Pittsburgh Pirates: Booking WWE - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Booking WWE Road To WrestleMania 31 Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Booking WWE (28 member(s) have cast votes)

How ghey is this thread?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#721 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:49 AM

v2burghboy, on 18 June 2017 - 10:46 PM, said:

I have no idea what they see in him. He has limited, if barely noticeable, charisma. His dialogue is always crap, partly due to scripting and partly due to no understanding of timing on his part. He's the definition of generic in the ring. And he doesn't even have a look that screams "take me serious." He always looks pissed off, sure, but I don't find him to be an intimidating heel, which seems to be his gimmick that he can't pull off.

Worst of all, he's not over with the fans. At all.

I agree with this 100%. Unfortunately, Corbin feels to me like a guy nobody probably believes in except Vince McMahon, but because Vince likes him, he'll continue to get chance after chance, ala Roman Reigns.

And as Jestor said, do something about that receding hairline. Not to sound cruel- lots of guys go through it. But part of wrestling fandom is kayfabe, the suspension of belief. Seeing that every time he takes off his knit hat reminds me more of some dirtbag tough guy in a local bar than an actual WWE superstar.

#722 User is offline   Pantsless Jose Lind 

• The Ugandan Giant
  • PipPip
  • Interests:I enjoy playing second base and cocaine.

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

I'll have to post a detailed response to burghboi's list at a different time but on a quick glance, I hate that you've relegated Breezango to the jobber section. I love the Fashion Files.

Also I hope they give retro-Goldust a nice push from here til WrestleMania when I assume he retires. I'd give him a run with the IC Title (with the gold strap) and though I doubt they will since they'd be viewed as encouraging fans to view homosexuals negatively, I'd really like to see them go full bore with the 1996 androgynous Goldust. His programs with Razor Ramon and Rowdy Roddy Piper were fucking amazing.
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?" --sisyphus -UPPMD

#723 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:34 PM

Hey guys, trying to learn all the wrestling lingo.

What does the term "strap" actually mean? Is it a gimmick that a wrestler is stuck with, even if it's no longer helpful to him?

#724 User is online   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:45 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 19 June 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

Hey guys, trying to learn all the wrestling lingo.

What does the term "strap" actually mean? Is it a gimmick that a wrestler is stuck with, even if it's no longer helpful to him?

A championship belt

#725 User is offline   Pantsless Jose Lind 

• The Ugandan Giant
  • PipPip

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:56 PM

View Postv2burghboy, on 19 June 2017 - 09:45 PM, said:

A championship belt

Correct. Goldust had a gold Intercontinental Title in his heyday.

http://www.wrestling...23486/23486.jpg
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?" --sisyphus -UPPMD

#726 User is online   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:00 PM

Big Cass can go on the mic. He's finally free from the one-line catchphrase that everyone thought he was limited to, to protect him from having to do more.

#727 User is online   dcity21 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:17 PM

v2burghboy, on 19 June 2017 - 11:00 PM, said:

Big Cass can go on the mic. He's finally free from the one-line catchphrase that everyone thought he was limited to, to protect him from having to do more.

Yeah, he did fine tonight, but I don't see him being any more interesting than a guy like Corbin (I agree with above, he is freaking trash) or Luke Harper (who never gets the credit he deserves) So, I hated seeing tonight because.i don't like the potential of either in solo competition.

Also, fuck Roman Reigns. I literally can barely leave the channel on during his promos, he just flat sucks and his matches are hardly tolerable despite him being decent in the ring because we get jammed down our throats that he is "unbeatable". At least when it was Cena I could buy it because he was physically impressive and lifted everyone and anyone into the AA. Reigns jumps across the ring like a little fairy for his finishing move and we are supposed to buy that he is so strong that he can't kick out of anything? Come on....

Rollins and Balor on the other hand I can't take my eyes off of. To me they have "it", Balor especially. His entrance and ring presence are totally legit and that's without the demon.
Baseball is like our nation's government.. They are both horribly broken and unfair systems.. ZING!

#728 User is online   jestor92 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:59 AM

As much as Enzo and Cass were over when they debuted I'm surprised they never won Tag Team Gold. Enzo's entrances were fun when they first debuted were fun, but they got old quick. Reminded me of a poor man's Road Dogg. The only difference is the Road Dogg was able to work. Cass I don't have any thoughts about really other then he's below average on the mic and he doesn't really do much in the ring. Vince does love his 7 footers though so he'll probably be pushed to the moon and in the main event picture by this time next year if he gets moved to Smackdown.
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!

#729 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:06 AM

I agree with all of these comments.

Should've had Enzo and Cass win and hold tag team belts before ever considering sending Big Cass solo. Not only does that just drop him into a murky Main Event picture with poor writing and direction, but it basically makes Enzo useless, unless they're willing to drop that little twerp down to Cruiserweight.

#730 User is online   jestor92 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:35 AM

I hate Enzo by the way. I do feel he would make an amazing heel manager.
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!

#731 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

jestor92, on 20 June 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

I hate Enzo by the way. I do feel he would make an amazing heel manager.

Yes. Completely agree there.

He just seems so undersized that anything outside of joining the Cruiserweights seems completely unbelievable to me.

#732 User is offline   Pantsless Jose Lind 

• The Ugandan Giant
  • PipPip

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:34 PM

Winterset Resurrection, on 20 June 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

Yes. Completely agree there.

He just seems so undersized that anything outside of joining the Cruiserweights seems completely unbelievable to me.

I think thats a strong possibility after his program with Cass finishes. Nobody watches 205 Live, and they have nothing of note opposite Neville.

#733 User is online   v2burghboy 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 07:11 PM

Strowman throwing Reigns into the ambulance was pretty cool. Expect Reigns to get a little vengeance tonight.

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic