• You cannot reply to this topic

Hillary Clinton for President Rate Topic: -----

#12121 User is offline   Grey 

• All Star
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Buccos, Steelers, Pens, PSU, University of Arizona

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

"O'Reilly's victims need to prove they were once alive, in order to prove he harassed them"

_-A. Jones-
Insult a Joebot, today. It's for the good of society.

#12122 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:52 PM

In more positive news, I'm happy we've finally found our missing aircraft carrier, and all its support ships.

#12123 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

View PostMidnight Moose, on 20 April 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

In more positive news, I'm happy we've finally found our missing aircraft carrier, and all its support ships.

You mean the one Trump told the world was steaming to the Korean Peninsula, when in fact it was on it's way to Indonesia. It's good to have a CINC who knows what's happening with the forces in his command.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#12124 User is offline   Midnight Moose 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 20 April 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

You mean the one Trump told the world was steaming to the Korean Peninsula, when in fact it was on it's way to Indonesia. It's good to have a CINC who knows what's happening with the forces in his command.

If it was just Trump, it'd be one thing. But pretty much the whole White House lied about the whereabouts of the Carl Vinson strike force. Including Defense Secretary Mattis, who is supposed to be the "adult in the room", and a guy you'd think would know better than to mislead not only the American people, but our allies in the region, to boot. As if things weren't bad enough, now our Pacific allies don't trust what our government says. For good reason.

#12125 User is offline   ECBucs 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

View PostMidnight Moose, on 20 April 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

If it was just Trump, it'd be one thing. But pretty much the whole White House lied about the whereabouts of the Carl Vinson strike force. Including Defense Secretary Mattis, who is supposed to be the "adult in the room", and a guy you'd think would know better than to mislead not only the American people, but our allies in the region, to boot. As if things weren't bad enough, now our Pacific allies don't trust what our government says. For good reason.

I
bet China knew where it was the entire time.

#12126 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:24 PM

View PostMidnight Moose, on 20 April 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

There is no doubt that Trump is a national embarrassment. It's a shame he's taking really good people down with him. I know LTG McMaster a little bit. He is truly one of the smartest guys that I've ever met. I would hope he is giving Trump the same honest analysis that he's provided throughout his military career. I hope Trump isn't pushing him off to the side. Especially, for the likes of Jared Kushner.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

#12127 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:56 PM

View PostECBucs, on 20 April 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

I
bet China knew where it was the entire time.

And Russia

#12128 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

View PostNCBuccofan, on 20 April 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

And Russia

And Julian Assagne and Pamela Anderson.

Really though, we should focused on symbols in random pizza shops.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#12129 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 03:59 PM

Oh look, Marine Le Pen won, which surprises no one but liberals in denial.
IS THIS THE GAME THREAD???

#12130 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 06:39 PM

View PostDale Berra, on 23 April 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

Convince me again that you aren't a Trumpet at heart. You seem to take great joy in the victories of the radical right.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#12131 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 07:03 PM

GoBucs21, on 23 April 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

Convince me again that you aren't a Trumpet at heart. You seem to take great joy in the victories of the radical right.

I would vote for Macron if I were French. But I do take great joy in the wailing and gnashing of teeth on the left in the U.S., because they ("progressives" vs old-school "liberals") just don't get nationalism.

To throw you a bone, though, I admit I like and respect Theresa May. There, efforts to leave the EU appeal to UK interests over the collectivism of the EU, and I can relate to that. It doesn't mean that European interstate trade will collapse with the end of the EU.

#12132 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 07:09 PM

I should add that Macron's ability to launch a viable political party on the fly is admirable, and I'd like nothing more than for that to happen in the U.S. Current litigation regarding the Commission on Presidential Debates could tear down the 15% polling retirement in 2020 and open the door to our own Macron. I am hopeful.

#12133 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 10:15 PM

View PostDale Berra, on 23 April 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

I should add that Macron's ability to launch a viable political party on the fly is admirable, and I'd like nothing more than for that to happen in the U.S. Current litigation regarding the Commission on Presidential Debates could tear down the 15% polling retirement in 2020 and open the door to our own Macron. I am hopeful.

I'm sorry but I just don't believe you. You take too much pride in Trump and revel in all things related to him. By the way Le Pen did not win, she finished second, as expected in a large field. She will now compete in the run off election.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#12134 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted Yesterday, 11:08 PM

View PostDale Berra, on 23 April 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

The outcome isn't nearly as unprecedented as Trump's victory. It's neither as shocking or as dangerous.

In fact, Le Pen's father did the exact same thing within recent (by my standards, anyway) memory. He then got his tail kicked by Jacques Chirac in the run-off election, when supporters of every other candidate rallied to the candidate who wasn't a malignant racist.

Le Pen faces a similar situation, with all of the eliminated candidates calling for support of the centrist candidate to defeat Le Pen. Le Pen does have one advantage that her father didn't, and that's that her opponent in the run-off is a centrist rather than a conservative. When given a choice between a moderate conservative and a malignant racist conservative, supporters of failed left and centrist candidates have no choice but to move right, and they're not going to want to move any farther right than they have to. That makes the moderate conservative a shoo-in. Le Pen is in a position where there's a failed conservative candidacy between herself and Macron on the political spectrum, meaning there are voters who have to choose between moving right and moving left. Le Pen could court them to the right, in theory. In practice, it's unlikely that she will court enough of them to win. And of course, any voter to the left of Joe Lieberman will see Macron as the only palatable choice.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

Share this topic:

• 607 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic