• You cannot reply to this topic

Where did posterX go? ask about your favorite posters Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:19 PM

View PostNCBuccofan, on 28 September 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

Thanks? So if I started here as NABuccoFan you would have believed me? I never had to prove I went to NA to anyone, so not exactly sure what I can say to you. I signed the football for the undefeated Carson team back in 93.

You did not tell me when you graduated, so this might be meaningless, but which story did you get from Dr B, Willy the winner or Wilma?

I used to golf at Green Valley and Franklin Park...and Clover Hill, but that is still there and I can google it.

Loved Green Valley, grip and rip almost every hole.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#42 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:52 PM

POPULAR

View PostUtterly Irredeemable, on 28 September 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

Fair enough. I've made my feelings known but I don't want to make your life any more difficult. I know you have your hands full. And hey, I've been wrong before.

Can't get you on the board to talk about sports or the election, but you just can't resist having a new poster to harass, huh?
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#43 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:56 PM

It's only fair to give the new guy the benefit of the doubt but the timing is questionable.

#44 Guest_Utterly Irredeemable_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:44 PM

View PostGideon Clarke, on 28 September 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

Can't get you on the board to talk about sports or the election, but you just can't resist having a new poster to harass, huh?

Seriously, fuck off.

Since this is a topic, I'll give my two cents on it. As one who's posted on this board and various predecessors for 15+ years, and as one who has gotten to know 20+ posters on a personal level, I find all of this disappointing, but it is what it is. One poster, or perhaps a couple of posters, has made it his pathetic effort to torment people just for shits and giggles, attacking them personally (and not just in things he posted, but also in things he did off the board) and essentially being the sickest of fucks. I give Sean credit for kicking him off the board (and at least some of his aliases), but there's zero question that he remains on the board as a frequent, active poster. So yeah, I've decided that I really am pretty sick of dealing with it. Moreover, his bullshit has caused a number of excellent posters to similarly depart, so the good has stopped outweighing the bad.

So yeah, are there posters that are probably legit that I don't and won't trust unless and until I have some basis to believe they are who they say they are (or more specifically aren't someone else). Is that fair? Probably not, but it is also it what it is. Some of you don't care if some or all of these posters are Sloshy, and that's great for you...but the problem I have is that other than the posters I know, I don't trust anyone on here, and that's no fun for me and probably no fun for the rest of you...hence my significant decrease in posting.

But hey, at least Dale Berra's Nose is happy. Amirite?

So "Gideon," unless Sean tells me not to, I will probably wander in from time to time and will post whatever the fuck I want to. If you don't like it, ignore me or go ride your motorcycle through the Indonesian jungles while doing pushups (by the way, I was intrigued to find that someone who's never heard of Kim Kardashian can quote Alanis Morisette lyrics...intriguing to say the least).

And speaking of Sean, thanks again for all you've done to keep this board going the last 8 years. It's sincerely appreciated.

#45 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:48 PM

POPULAR

What do I have to do with this, dumbass?
IS THIS THE GAME THREAD???

#46 User is offline   Jermaine Allensworth 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:49 PM

POPULAR

View PostUtterly Irredeemable, on 28 September 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

So yeah, are there posters that are probably legit that I don't and won't trust unless and until I have some basis to believe they are who they say they are (or more specifically aren't someone else). Is that fair? Probably not, but it is also it what it is.

And this right here is the answer as to why there's little new blood on the board. It's real fun having someone start harassing you and calling you a liar the second you start posting.

#47 Guest_Utterly Irredeemable_*

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:53 PM

View PostJermaine Allensworth, on 28 September 2016 - 07:49 PM, said:

And this right here is the answer as to why there's little new blood on the board. It's real fun having someone start harassing you and calling you a liar the second you start posting.

So how is it that Jermaine Allensworth has posted twice in the last 5 minutes and doesn't show up as an active user on the front page, anyway? In fact, Jermaine Allensworth is listed as "currently offline" at the exact time he was posting.

#48 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:55 PM

POPULAR

Where the hell is the -1 button????

#49 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:56 PM

POPULAR

View PostTrey_Beamon, on 28 September 2016 - 07:55 PM, said:

Where the hell is the -1 button????

Ed ran it off.

#50 User is offline   Jermaine Allensworth 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:56 PM

View PostUtterly Irredeemable, on 28 September 2016 - 07:53 PM, said:

So how is it that Jermaine Allensworth has posted twice in the last 5 minutes and doesn't show up as an active user on the front page, anyway? In fact, Jermaine Allensworth is listed as "currently offline" at the exact time he was posting.

Jesus dude, get a hobby. You really think I have control over something like that?

#51 Guest_Utterly Irredeemable_*

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:58 PM

View PostJermaine Allensworth, on 28 September 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

Jesus dude, get a hobby. You really think I have control over something like that?

Apparently. You're the only poster whose name I can click on that has "Last Active" listed as "Private." So yeah, I do.

#52 User is offline   Jermaine Allensworth 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:04 PM

View PostUtterly Irredeemable, on 28 September 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

Apparently. You're the only poster whose name I can click on that has "Last Active" listed as "Private." So yeah, I do.

Talk to Sean, I have nothing to do with it. I made my email private when I signed up, so I wouldn't have to deal with the BrendansDad issue. I have no idea why the Last Active shows up like that, but it shouldn't concern you regardless.

#53 User is offline   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:05 PM

I'm a real boy.

Ask mercer. Wait, he's gone. Shit.

#54 Guest_Utterly Irredeemable_*

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:06 PM

View PostJermaine Allensworth, on 28 September 2016 - 08:04 PM, said:

Talk to Sean, I have nothing to do with it. I made my email private when I signed up, so I wouldn't have to deal with the BrendansDad issue. I have no idea why the Last Active shows up like that, but it shouldn't concern you regardless.

You signed up in 2012. The BrendansDad issue hadn't happened yet. And how would you have known about it before you signed up?

#55 User is offline   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:07 PM

View PostUtterly Irredeemable, on 28 September 2016 - 08:06 PM, said:

You signed up in 2012. The BrendansDad issue hadn't happened yet.

This is true. Pretty sure the bd thing happened in 2014. Why did he do that shit anyway?

#56 User is offline   Jermaine Allensworth 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:09 PM

View PostUtterly Irredeemable, on 28 September 2016 - 08:06 PM, said:

You signed up in 2012. The BrendansDad issue hadn't happened yet. And how would you have known about it before you signed up?

I told you that I'd been lurking since the ESPN days and didn't start posting until recently.

#57 Guest_Utterly Irredeemable_*

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:12 PM

View PostJermaine Allensworth, on 28 September 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

I told you that I'd been lurking since the ESPN days and didn't start posting until recently.

You said you were worried about the BrendansDad issue when you signed up. You signed up before the issue happened. So sure, you randomly lurked on MGP and MGS for years and then on CIA for 4 years, decided to sign up in 2012 but made your email private because of an issue that happened a year LATER. But yeah, you're legit.

#58 User is offline   Jermaine Allensworth 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:14 PM

View PostUtterly Irredeemable, on 28 September 2016 - 08:12 PM, said:

You said you were worried about the BrendansDad issue when you signed up. You signed up before the issue happened. So sure, you randomly lurked on MGP and MGS for years and then on CIA for 4 years, decided to sign up in 2012 but made your email private because of an issue that happened a year LATER. But yeah, you're legit.

Sean, please just put an end to this. I'm tired of U's baseless accusations.

#59 Guest_Utterly Irredeemable_*

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:15 PM

View PostJermaine Allensworth, on 28 September 2016 - 08:14 PM, said:

Sean, please just put an end to this. I'm tired of U's baseless accusations.

You engaged me, junior. I was making a post in response to the topic at hand and you couldn't help yourself. Now you're caught in a lie and you want to call for the teacher to come bail you out. But yeah, I'm the problem with the board.

#60 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:17 PM

POPULAR

View PostUtterly Irredeemable, on 28 September 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

But hey, at least Dale Berra's Nose is happy. Amirite?

I am not even sure where this comment comes from. But no, you are wrong.

I shouldn't even be responding to you. You probably noticed that, before this thread, I had stopped responding to your direct challenges a long time ago. I just got to a place where I realized I was much happier just ignoring you. I even sought out the "Ignore" function, but couldn't find it. Funny thing was, I noticed that once you stopped getting a reaction from me, you moved on to hazing other people.

I post a little more than 3 times a day. So I don't understand all the supposed nuances about the relationship between defdog and sloshy's aliases. I did see sloshy haze another poster here once, and it was ugly. He deserved whatever backlash he got for that.

But, for the record, I never thought defdog was this board's problem child. I thought it was you. And your posts here tonight perfectly illustrate why.

That said, I would put up with you for a lifetime on this board if it meant the return of posters whose stuff I enjoyed -- Penguin, Jeff King and ecbenito just to name a few.

So no, I am not happy.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic