• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hillary Clinton for President Rate Topic: -----

#11661 User is offline   Bustanutting 

• JohnJLambo
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 20 March 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

Could be in terms of the end state but as a process, no. There was never enough evidence for the birther scam to warrant an FBI investigation. While we need to know if Trump was colluding with the Russians, we must also figure out why the Russians were pimping Trump. Even if there was no active collusion, we need to know why a Putin government felt better with Trump in charge.

Why would we need to know that? One candidate was a huge internationalist, a known Putin detractor, a strong NATO supporter, and a proven Warhawk. The other candidate was Donald Trump.

Why wouldn't any of our adversaries (I won't use the word enemy) prefer the latter?

#11662 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

View Postjcharding, on 17 March 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

Kids already are hungry. For many the only time they eat is at school. If what you are saying is true then they would be eating more an once a day. Because some combination of government, charity or individuals would help provide those other meals.

I believe they also get breakfast.

I agree with BustaNutting, states should take more responsibility. Have programs at the National level is not always the best way, but govt will have all these committees and oversight anyways, so nothing can really be efficient.

#11663 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

View PostBustanutting, on 20 March 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

Why would we need to know that? One candidate was a huge internationalist, a known Putin detractor, a strong NATO supporter, and a proven Warhawk. The other candidate was Donald Trump.

Why wouldn't any of our adversaries (I won't use the word enemy) prefer the latter?

If that's where it ends, fine but I don't believe that is all there is. Manafort, Flynn, Trump kids, and Trump himself have long ties to Russia. American should know what the story is. If it's nothing more than what you wrote, fine but I'm not convinced that's all it was.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#11664 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

View Postjcharding, on 20 March 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

And we need to know what the Russians did so that we can counter it in the future.

And that.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

#11665 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

View PostNCBuccofan, on 20 March 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

I agree with BustaNutting, states should take more responsibility. Have programs at the National level is not always the best way, but govt will have all these committees and oversight anyways, so nothing can really be efficient.

The political reality is that it won't happen at the state level. Republicans at the state level will fight it as onerous taxation and big government (albeit at the state level) intrusion in our lives. The ultimate destination of conservatism is anarchy.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#11666 User is offline   ECBucs 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

View PostNCBuccofan, on 20 March 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

the
Federal programs would not have been established if the states were already addessing these issues. I don't see any state government saying for Feds to drop these programs and let us handle it.

#11667 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

View PostECBucs, on 20 March 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

the
Federal programs would not have been established if the states were already addessing these issues. I don't see any state government saying for Feds to drop these programs and let us handle it.

Exactly. Federal programs are a result of failures in the market or lower levels of government. Take it back to the Civil War. That war was the result of the several states failing to address basic human rights.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#11668 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

Arizona drug tested 86,000 welfare recipients. One tested positive.

The testing cost $3.6M. What a complete joke.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#11669 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:03 PM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 20 March 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

Arizona drug tested 86,000 welfare recipients. One tested positive.

The testing cost $3.6M. What a complete joke.

If we use the Meals on Wheels or School lunch metrics, that program should be killed.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#11670 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

Three predictions based on Comey and the news that Trump lied about being "wiretapped".

1. He will have one of his Bund rallies.
2. There will be another wikileak story that either helps Trump directly or deflects the news from him.
3. A tweet storm making up fake news from President Tweet.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#11671 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

Ladies and gentlemen President Tweet:

President Trump @POTUS
FBI Director Comey refuses to deny he briefed President Obama on calls made by Michael Flynn to Russia.

Lack of denials are admissions of guilt in Trumpdom. Bastardization of the country and the language.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#11672 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:05 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 20 March 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

Ladies and gentlemen President Tweet:

Lack of denials are admissions of guilt in Trumpdom. Bastardization of the country and the language.

He's definitely pulling a Nixon and firing Comey
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#11673 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:43 PM

So in all likelihood, Trump wants to defund PBS because Sesame Street mocked Trump years ago.
https://www.washingt...m=.39c46c8a67b4

This mirrors Trump's Hamilton criticism, which likely wasn't based on the Pence incident but rather Lin Manuel Miranda mocking Trump on SNL.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#11674 User is offline   ECBucs 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:52 PM

saw the first few minutes of Hannity tonight.

He is up in arms over the leak of Flynn's name. So far that is the only felony that has been identified. Somebody needs to go to jail for this (showed clip of Rand Paul saying this).

Still no mention that Trump tweets and says things that are lies. Anyone notice that Sean Spicer did not have a flag lapel pin on today?

#11675 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• We'll Be Ready for that Ass
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:35 AM

View PostGoBucs21, on 20 March 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

This is similar to LHB's distractions with the media references. It has nothing to do with the point at hand.

What Democrats said or didn't say has nothing to do with how Trump is expanding the process you say that you hate. It's all distraction to change the subject from the failure of your boy. Try to stay on topic.

Of course it does. When you guys have been flipping out over the past 3 months about the same issues you've been letting go for the past 8 years, it shows that there's no objective consistency to your arguments. You are bound by party more than logic.

But again, we're currently on page 584 of "Hillary Clinton for President", so clearly a handful of people in this thread have trouble letting go :)
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

#11676 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• PipPip

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:36 AM

View PostECBucs, on 20 March 2017 - 09:52 PM, said:

Anyone notice that Sean Spicer did not have a flag lapel pin on today?

Scandalous!
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

#11677 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• PipPip

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:38 AM

View Postjcharding, on 20 March 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

So in all likelihood, Trump wants to defund PBS because Sesame Street mocked Trump years ago.
https://www.washingt...m=.39c46c8a67b4

This mirrors Trump's Hamilton criticism, which likely wasn't based on the Pence incident but rather Lin Manuel Miranda mocking Trump on SNL.

That sucks, and it's unfortunately quite common with politicians. At the state level, having interacted with a number of prominent Republicans who want to destroy public education, you never receive a well-reasoned response, i.e. "I've been examining this data for years and visiting schools for years, and my conclusions show..."

It's almost always because a politician has had one personal, negative experience with schools, either when he was in school, his kid was in school, etc., so their solution is to assume ALL schools are like that, and to wreak vengeance.

#11678 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:42 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 20 March 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

Okay...but keep in mind that you just got done criticizing Trump for not wanting to take care of the defenseless in our society, and then you turn around and say that you're all about this. This usually ends up being one of the biggest liberal contradictions out there.

I think there's quite a vast difference between someone in great pain wanting to end their life, and the defenseless, who want to live. Since the defenseless want to live, it seems reasonable to me that we as a society help them. Just as those who wish to die because of incurable illness also receive qualified help.

#11679 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:49 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 20 March 2017 - 05:25 AM, said:

Okay Midnight, but one of the reasons that we have issues here is that you guys assume your opinions of Obama and Trump are fact, whereas my opinions of the two are simply opinions.

When in reality, they are ALL opinions, but from different perspectives.

Maybe so, but meanwhile, the opinion of the rest of the country shows Trumps approval rate is dropping like a rock. And at 37% approval, he's hit an all-time low for a POTUS after 60 days.

http://www.businessi...-new-low-2017-3

#11680 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:52 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 21 March 2017 - 05:35 AM, said:

Of course it does. When you guys have been flipping out over the past 3 months about the same issues you've been letting go for the past 8 years, it shows that there's no objective consistency to your arguments. You are bound by party more than logic.

But again, we're currently on page 584 of "Hillary Clinton for President", so clearly a handful of people in this thread have trouble letting go :)/>

One distraction after another. Sadly you are bound to an idiot of a president than everything else.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

Share this topic:

• 595 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic