Pittsburgh Pirates: Booking WWE - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 35 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Booking WWE Road To WrestleMania 31 Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Booking WWE (28 member(s) have cast votes)

How ghey is this thread?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostPantsless Jose Lind, on 24 November 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

He looked old as shit and his WCW Terminatoresque music was better but his entrance video was pretty awesome.

Didn't really make sense not to have a Randy Orton run in though. Especially in his hometown.

so some people at work who have kids that are way into wrestling were talking about this today. I haven't watched any of this stuff in probably 15 years, but I remember back in the early 90s watching Sting in WCW. unless they pulled an Issac Yankem/Kane being fake Diesel and used someone different, if it's the same Sting from back then, dude is what, mid to late 50s by now? I would assume that he'd look old and slow.

#42 User is online   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:37 AM

Just watched it. Not the whole show - just Stinger's part.

I thought it was solid, sort of a combination of a modern day WWE ending with a throwback of a WCW ending. I do think, however, it could have been done a little differently. I'd have had Sting's music hit as the ref got into the ring. I would have also had HHH with his sledgehammer and Sting with his bat. You get the nice elongated stare down, and when HHH raises his sledgehammer Sting connects with his bat to HHH's midsection. Give another swing to HHH's back to set up the easy inverted DDT. Sting throws Ziggler arm over Rollins, and then Sting forces Armstrong (who wouldn't have been attacked in my version) to make the count.

I think those little tweaks would have told the story a little bit better for a few reasons:

1. The ref, Scott Armstrong, never gets to any count, because he rolls out of the ring when Sting's music hits and watches from outside the ring. In WWE's version, he should have hit the 3 count no problem. In mine, he's never touched.

2. I think you've got to add to the nostalgia of the moment and have them each with their best friends (HHH with his sledgehammer and Sting with his bat). There is also symbolism there. HHH raises his sledgehammer high above his head to symbolize him trying to knock down another superstar. Sting's swings to HHH's midsection symbolize the deconstruction of an empire's king.

3. I really didn't like Sting's one kick and then the inverted DDT. It's just not realistic. One kick and an inverted DDT never has and should incapacitate HHH. Sting using his bat would have offered a little more realism in that situation.

4. To end it, I'd have Sting get Ziggler the win by motioning for Scott Armstrong to get back in the ring and make the count. No ref is going to say no to maniac with a bat in his hands, so Armstrong makes the count of fear and then runs for the hills immediately after.

#43 User is online   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

I'm guessing this sets up Sting/HHH at Mania, though. That's probably better than Sting/Taker, even though a lot of people would prefer the latter. Unfortunately, we may have seen the last of Taker. It's just extraordinarily difficult for him to go anymore.

#44 User is offline   mvk112 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:19 AM

View Postecbenito, on 24 November 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

so some people at work who have kids that are way into wrestling were talking about this today. I haven't watched any of this stuff in probably 15 years, but I remember back in the early 90s watching Sting in WCW. unless they pulled an Issac Yankem/Kane being fake Diesel and used someone different, if it's the same Sting from back then, dude is what, mid to late 50s by now? I would assume that he'd look old and slow.

He's 55 I think.

They wouldn't be able to do a fake Sting, they never owned the character like they did Diesel and Razor Ramon.

#45 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:36 PM

Sandow has a title, so it is all good as far as I am concerned.

#46 User is offline   hir51 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:38 PM

View Postcoolpapacole, on 24 November 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

Sandow has a title, so it is all good as far as I am concerned.

His continuous pops last night were my favorite part of the show.

#47 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:41 PM

He is awesome and has been for a long time. The fans are finally recognizing his genius.

#48 User is offline   hir51 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

View Postcoolpapacole, on 24 November 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

He is awesome and has been for a long time. The fans are finally recognizing his genius.

I've loved him for some time. I know seanawesome has always been on his bandwagon.

#49 User is online   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:02 AM

I only caught the last 10 minutes of RAW, but it ended with the fucking computer GM. I don't care if it was a crowd teaser, it pissed me off. Give me back HHH and Tits McMahon if I have to endure 2011 WWE again. Fuck that.

#50 User is offline   dcity21 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:14 PM

The sequence between trips, tits, and Vince made it seem like they will be getting back in.. Vince said something to the effect of "you guys suck, there's no way I could ver ive this to you, you failed me, BUT you will find a way to prove yourselves and fix it"..

The authority's reign was a very good thing for WWE, I don't think they as going to let it go so easily.. They garnered INSTANT legit heat for anyone they touched and that is extremely valuable.. Also, they made mention of a scenario in which the authority can only be reinstated if John Cena allows it.. Why even have that caveat!? Seems like an odd rule, usually if you're fired, you're fired.. But I don't think they are.. Hopefully the anon. GM is only one of the silly gimmicks they run until the authority weasels/dares someone into a match to get their way back into things..
Baseball is like our nation's government.. They are both horribly broken and unfair systems.. ZING!

#51 User is offline   mvk112 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:29 PM

View Postdcity21, on 25 November 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

The sequence between trips, tits, and Vince made it seem like they will be getting back in.. Vince said something to the effect of "you guys suck, there's no way I could ver ive this to you, you failed me, BUT you will find a way to prove yourselves and fix it"..

The authority's reign was a very good thing for WWE, I don't think they as going to let it go so easily.. They garnered INSTANT legit heat for anyone they touched and that is extremely valuable.. Also, they made mention of a scenario in which the authority can only be reinstated if John Cena allows it.. Why even have that caveat!? Seems like an odd rule, usually if you're fired, you're fired.. But I don't think they are.. Hopefully the anon. GM is only one of the silly gimmicks they run until the authority weasels/dares someone into a match to get their way back into things..

Probably Cena vs Triple H at TLC with Sting as guest ref

That could lead to Triple H vs Sting at Royal Rumble

Then they could do Sting vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania, if that is the plan. If not, then Triple H vs Sting could be held off until Wrestlemania I guess.

#52 User is offline   Pantsless Jose Lind 

• The Ugandan Giant
  • PipPip
  • Interests:I enjoy playing second base and cocaine.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:41 PM

A couple days late, but I liked Survivor Series.

I mentioned about a month ago that the show was unwatchable. I should really just casually watch or pay little attention from post Wrestlemania thru the end of July and again from post Summerslam to Survivor Series. The Triple H booking regime is similar to the Hogan era regime that pretty much builds the entire year with wide arcing storylines that culminate at Wrestlemania. (As opposed to the Russo/Attitude era that booked month to month for the most part) Summerslam is booked pretty solidly and everything from Survivor Series on is full gear toward Wrestlemania, but it seems like from April-July and September and October, they have nothing to do, so they don't really even try to make compelling shows.
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?" --sisyphus -UPPMD

#53 Guest_Nickflair04_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:54 AM

Just found out I'm going to TLC on the 15th. Will be my first live PPV attendance. I've been out of the loop for about a month now, though. Any good matches projected/set for the card?

#54 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostNickflair04, on 03 December 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

Just found out I'm going to TLC on the 15th. Will be my first live PPV attendance. I've been out of the loop for about a month now, though. Any good matches projected/set for the card?

My condolences. It's going to suck.

Cena/Rollins TLC
Wyatt/Ambrose TLC
Kane/Ryback chairs match
Usos/Mizdow tag titles.
``We’ve got some holes we’re looking to fill. We don’t feel like we desperately have to do anything. We’re in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.’’

#55 User is online   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:02 AM

View PostNickflair04, on 03 December 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

Looks like Dean Ambrose/Bray Wyatt is set.

I don't know what else is planned, though. There's been a lot of poorly explained turns lately, imo. Show and Henry split, but then both became heel. The Wyatts split without the only explanation being the Bray "saved" them. Then, Harper goes heel and Rowan face for some reason. Cesaro is heel for no apparent reason when the fans want him to be face. The Bella twins made up for some mysterious reason. Rusev was a part of Team Authority at Survivor Series. I have no idea why he was in that match and not Cesaro if they insist on Cesaro being heel. Natalya, after months of being frustrated with her husband's heelish tactics, became a heel, too.

I don't know -- just some odd decisions and bad planning by the WWE.

They have done the Mizdow angle well, though I think that is large part because Maz and Sandow seem to feed off of one another well. The gimmick was also Miz's idea, and those two have run with it.

#56 Guest_Nickflair04_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

View Postv2burghboy, on 03 December 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

I don't know what else is planned, though. There's been a lot of poorly explained turns lately, imo. Show and Henry split, but then both became heel. The Wyatts split without the only explanation being the Bray "saved" them. Then, Harper goes heel and Rowan face for some reason. Cesaro is heel for no apparent reason when the fans want him to be face. The Bella twins made up for some mysterious reason. Rusev was a part of Team Authority at Survivor Series. I have no idea why he was in that match and not Cesaro if they insist on Cesaro being heel. Natalya, after months of being frustrated with her husband's heelish tactics, became a heel, too.

They have done the Mizdow angle well, though I think that is large part because Maz and Sandow seem to feed off of one another well. The gimmick was also Miz's idea, and those two have run with it.

Sounds like I haven't missed much. Oh well. Friends and I were planning to take their kids to a house show in Wheeling the night before, but the cheap seats at the PPV were the same price, so we decided it would be a fun road trip if nothing else.

#57 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

View Postv2burghboy, on 03 December 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

You just know they are going to fuck up Mizdow's turn.
``We’ve got some holes we’re looking to fill. We don’t feel like we desperately have to do anything. We’re in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.’’

#58 User is offline   dcity21 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:15 PM

I don't think that's fair to say.. I don't see any success after Mizdow that could compare to his current success.. The whole gimmick is what ppl love, not the wrestler.. When a wrestler gets his rub solely off a gimmick it is almost never sustained.. And gimmicks rarely last for very long either before they get old.. Maybe V2 could imagine away to make Sandow really relevant after this but really he kind of is what he is, good depth that came into a great gimmick for a stretch..

I like the gimmick, but I don't need to see Mizdow turned to anything else cuz I just won't be interested in it..
Baseball is like our nation's government.. They are both horribly broken and unfair systems.. ZING!

#59 User is offline   dcity21 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:18 PM

And I hear that Cesaro piece, just turn him face for once.. He is top 5 in terms of in ring talent, let the universe finally show their appreciation for it..

#60 User is online   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:23 PM

View Postdcity21, on 03 December 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

I don't think that's fair to say.. I don't see any success after Mizdow that could compare to his current success.. The whole gimmick is what ppl love, not the wrestler.. When a wrestler gets his rub solely off a gimmick it is almost never sustained.. And gimmicks rarely last for very long either before they get old.. Maybe V2 could imagine away to make Sandow really relevant after this but really he kind of is what he is, good depth that came into a great gimmick for a stretch..

I like the gimmick, but I don't need to see Mizdow turned to anything else cuz I just won't be interested in it..

Mix, IMO, is well off enough on the mic to be whatever character the WWE needs when Mizdow splits, which I hope is not in the near future. They're great together.

I could see Sandow continuing the gimmick after Mizdow has its run. He can extend the stuntman gimmick by offering his services to other wrestlers for a few weeks. Then, at some point, you have a wrestler that desperately needs a tag team partner. Whoever that is, have them reluctantly say yes, they win the match and ... a new tag team is born. I could see it being The Real Americans renewal or for someone like Orton, who doesn't have many friends, to give him something different to do.

Share this topic:

• 35 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic