• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Steeler's Offseason Thread Rate Topic: -----

#1661 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted Today, 09:57 AM

Winter, I love you and you know that. But dude. In a game with everything on the line, I'm going Bell over any RB in the league. I think I understand your viewpoint, but Bell is a home run hitter and Lacy is a guy who starts because the team doesn't have Bell. I think some of the other guys are discounting too heavily Bell's history of missing games for suspension or injury, I'll say that, but all I know is that I wouldn't trade Bell for any other back in the league since he was drafted.

#1662 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted Today, 12:08 PM

NCBuccofan, on 18 August 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

Why wouldn't it be better to keep Bell 8 years? There is no reason to think Lacy would stay with a team for 8 years...since he did not.

Hey guys. NCBucco is here.

Of course keeping Bell for 8 years is preferable. But the dude just turned down the biggest RB contract maybe in NFL history, and still isn't in camp, so I think the chances of him signing with the Steelers long-term are diminishing. Rapidly.

#1663 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted Today, 01:34 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 18 August 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

Of course keeping Bell for 8 years is preferable. But the dude just turned down the biggest RB contract maybe in NFL history, and still isn't in camp, so I think the chances of him signing with the Steelers long-term are diminishing. Rapidly.

Hey guys, Winter is here.

So what, you created a world that had Eddie Lacy on the same team for 8 years. We do not live in that world, but we might live in the one where Bell is a Steeler for 3 more years.

Not that it matters, you cannot even decide what to argue about.

#1664 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted Today, 01:43 PM

NCBuccofan, on 18 August 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

Hey guys, Winter is here.

So what, you created a world that had Eddie Lacy on the same team for 8 years. We do not live in that world, but we might live in the one where Bell is a Steeler for 3 more years.

Not that it matters, you cannot even decide what to argue about.

No need to get mean about it. I can't help that the Packers chose to part with Lacy, but it seems like salary-wise, it would be more likely to cost control a player like that for longer term.

Since this is- or at least used to be- a sports message board, I thought the topic of one elite-level RB for shorter-term or one above average RB for longer term was an interesting one.

But like most things here, it seems like if you don't entirely agree with everyone else- or at least aren't sure yet- people get really furious.

#1665 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted Today, 02:13 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 18 August 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

No need to get mean about it. I can't help that the Packers chose to part with Lacy, but it seems like salary-wise, it would be more likely to cost control a player like that for longer term.

Since this is- or at least used to be- a sports message board, I thought the topic of one elite-level RB for shorter-term or one above average RB for longer term was an interesting one.

But like most things here, it seems like if you don't entirely agree with everyone else- or at least aren't sure yet- people get really furious.

So you are back to saying Bell is clearly much better than lacy?

If Lacy was really as good as you were claiming, how would they save money by picking him? Wouldn't he want the same contact Bell is asking for?

#1666 User is offline   donwengert4life 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 02:33 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 18 August 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

You're probably right. And that may be OK.

I love Bell and think he is the most talented RB the Steelers have ever had. But he has absorbed some significant injuries and has a lot of mileage on him between college and the NFL. I am not sure that a long career is in the cards for him.

#1667 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted Today, 03:29 PM

donwengert4life, on 18 August 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

You're probably right. And that may be OK.

I love Bell and think he is the most talented RB the Steelers have ever had. But he has absorbed some significant injuries and has a lot of mileage on him between college and the NFL. I am not sure that a long career is in the cards for him.

Yeah, I personally think any RB turning down a deal of that caliber is nuts, but I guess we will see. Assuming he does report to camp at some point here.

#1668 User is online   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 06:16 PM

I can't help that the Packers chose to part with Lacy, but it seems like salary-wise, it would be more likely to cost control a player like that for longer term.

Yes. It is easier to cost control an inferior player for a longer period of time.

Share this topic:

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic