seanawesome 

• Master of the Powerbomb
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:52 AM

View Postdcity21, on 19 February 2017 - 10:52 PM, said:

I know i'm not one of the main cogs here and have no connection to anyone other than CIA, but I absolutely come here first for everything. I respect the opinions and takes of the people here more than most of my real life acquinatences.

I swear to God, if this place shuts down and there is no word on a new location I will hunt you fuckers down and flood your lives with mustard. I WILL bring the mustard.

Life gets busier and busier, but I could never imagine walking away from or losing this place. I know extreme circumstances pushed many away, and the place works great even with many of the old crew gone, but it would be great if more of the gang was back together.

Ideal is everything stays at changeinatmosphere.com, just new owner of the domain and new hosting account. If for whatever reason the new owner moves it to another domain, I'll redirect CIA to the new one for at least a year. So no worries about losing the bookmark.

#25 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:51 AM

View Postseanawesome, on 20 February 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

Ideal is everything stays at changeinatmosphere.com,

But how does Clint Barmes play into this? Nothing can be ideal without him.

#26 User is offline   TheToro 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:13 AM

View Postseanawesome, on 20 February 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

Ideal is everything stays at changeinatmosphere.com, just new owner of the domain and new hosting account. If for whatever reason the new owner moves it to another domain, I'll redirect CIA to the new one for at least a year. So no worries about losing the bookmark.

I'll do it if no one else wants to. I've had a few forums like this over the years. I don't post much and generally stay out of the way. If no other alternative is available I'll handle it until a more active member steps up. The tech part is generally easy. I'd hate not to have this place to read every day, especially now since I work 2nd shift and get home around 1:00am with nothing else to do. Let me know. I've been a daily lurker since MGP. I wouldn't change a thing (including hosting).

Thanks for all you've put into this place for as long as you have Sean. If I can do anything to help keep it going I'll be more than happy to.

#27 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• We'll Be Ready for that Ass
  • PipPip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:06 AM

Posted Image
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

#28 User is offline   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:03 AM

Hey guys. I'm going to start my own forum. Strictly about Lacee.

#29 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:25 AM

I used to be Admin or Global Moderator on a bunch of invisionfree forums ten years ago. I assume there's not much useful overlap between that and running CIA.

EDIT: More like fifteen years ago. Jesus Christ, time moves fast.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#30 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:28 AM

View PostGideon Clarke, on 22 February 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

Jesus Christ, time moves fast.

Well, yes, you could say it does. I mean, it feels like just a few days ago I was crucified. But then, I'm God. So I'm above this whole space-time continuum thing that troubles you mortals so. But don't worry, Gideon. You'll get there. If you play your cards right.
IS THIS THE GAME THREAD???

#31 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:14 PM

View PostDale Berra, on 22 February 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

Well, yes, you could say it does. I mean, it feels like just a few days ago I was crucified. But then, I'm God. So I'm above this whole space-time continuum thing that troubles you mortals so. But don't worry, Gideon. You'll get there. If you play your cards right.

OMG! DBN is Teddy Bruschi!!!!!

#32 User is offline   Martini 

• I'd Raged Have Lomo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

Any update on this? Asking for a friend.
Get it?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic