• You cannot reply to this topic

2015-16 NBA Season Thread Rate Topic: -----

#1301 User is offline   donwengert4life 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted Yesterday, 08:12 PM

View PostGrey, on 22 August 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

Ice Cube's 3 on 3 league is the bomb. Freakin awesome. 4 point shots, half court, good stuff. It's better than the and-one thing because it's less hokey and you don't have that guy screming into the mic "THE PROFESSOR" all the time. Plus it's Cube, and I am a huge Ice Cube fan. I was one of the first to have "Amerikkka's Most Wanted" back in the day, and I had the shit luck to have sat next to him on a flight from L.A.X. into Pittsburgh non stop, and the guy is just awesome and NO ego and can talk about anything with you. O'Shea Jackson. He was also born on the same day as me and the same year. Similarities kinda end there, but still cool.

What did you guys talk about? That's awesome. Ice Cube rules.

#1302 User is offline   Grey 

• Bear Down Arizona
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Buccos, Steelers, Pens, PSU, University of Arizona

Posted Yesterday, 09:21 PM

View Postdonwengert4life, on 22 August 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

What did you guys talk about? That's awesome. Ice Cube rules.

Aw man, it was just super cool. Believe it or not we talked about 80's rock music, old 80's funk and R and B, then we talked NFL and Cube was super knowledgeable about not just his Raiders but the whole league. We talked about our favorite players growing up. Stuff like that. You wouldn't believe how laid back and cool that dude is, total 180 from the persona and the stage image from back in the day. We talked about his old manager some, because one of my friends rock bands were trying to get that same manager(Jerry Landers I think is the name) and he told me some stuff that would persuade anyone to NEVER get in the music business, lol. He knows a hell of a lot more about music than just hip-hop, that guy knows all kinds of genres. Cube is the man, I can honestly say he's a rarity: A successful famous star who is down to earth and not a dick in any way.
Heineken? Fuck that shit...Pabst Blue Ribbon!

#1303 User is offline   donwengert4life 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 09:58 PM

Grey, on 22 August 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

Aw man, it was just super cool. Believe it or not we talked about 80's rock music, old 80's funk and R and B, then we talked NFL and Cube was super knowledgeable about not just his Raiders but the whole league. We talked about our favorite players growing up. Stuff like that. You wouldn't believe how laid back and cool that dude is, total 180 from the persona and the stage image from back in the day. We talked about his old manager some, because one of my friends rock bands were trying to get that same manager(Jerry Landers I think is the name) and he told me some stuff that would persuade anyone to NEVER get in the music business, lol. He knows a hell of a lot more about music than just hip-hop, that guy knows all kinds of genres. Cube is the man, I can honestly say he's a rarity: A successful famous star who is down to earth and not a dick in any way.

That is fantastic. Would pay a million dollars to have that experience.

Jerry Heller? He just died recently. Don't know the details but he apparently fucked NWA hard. Dr Dre absolutely destroyed him in the song "Dre Day".

#1304 User is offline   Grey 

• Bear Down Arizona
  • PipPip

Posted Yesterday, 10:16 PM

View Postdonwengert4life, on 22 August 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

That is fantastic. Would pay a million dollars to have that experience.

Jerry Heller? He just died recently. Don't know the details but he apparently fucked NWA hard. Dr Dre absolutely destroyed him in the song "Dre Day".

Thanks, that's the guy, Jerry Heller. Yes, I read that he passed away recently. He was quite the con man.

#1305 User is offline   Grey 

• Bear Down Arizona
  • PipPip

Posted Yesterday, 10:17 PM

edit

Share this topic:

• 66 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic