Pittsburgh Pirates: Another nutjob goes off... - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 351 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another nutjob goes off... The end of the world as we know it... Rate Topic: ***-- 4 Votes

#1 User is offline   parkerbatteryday 

• Old Fart
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Location:The burgeoning metropolis of North Versailles, PA....nowhere close to France

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t2

Tex....do something about this. :punch:
"The human mind is similar to a parachute. It is used best when open"
-Frank Zappa

"Zen is not easy. It takes effort to attain nothingness. And then what do you have? Bupkis."

"You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream."
-Frank Zappa

2014 - The Season of Greybeard
R.I.P. Grey........

#2 User is offline   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

That's from the Onion, right?

#3 User is offline   tobaccoroad 

• H@m@ph@be
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Jack Cust hails from my hometown!!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

View PostLonghornBuc, on 23 August 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

West Texas is as racist as any place in the country. I regularly hear lawyers and other professionals refer to Obama as a nigger and worse. I have heard numerous comments about hoping he gets assasinated. They cant even come up with cogent argurments for why they hate him. Its just blind racism. And its pretty depressing.

As much as people disliked Bush or his predecessors, I have never heard otherwise normal people talk openly and honestly that they hope our president is killed. Again, its just depressing.

You don't live in the cradle of northeast liberalism. I heard Bush should be killed fairly regularly. Not a fan of the man, just putting what you are saying into context.

Shoes

#4 User is offline   Uber Bier Mensch 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

The guy was trying to plan for the "worst case scenario" and he only went with UN troops invading? Come on, go for broke and go with Moon Aliens or perhaps an enormous Star Goat.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln

#5 Guest_defdog_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

When the Keystone pipeline is done, Texas can secede and become a Canadien province.

#6 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostLonghornBuc, on 23 August 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=W-P3x8horw4

Anyone who thinks this lunatice was misquoted only needs to listen. County Judges do very little here. They arent really judges except they have probate jurisdiction. But they are the main business administrators for the county.

Lubbock sucks. Just one more reason to hate Tx Tech.

That You tube is going viral. Hopefully it will get him burned at the stake, politically that is.

Maybe its time to blow the dust off the Alien and Sedition legislation for this guy.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#7 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostWinters in Holland, on 23 August 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

Here's one of my biggest reasons, and it has nothing to do with the color of his skin.

EDIT: Keep in mind that this graph doesn't even show the 2012 data yet, which is even worse.

We need Bill Clinton back is what I gathered there. Or the bar being below the line doesn't matter that much. Considering it always is and we're still the most powerful country in the world.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#9 Guest_defdog_*

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 23 August 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

We need Bill Clinton back is what I gathered there. Or the bar being below the line doesn't matter that much. Considering it always is and we're still the most powerful country in the world.

Obama wants the tax rates for the rich to match the Clinton years.

Problem is is the House thinks opposite.

And really, end the wars and it should regress.
It's like a billion dollars per X days.

#10 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

The problem with that graph is the first Obama year is a Bush budget.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#11 Guest_defdog_*

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Bush had 3 stimuluses.

1 I got and bought a skylight with

1 only people with kids got

1 for old people... but they had to pay it back. Pretty much a loan.

#12 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

View Postmonarch0, on 23 August 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

While that is partially true, 80% of that bar is the Stimulus passed in 2009. So it's still Obama's fault.

The entire stimulus was $840 billion. CBO has it amortized over 11 years. But even if you lump it all into 1 year your logic still fails as the numbers don't add up even for year 1. The best, simplest explanation is the current debt and recession's causes predate Obama. Hell, they may even predate Bush.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#13 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

Heck, instead of Texas sherriffs yelling about a President, perhaps they should yell about the worst and most ineffective Congress of all time.

#14 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

This thread will never end, because another nutjob just went off in front of the Empire State Building.
IS THIS THE GAME THREAD???

#15 User is offline   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

View PostDale Berra, on 24 August 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

This thread will never end, because another nutjob just went off in front of the Empire State Building.

Sounds like 7 people shot. Gunmen dead.

CNN was talking about Tony Danza running for mayor.

#16 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

View PostWinters in Holland, on 24 August 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

Sooooooooooooooooo you're now blaming this on Clinton, the one President in recent history that was able to have a positive Federal surplus?

The simplest explanation is actually that Barack Obama has done a horrible job with managing this country's finances, as evidenced by the graph.

Here's the explanation.

Clinton's willingness to tax the wealthy + a congress that was willing to fight him on spending = responsible government and surplusses.

Bush let the banks run amok and tried to fight two wars on credit = fuck.

Obama's trying to run the FDR playbook where you government-spending your way out of a recession/depression. Keep in mind though that FDR's depression lasted one hell of a long time, and economists to this day debate whether or not the FDR playbook shortened the depression, lengthened it, or didn't make much of a difference.

One good thing about FDR though was that a ton of his spending was on expanding and improving infrastructure, which is a good government investment in a recession. If Obama wants to spend his way out of this, he should invest more in infrastructure and scientific research (which has a killer ROI).
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#17 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostDoctorJohnnyFever, on 24 August 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

Because no nutjob would dare shoot at civilians once they know "Who's the Boss" of NYC!
IS THIS THE GAME THREAD???

#18 User is offline   DanPotashtic 

• Most Important
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Blaming Obama for a lot of what is wrong with the economy is like blaming the last car in a pile up for causing the accident.

#19 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

View PostDoctorJohnnyFever, on 24 August 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

Sounds like 7 people shot. Gunmen dead.

I wonder what video game he played?
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#20 Guest_u0007890_*

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

Just because it seems relevant again:

Hey, all of your political posting on a message board in a thread unrealted to politics really changed my mind on this issue and turned me around. Thanks so much for changing my mind with all your rhetoric.

-Nobody Ever

#21 User is offline   DanPotashtic 

• Most Important
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

I'll blame Clinton for allowing the repeal of Glass-Steagall. Never should've happened.

Share this topic:

• 351 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic