• 23 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Gaming Thread What are you playing now? Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_blurjose_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

Since I'm sure there are fewer gamers on this board than music fans, I don't expect this thread to take off. But I figure there are enough here to share reviews, info, previews, etc.

Just downloaded The Walking Dead (episode 1) and it's a lot of fun.

Just finished Dead Island. I was actually pleasantly surprised. My expectations were very low since I'd heard so many mixed things but I was impressed by the incessant action and the fact that it was developed by an independent company. The combat got a bit boring and repetitive, but that's my only complaint.

Also playing Mass Effect 3. Still early but I'm bored by it. I'm not an action game junky by any means and I appreciate a good narrative. But two minutes of game play followed by 5 minute cut scenes is just not working for me right now.

#2 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

Still stuck on playing NBA 2k12 and have yet to tackle the MLB game(it came in an amazon package for $70). I do plan to get the new Call of Duty when it comes out, and the new Halo in the Fall. Other than that, not much on my radar. Went about 13 months between playing my xbox and just now getting back in to it.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#3 Guest_Nickflair04_*

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

Not a hardcore gamer, but a pretty regular one. Just bought Birds of Steel. I like it so far, but have been playing it on the "simulator" difficulty setting and have yet to successfully land a plane, either on a runway or a carrier.

#4 User is online   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

#5 User is offline   Jeff King 

• Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostDoctorJohnnyFever, on 06 May 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

"It's not even so much me, as it is Roenick. He's good."
Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.

#6 Guest_defdog_*

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

Rock Band 3. Still... even 1.5 years later. Havent started the real guitar stuff yet.

On the Vita, Im still trying to beat Hot Shots Golf.

Diablo III comes out next week. Cant wait.

#7 User is offline   hir51 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

Pocket Pool. I'm HOF worthy.

#8 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

View Postdefdog, on 06 May 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

Rock Band 3. Still... even 1.5 years later. Havent started the real guitar stuff yet.

On the Vita, Im still trying to beat Hot Shots Golf.

Diablo III comes out next week. Cant wait.

I don't have a desktop that can run Diablo 3 properly anymore or I'd get it. No way I'm going to play it on my laptop, it would probably catch fire. I would love to try it out though.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#9 User is offline   maco 

• maco
  • PipPip
  • Interests:sunsets on the beach, holding hands, maternal copulators

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

clever little game called Pong

#10 User is offline   theworldstoilet 

• DTF
  • PipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

Going to go pick up Witcher 2 today. I've heard good things. Beat Mass Effect 3 and was pissed with the ending.

#11 User is offline   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

Have been playing MLB The Show lately.

Accidently deleted my RTTS two weeks ago, oops. So I've playing in Franchise mode with the Pirates.

#12 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

Who wants a piece?

Posted Image
"I have to admit
I thought I was shock proof"

#13 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

I bought Morrowind for $10 thursday night and installed a mod that updated the graphics a little bit. You can tell how old the game is from just the interface alone. But that's taken a backseat to Psychonauts which Amazon was selling the PC game code for $1.99. I liked how it defaulted to my xbox controller rather than my mouse, I think it works a lot better personally. And after that I still have Saints Row 3 to play, but I figure that that's more of a play anytime kind of game.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#14 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

Going to go pick up Witcher 2 today. I've heard good things. Beat Mass Effect 3 and was pissed with the ending.

The ending didn't bother me. It wasn't as bad as the butthurt dwellers of the internet lead me to believe but I wouldn't classify it as amazing. I'm interested to see what the DLC is going to be.

View Postmonarch0, on 07 May 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

Also, I have a Game Boy, circa 1991, that still functions in all ways except the screen has some lines through it where basically its just not lighting up on those lines. Are there people that restore these things? It basically just needs a new screen.

Yeah probably. I opened up my old Game Boy and honestly the stuff inside isn't as complex as you'd think. A couple of years ago I replaced a cracked screen on a Dell PDA I had. Just unscrew some stuff and unplug the screen basically. Oh and if you're going to play a game that allowed you to save the saved file is probably gone. The batteries on the inside die and you lose everything, again easy to replace though. I found that out when I picked up my old Pokemon game and found out everything was gone.

#15 Guest_Nickflair04_*

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

View Postmonarch0, on 07 May 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

Two questions:

I just found a couple of old computer games in some old stuff - Rebel Assault & Tie Fighter. Try to contain your jealousy. Haven't had a chance to try them, but will these work on a new computer? They're old as shit, but awesome.

Also, I have a Game Boy, circa 1991, that still functions in all ways except the screen has some lines through it where basically its just not lighting up on those lines. Are there people that restore these things? It basically just needs a new screen.

#16 Guest_Nickflair04_*

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

I still have Tie Fighter and Rebel Assault as well. Those games were awesome. I also still have X-Wing somewhere on 3.5" floppy disks.

I also still have Freedom Force and Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich. I'll have to see if those actually work on a Windows 7 PC.

#17 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

Still playing The Witcher 2. It is a great game and as a minor random bonus has some of the best video game sex scenes I have seen.

Waiting for the promised pc from my brother so I can play Diablo III. Diablo II is probably the game I sank more time in than any other. Can't wait!

#18 User is offline   engma 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

I'm usually behind about a year in playing but now my PC is too old to play even 1 yr. old games. Wanted to try and play Deus Ex 3, Starcraft 2 and ME3 but my vid card, processor...hell the entire thing just laughs at me.

#19 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

View Postengma, on 07 May 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

I'm usually behind about a year in playing but now my PC is too old to play even 1 yr. old games. Wanted to try and play Deus Ex 3, Starcraft 2 and ME3 but my vid card, processor...hell the entire thing just laughs at me.

I'll be honest, until recently I never had a great PC to play games on. Either laptop or just a mediocre desktop. But now that I spent the money to upgrade it I think it's worth it. I still prefer console games over PC games, probably because my living room is more comfortable than my computer room but I think it really pays off. You can find great deals on stuff like memory and shit and on top of that some of Steam's sales are amazing. Hell Origin had a great sale that got me Saints Row 3 and BF3 for $45 total. Its more timing, and patience but its been pretty damn great.

Also so far only a handful of people online have called me a Ni***r or a fag. Seems to be a more "mature" audience compared to Xbox live.

#20 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Best board game ever.
Posted Image
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

Share this topic:

• 23 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic