• You cannot reply to this topic

2015-16 NBA Season Thread Rate Topic: -----

#1181 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:26 AM

View Postdonwengert4life, on 18 May 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

I would love it if LaVar ended up in Sacramento or Orlando or some bumfuck place where we don't have to read about him and his crazy father every day.

I would love that. His father is a complete asshat.

At some point, LaVar has to act like a grown man and think for himself, and make his own decisions. He's the one talented enough to get drafted, not his dad.

By the way, does a 3rd straight Warriors/Cavs Finals help or hurt the NBA?
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

"Just let everyone do whatever they want. Sports are entertainment. Stop taking them so seriously." -PSU4Lyfe

#1182 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:21 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 18 May 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

I would love that. His father is a complete asshat.

At some point, LaVar has to act like a grown man and think for himself, and make his own decisions. He's the one talented enough to get drafted, not his dad.

By the way, does a 3rd straight Warriors/Cavs Finals help or hurt the NBA?

The NBA is a star oriented league - both on an individual level and a team level - so a third straight Warriors v Cavs final is good.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#1183 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:35 PM

View Postjcharding, on 18 May 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

The NBA is a star oriented league - both on an individual level and a team level - so a third straight Warriors v Cavs final is good.

You're probably right, but it also reinforces my belief that the NBA regular season is more or less a complete waste. Most people can probably predict at least 2-3 of the Final four teams in the NBA playoffs almost annually, even without really following all that closely.

From this current group, I would've gotten Golden State, Cleveland, and San Antonio correct. Boston was the only team that surprised me.
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

"Just let everyone do whatever they want. Sports are entertainment. Stop taking them so seriously." -PSU4Lyfe

#1184 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:33 AM

I know the ratings will be high and some people are really looking forward to it, but we're now getting the 3rd straight Cavs/Warriors NBA Finals.

The NBA could literally skip the entire regular season and playoffs, and just put these 2 teams in the Finals. It would save us all a lot of time.

#1185 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

I cannot believe people rate Kobe higher than Lebron. Is Kobe even the best Laker? Is he even a top 5 Laker? Magic, Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, West...

Share this topic:

• 60 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic