• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2015-16 NBA Season Thread Rate Topic: -----

#1081 User is online   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:42 PM

In fact, as recently as January Bogut said he didn't want traded and wanted to finish the season with Dallas even though he knew they were not going to re-sign him.

http://www.espn.com/...-trade-beg-stay

Where is the karma here again?

#1082 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:43 PM

View PostDoctorJohnnyFever, on 07 March 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

In fact, as recently as January Bogut said he didn't want traded and wanted to finish the season with Dallas even though he knew they were not going to re-sign him.

http://www.espn.com/...-trade-beg-stay

Where is the karma here again?

Yeah I was just going to post this quote

"I'm not silly. I've been in this league long enough. I'm an expiring contract," Bogut said Thursday, a day after expressing during an interview with Australia's Sky Sports Radio that he expected his time in Dallas to be brief. "I haven't asked for a trade, but I know in this league we're 11-24, and I was being honest. There's a chance that I get traded. That turned out into a headline that says 'Bogut wants out,' which is false, but it's just one of the things you have to deal with in this league.

"Like I said, they can obviously get some picks back and build for the future by trading some of the veteran guys, and I could be one of them. Hint and emphasis on 'could.' I'm not saying I've gone to management and asked for a trade, which I haven't. I also haven't gone to management and begged them not to trade me. I'm just waiting to see what happens."

Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#1083 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• We'll Be Ready for that Ass
  • PipPip

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

http://www.espn.com/...wants-join-cavs
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

#1084 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• PipPip

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:15 PM

Although he has a strong relationship with Sixers coach Brett Brown -- formerly Bogut's national team coach with Australia -- Bogut has expressed to Philadelphia officials that he is eager to make his way to a playoff team if possible to make up for all the time he has lost to injury this season with Dallas in what also stands as a contract year for him.

Total team player, this Bogut.

Heh.
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

#1085 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

Outside of taking joy in a guy being hurt, this is also a lot to do about a guy that was going to be the 2017 version of Timofey Mozgov. The playoff front court was always going to be Thompson/Love for 37-40 minutes a night with LeBron playing some 4.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#1086 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• PipPip

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:53 PM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 07 March 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

Outside of taking joy in a guy being hurt, this is also a lot to do about a guy that was going to be the 2017 version of Timofey Mozgov. The playoff front court was always going to be Thompson/Love for 37-40 minutes a night with LeBron playing some 4.

That really doesn't add anything to the argument, aside from trying to deflect from your earlier argument that Bogut is a team player.

#1087 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:06 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 07 March 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

That really doesn't add anything to the argument, aside from trying to deflect from your earlier argument that Bogut is a team player.

I don't recall saying anything about anyone being a team player.

He was one of many buyout players that went to contending teams, like happens every year. Generally the player doesn't force the trade because it is understood what will happen as part of the trade. The Sixers didn't want him to play for them and he likely didn't have a ton of interest in playing there. But it does seem like he wanted to stay in Dallas.

#1088 User is offline   dcity21 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:17 PM

And I seriously doubt he ever wanted traded away from GS. The karma argument would almost make more sense if he was healthy and went on to put up 20 pts a game in the finals against GS and CLE won series. "Welp, that's karma", would make a lot more sense in that scenario.

GS dumped the guy to get KD, bad juju should be on GS if it's on anyone in all of this.

Booo GS!
Baseball is like our nation's government.. They are both horribly broken and unfair systems.. ZING!

#1089 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:30 PM

View Postdcity21, on 07 March 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

And I seriously doubt he ever wanted traded away from GS. The karma argument would almost make more sense if he was healthy and went on to put up 20 pts a game in the finals against GS and CLE won series. "Welp, that's karma", would make a lot more sense in that scenario.

GS dumped the guy to get KD, bad juju should be on GS if it's on anyone in all of this.

Booo GS!

Yeah that karma argument makes way more sense

#1090 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

Don't mess with PB&J
http://www.espn.com/...ecret-addiction
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#1091 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 10:06 AM

The Suns started the youngest starting lineup in NBA history yesterday. A full year on average younger than Gonzaga's starting lineup

#1092 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• PipPip

Posted Today, 10:28 AM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 24 March 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

The Suns started the youngest starting lineup in NBA history yesterday. A full year on average younger than Gonzaga's starting lineup

I heard about this game though. They intentionally benched their top 3 scorers for no other reason than to try to secure the top pick.....or rather, secure the worst record, which would give them a whopping 1/4 chance of securing the top pick.

The NBA is just a mess.

#1093 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 10:33 AM

Winterset Resurrection, on 24 March 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

I heard about this game though. They intentionally benched their top 3 scorers for no other reason than to try to secure the top pick.....or rather, secure the worst record, which would give them a whopping 1/4 chance of securing the top pick.

The NBA is just a mess.

Devin Booker is their best player and he started. Ulis has been getting a lot of run at PG as a second year player that is really coming on. So I guess it could've been a tanking effort but it's not like they played incompetent players. I would much rather them give the young players a look than continue to run guys like Bledsoe and Knight out there. They have double incentive to keep the Lakers out of the top 3 because they get the Lakers pick if it falls outside the top 3. That is from the Steve Nash trade.

#1094 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted Today, 10:38 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 24 March 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

The NBA is just a mess.

Average NBA finals ratings for the last few years exceeds the World Series, with the only exception I think being last year. The NBA is pulling in averages in the high teens (15-20m) during this period, whereas the World Series is on average a couple million lower (12-15m).
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#1095 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 10:41 AM

jcharding, on 24 March 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

Average NBA finals ratings for the last few years exceeds the World Series, with the only exception I think being last year. The NBA is pulling in averages in the high teens (15-20m) during this period, whereas the World Series is on average a couple million lower (12-15m).

Yeah it's far from a mess popularity wise.

#1096 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• PipPip

Posted Today, 10:41 AM

View Postjcharding, on 24 March 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

You're right; people still watch it like crazy- at least in large cities where they have teams. I believe the viewership drops off pretty rapidly in rural areas compared to other sports.

That doesn't mean they don't have a lot of pretty questionable league dynamics going on that need to be addressed sooner rather than later.

#1097 User is online   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 10:44 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 24 March 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

The NBA is just a mess.

In 1983 the Penguins sent half of their team to the minor leagues, including their starting goalie because he was winning too many games, so they could secure Mario Lemieux.

#1098 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted Today, 12:28 PM

DoctorJohnnyFever, on 24 March 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

In 1983 the Penguins sent half of their team to the minor leagues, including their starting goalie because he was winning too many games, so they could secure Mario Lemieux.

The process worked.

Share this topic:

• 55 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic