• You cannot reply to this topic

Hillary Clinton for President Rate Topic: -----

#11561 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

View PostECBucs, on 17 March 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Some 40 or so years ago my wife and I decided I would go to college and that we would work and pay as we go. WE did not ask for any welfare programs and we made it the old fashion way, we earned it.

I'm not even black or on welfare but fuck that guy. In 1970 tuition at a 4 year public school was $358. Now it's close to $6700

For reference $358 in 1970 is equivalent to $2247 today. So you know, a bout a third the price.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#11562 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 17 March 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

Right like cutting school lunch programs or meals on wheels to cut the budget deficit.

Read "The Big Short", you will read countless stories of people who were paying more than $3K a month, making a tenth of the should have been making to qualify for a mortgage of that size.

Well, I really think they are dumb because you could just bring your own cup to the gas station and use their water. Kinda like how other countries use our military for protection. Now we are supposed to get involved with Lithuania to prevent whatever Russia is doing next.

But I agree, people are stupid and so is cutting programs like this with no thoughts on replacement. I am more concerned with replacing these than healthcare.

#11563 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:17 PM

View PostMa13tt0, on 17 March 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

I'm not even black or on welfare but fuck that guy. In 1970 tuition at a 4 year public school was $358. Now it's close to $6700

For reference $358 in 1970 is equivalent to $2247 today. So you know, a bout a third the price.

Per year? I need to find those colleges, all the ones my daughter has looked at are closer to $20k.

The "back in my day" stories are usually full of bullshit.

#11564 User is offline   Bustanutting 

• JohnJLambo

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:40 PM

View PostECBucs, on 17 March 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Alabama
could support hungry kids but its state government will not do so.

Anyone or any state government who says that is bluffing. If a state won't do it, a county will, if a county won't do it a town or school district will. if a school district or local township or lowest level of school govt won't, private companies will. If private companies won't, individual people running gofundme's will.

Kids will not be hungry. There are ample resources available. organizations, government levels. etc..

#11565 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

View PostNCBuccofan, on 17 March 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

Per year? I need to find those colleges, all the ones my daughter has looked at are closer to $20k.

Thats average, so smaller schools instate tuition will bring it down. When I started college tuition at Indiana University-Bloomington was $20,000 per year, Minnesota-Twin Cities was about $10,000 and Wisconsin-Eau Claire was about $6,000-8,000. I can't remember because tuition went up by the time I graduated. Michigan-Ann Arbor I've heard is like $30,000 per year.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#11566 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

View PostBustanutting, on 17 March 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

Anyone or any state government who says that is bluffing. If a state won't do it, a county will, if a county won't do it a town or school district will.

Their further down that chain you go, the less ability and willingness there will be to raise taxes.

I Democratic areas, like cities, yes it will happen. In a state and county where I am, it will not happen. The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#11567 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:45 PM

View PostNCBuccofan, on 17 March 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

My parent paid about $4K per year for tuition from 1980-84.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

#11568 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

View Postjcharding, on 17 March 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

I don't have a problem with it generally, as sometimes you are going to miss or get unexpected casualties or accidents.

Trump, however, due to his rhetorical track record, would probably intentionally do it. And there is a big difference between accidentally picking up unintended deaths vs intentionally blowing up mosques because the users are brown or of a religion not yours.

Please. Give me a break. So without having any actual evidence to support your claim, you're basically saying it was forgivable when Obama did it, because it was "by accident", but it's clearly far more deplorable here, because Trump is intentionally targeting innocent civilians?

A little objectivity would be nice. These actions are deplorable. But where was all the outrage when they were happening over the last 8 years?

I'll answer that for you. A President that you liked was responsible for them, so you fancy boys simply looked the other way.
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

"Just let everyone do whatever they want. Sports are entertainment. Stop taking them so seriously." -PSU4Lyfe

#11569 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 17 March 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

Remember that this is the same administration that had to apologize to perhaps our closest ally today. Trump, through Spicer accused the Brits of spying on him for Obama.

We are a fucking laughingstock. Trump confuses fear with respect. He has no idea that no one fears him or us and he can't tell the difference the world mocking us and respecting us.

It's the fucking Kardashian Presidency.

I just finished watching Trump and Merkel taking a couple of questions from the German and US press. It was one of the few times in my life that I've been embarrassed by my country. Trump instisted he's not an isolationist - while demonstrating he has no idea what the word isolationist means.

#11570 User is offline   ECBucs 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:04 PM

Anyone or any state government who says that is bluffing. If a state won't do it, a county will, if a county won't do it a town or school district will. if a school district or local township or lowest level of school govt won't, private companies will. If private companies won't, individual people running gofundme's will.

Kids will not be hungry. There are ample resources available. organizations, government levels. etc..

No
way that will happen in Alabama. The budget was only balanced last year because of money from Gulf Oil spill disaster.

We are not keeping up with medicaid now.

The state education budget has not returned to its 2008 level.

My county failed to pass a road tax last year.

Alabama prisons are filled to about 180% capacity. We now have people filling cubicle positions in jails (they are locked in cubicles to watch prisoners and trained for 30 days rather than longer period for guards).
A bill to authorize bonds for $800 million to replace current prisons failed last year. A modified proposal to renovate for $325 million is under discussion now.

With Trump as president and Sessions as attorney general there is a good chance the prison system will not be taken over by Feds.

#11571 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

View PostMidnight Moose, on 17 March 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

I just finished watching Trump and Merkel taking a couple of questions from the German and US press. It was one of the few times in my life that I've been embarrassed by my country. Trump instisted he's not an isolationist - while demonstrating he has no idea what the word isolationist means.

I've been embarrassed since election day.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#11572 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

View PostBustanutting, on 17 March 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

I need/want some clarification on who isn't feeding needy kids? Who is and who isn't feeding them?

I've seen parents that spend every spare dime they can scare up on meth, crack, and/or other drugs. They ave no interest in feeding themselves, let alone their kids. Hell, they'd happily pimp their kids out for drug money, given half a chance. Don't shit yourself, there are some truly terrible parents out there. I used to work in home for emotionally disturbed and neglected children, that were court-ordered to be there. I've heard some real horror stories. People that had no business trying to raise kids.

#11573 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

Sounds like Libertarian bullshit to me. Don't tell me you're one of those Aleppo Marx voters.

#11574 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:24 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 17 March 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

Please. Give me a break. So without having any actual evidence to support your claim, you're basically saying it was forgivable when Obama did it, because it was "by accident", but it's clearly far more deplorable here, because Trump is intentionally targeting innocent civilians?

A little objectivity would be nice. These actions are deplorable. But where was all the outrage when they were happening over the last 8 years?

I'll answer that for you. A President that you liked was responsible for them, so you fancy boys simply looked the other way.

I am being objective, you aren't. And the people being bombed are going to have exactly th same reaction that I just described. They will KNOW that Trump is blowing up mosques simply because they aren't western christians. Because that is what trump has been screaming from rooftops for years.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#11575 User is offline   Bustanutting 

• JohnJLambo

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

View PostMidnight Moose, on 17 March 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

Sounds like Libertarian bullshit to me. Don't tell me you're one of those Aleppo Marx voters.

You're not understanding what I'm writing. It's probably my fault.

There are many levels of government and I don't believe that kids will be hungry if the Federal government doesn't pay for their school lunches. I believe in food subsidies and school lunches are vitally important, but don't agree that it absolutely must be be done at the Federal level. The state level would be ideal in my opinion.

If the state of Alabama, for example, isn't able to handle something easy like school lunch subsidy budgeting, then they can have all federal funding withheld until they figure it out. Or secede. That's works too.

Let the Alabama's and Mississippi's pay their own way. They will learn quickly. 30% of the state of Alabama's economic activity is Federal Expenditures. The subsidies to the deep south by the taxpaying states of America is propping up fake-low state and local tax rates in those cesspools.

Cut them off the teet of Washington D.C. and let them swim on their own. See how quickly the state and local governments get their acts together, raise revenue and address those issues on it's own

#11576 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

Kids already are hungry. For many the only time they eat is at school. If what you are saying is true then they would be eating more an once a day. Because some combination of government, charity or individuals would help provide those other meals.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#11577 User is online   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:03 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 17 March 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

Do you mean like the Trump "wiretapping" accusation that you've bought into, when he has provided no evidence.

There is a big difference in doing it on purpose and doing it unintentionally. If you don't understand that then you are either deliberately ignorant or horribly uninformed.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#11578 User is offline   ECBucs 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

View Postjcharding, on 17 March 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

Kids already are hungry. For many the only time they eat is at school. If what you are saying is true then they would be eating more an once a day. Because some combination of government, charity or individuals would help provide those other meals.

we
have kids that eat their free food on the bus on way home so that their parents don't eat it all.

#11579 User is offline   Bustanutting 

• JohnJLambo

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

View Postjcharding, on 17 March 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

Where? Where are they eating once a day? Parents refusing to feed their children is a criminal issue a worst. At best, a child services issue.

And even if the school lunch is the only time they're eating (for the sake of discussion), why would the state of Michigan providing the school lunch subsidy make the kids hungrier than Washington DC providing it?

#11580 User is offline   Bustanutting 

• JohnJLambo

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

View PostECBucs, on 17 March 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

we
have kids that eat their free food on the bus on way home so that their parents don't eat it all.

Are you contacting child services?

Share this topic:

• 642 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic