Pittsburgh Pirates: Former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky indicted on felony charges of sex crimes against minors - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 261 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky indicted on felony charges of sex crimes against minors Rate Topic: -----

#5201 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

View Postdonwengert4life, on 25 March 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

And this is why I don't get the hate people have for McQueary. Yeah, OK, he didn't beat up Sandusky.

Sorry, reason enough for me to hate him, even if I hate him less than the others.

#5202 User is offline   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted Yesterday, 11:00 AM

On the topic of Sandusky, the catholic church and those things, did anyone read Piers Anthony as a kid? I recently did a quick google search to see the timeline of his books and think of how old I was when I read them. In doing so I found this link on the themes of pedophilia in his writing.

I didn't make this connection at the time, but damn. The excerpts from Firefly are rough. I don't think I ever read that and have no interest now.
You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#5203 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 11:30 AM

View Postsilverspring, on 25 March 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

Sorry, reason enough for me to hate him, even if I hate him less than the others.

Same here. He saw a naked man standing against a naked young boy and by his own admission, he thought it might be sexual. His reaction is that he needed to talk to his dad. McQueary barely meets the minimum standard for taking action. While may have met that minimum standard, he left a boy to be further raped. He's earned any level of hate that he gets.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#5204 User is offline   Grey 

• All Star
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Buccos, Steelers, Pens, PSU, University of Arizona

Posted Yesterday, 02:24 PM

Actually, one of the members on this board, can provide a more accurate assessment of McQueary, than anyone you will ever know.
Ann Arbor is a bitch

#5205 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 05:59 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 27 March 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

Same here. He saw a naked man standing against a naked young boy and by his own admission, he thought it might be sexual. His reaction is that he needed to talk to his dad. McQueary barely meets the minimum standard for taking action. While may have met that minimum standard, he left a boy to be further raped. He's earned any level of hate that he gets.

I'm not the most violent guy but I can't imagine not slugging the old creep.

Well, after I finished masturbating.

THEN, punches.

#5206 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted Today, 06:34 AM

oblongatta, on 27 March 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

On the topic of Sandusky, the catholic church and those things, did anyone read Piers Anthony as a kid? I recently did a quick google search to see the timeline of his books and think of how old I was when I read them. In doing so I found this link on the themes of pedophilia in his writing.

I didn't make this connection at the time, but damn. The excerpts from Firefly are rough. I don't think I ever read that and have no interest now.

That is fucked up. I read a few of the Xanth novels but don't remember any of this. They weren't really that great.

#5207 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted Today, 09:10 AM

View PostGoBucs21, on 27 March 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

Honestly, he doesn't meet my minimum standard for taking action. If you see a rape being committed, the minimum standard for taking action is to halt the rape from taking place unless doing so puts you at appreciable risk of being maimed or killed. I can give someone a pass who doesn't want to confront a knife-wielding psychopath or a 250-pound professional athlete and his entourage of massive bodyguards and off-duty cops...or whatever. Not confronting the decrepit, soulless husk of Jerry Sandusky fails to merit that same benefit of the doubt, though.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#5208 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 09:12 AM

View PostGideon Clarke, on 28 March 2017 - 09:10 AM, said:

Honestly, he doesn't meet my minimum standard for taking action. If you see a rape being committed, the minimum standard for taking action is to halt the rape from taking place unless doing so puts you at appreciable risk of being maimed or killed. I can give someone a pass who doesn't want to confront a knife-wielding psychopath or a 250-pound professional athlete and his entourage of massive bodyguards and off-duty cops...or whatever. Not confronting the decrepit, soulless husk of Jerry Sandusky fails to merit that same benefit of the doubt, though.

The only reason he took any action was to further his coaching career. McQueary may not be the most despicable person in this story but he is nonetheless despicable. I would add his father to that list.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#5209 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted Today, 11:07 AM

View Postsilverspring, on 24 March 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

Dude, what an atrocity. Abuse of children is so horrific on so many levels, they're innocent and they depend on us. Someone that can hit or sexually abuse a child is evil inside. Evil.

Talk about bringing two sides together, we should have one line of liberals and one line of conservatives and everybody gets to take a shot at pedos with baseball bats. We could actually get Hillary and Ted Cruz to high five.

Unity.

Where do the JoeBots stand?

#5210 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted Today, 11:10 AM

View PostGoBucs21, on 25 March 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Why? He let a little boy continue to be raped. He should have fucking stopped it right then and there. Then, he didn't actually report it. He went to his Dad. A grown man had to go to his Dad to get advice on seeing a boy being raped? Then his Dad went to Paterno, who went to the people (perhaps including Paterno) who covered it up before. That isn't even the legal definition of reporting it. On the long list of despicable Penn State people, McQueary is well down on the list but he is most definitely on the list.

he was promoted shortly after this incident I believe. If Paterno did not believe him, why would he promote him? If he did believe him, is that why he promoted him?

#5211 User is offline   Pantsless Jose Lind 

• The Ugandan Giant
  • PipPip
  • Interests:I enjoy playing second base and cocaine.

Posted Today, 11:16 AM

View PostGrey, on 27 March 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

Actually, one of the members on this board, can provide a more accurate assessment of McQueary, than anyone you will ever know.

Ok...continue.
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?" --sisyphus -UPPMD

Share this topic:

• 261 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic