• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Personal Investing Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

I have found that ETFs that track the indices beat any of the best investors every year, and you don't even have to pay all the management fees. Vanguard has two cheap ones with VOO and VOOG, that have beat neart every ace Wal Street Trader every year. Takes the guess work out of it on your larger investments and you can still dabble with some other money if you'd like.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#22 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:00 AM

View Postdonwengert4life, on 19 March 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

Fuckin' A. I will be the last one laughing.

Funny thing is, my Grandmother used to garden, and can the produce from it. She had a cellar full of canned stuff. She was really good at, too, her stuff was well-preserved. Then late one night, my Uncle came home drunk as a Lord, put some stuff on the stove to cook, then passed out. My Grandma and Uncle both escaped the resulting fire (thank God), but only with the clothes on their back. The house burned to the ground. They lost everything, including all those canned goods.

The point of my sad, but true story is shit happens, and the best-laid plans of mice and men are sometimes for naught. And if you're cooking, don't fall asleep drunk.

#23 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• We'll Be Ready for that Ass
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:22 AM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 19 March 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

I have found that ETFs that track the indices beat any of the best investors every year, and you don't even have to pay all the management fees. Vanguard has two cheap ones with VOO and VOOG, that have beat neart every ace Wal Street Trader every year. Takes the guess work out of it on your larger investments and you can still dabble with some other money if you'd like.

This is good advice. Simple, but hard to beat over the long haul. Well done.
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic