• You cannot reply to this topic

CT School Shooting Rate Topic: -----

#2281 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 17 April 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

You mean like how Kobe Bryant cut his career short and didn't achieve his potential because he didn't take enough days off during the 20 seasons that he played?

No, that would be your very own straw man.

Please do share another completely logical opinion. I really can't wait to hear another one.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#2282 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 17 April 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

No, that would be your very own straw man.

Please do share another completely logical opinion. I really can't wait to hear another one.

Again, why be a dick just for the sake of being a dick? I took no shots at yet another Catholic-bashing rant from you. I let it go, and was only responding to Sloshy's humorous picture of Jesus cuddling what appears to be a Velociraptor.

#2283 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 17 April 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

There are good aspects to just about any person or organization. The church would struggle to keep their tax exempt status if they didn't do certain things like that. But when the organization, from the top, is coordinating such a huge child rape ring then it's hard to see them as anything but deplorable.

You seem to paint without knowing quite a bit yourself. I worked as a teacher in the worst school in the city of Pittsburgh for 4 years. It was the alternate school where all the kids the other schools didn't want to deal with got sent. Kids that would come in the morning and hadn't eaten since lunch the day before. They would go home to empty homes with no electricity. I could sit here and brag about what I did for them on a daily or yearly basis, but unlike most Catholics I know I don't need to flaunt a good deed to make it feel worth while. I didn't do good deeds because deep down I was worried about some ghost letting me in to a paradise for eternity. The self serving nature of the Catholic drive is always present. It's called human decency and compassion. Two things that I have found are greatly lacking in most Catholics. But oddly I find to be very common amomgst most atheists and agnostics.

They go hold hands in hopes of being let in to some eternal bliss while spending most of their time hating gays, muslims, transgenders, and just about anyone that's different. And handing their money to an organization that is rich beyond its wildest dreams so that they can continue to pay off settlements and hire attorneys.

Good work guys! You keep on keepin on!

So you were paid to do something, and that makes it better than people that do good deeds for free? If you were not working at the school, would you still help these kids? Saying most Catholics support child rape is not even close to accurate.

I do not know where this hate of Catholics and Christians comes from but this post seems like it belongs with the crazy ass conspiracy theory from Winter.

#2284 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:39 AM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 17 April 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

No. The things outside of the required teaching of the students. But unlike my Christian friends I don't 1. Do them as a self serving deed to make it in to Heaven or 2. Feel the need to let everyone know what I did

And "solid wage" is a hilarious representation of what a teacher makes. In-n-out pays their managers twice what I was making and Chipotle has a better continuing ed benefit.

You need new friends. Most do not do it for any recognition at all. With all the good deeds done by the atheist, it is a wonder why we even have poor people.

Why are you going out of your way to offend people? We have seen there a quite a few Catholics on here, and you are basically calling them all child rape supporters.

#2285 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:51 AM

You either support child rape, or you hate Catholics. That's how the board works.
IS THIS THE GAME THREAD???

#2286 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:56 AM

View PostDale Berra, on 18 April 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

You either support child rape, or you hate Catholics. That's how the board works.

Can I just hate the old, dead pope who looked like Emperor Palpatine, and the whole College of Cardinals? My mom is a Catholic and I prefer not to hate her, if possible.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#2287 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:06 PM

View PostDale Berra, on 18 April 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

If you are giving money to the Catholic Church you are absolutely supporting child rape.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#2288 User is offline   Dale Berra's Nose 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

View PostGideon Clarke, on 18 April 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

My mom is a Catholic and I prefer not to hate her, if possible.

I won't hold it against you that you love your child-rape-supporting mother.
IS THIS THE GAME THREAD???

#2289 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:37 PM

The covering up and enabling of pedophilia is hardly the only black mark on Catholicism. For instance their vocal opposition to using contraceptives in aids riddled countries is a reprehensible position and supports my belief that they care more about their mantras (the sanctity of life) than they do about actual people. You see this also when they do things like excommunicate doctors for performing an abortion on a young girl pregnant from incest. Again and again Catholicism has been on the wrong side of issues throughout history. Because of all the nonsense they have created over the years they are often stuck with supporting hideous positions because they can't admit to being wrong since they claim infallibility. They set themselves up as the ultimate moral authority and then have often used that position for evil, whether intentional or not. Even a surface review of the history of Catholicism makes it clear that the primary impetus to the things they do is a desire to remain relevant and retain the power and wealth they have accumulated over the centuries. It is about control and not about the things they mouth but don't actually enact. To be clear, what I am saying applies to the organized hierarchy of Catholicism and not necessarily to individual Catholics. I find many of them to be basically good people who have to try to navigate the nonsense of the religion they happened to be born into.

#2290 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

View Postcoolpapacole, on 18 April 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

The covering up and enabling of pedophilia is hardly the only black mark on Catholicism. For instance their vocal opposition to using contraceptives in aids riddled countries is a reprehensible position and supports my belief that they care more about their mantras (the sanctity of life) than they do about actual people. You see this also when they do things like excommunicate doctors for performing an abortion on a young girl pregnant from incest. Again and again Catholicism has been on the wrong side of issues throughout history. Because of all the nonsense they have created over the years they are often stuck with supporting hideous positions because they can't admit to being wrong since they claim infallibility. They set themselves up as the ultimate moral authority and then have often used that position for evil, whether intentional or not. Even a surface review of the history of Catholicism makes it clear that the primary impetus to the things they do is a desire to remain relevant and retain the power and wealth they have accumulated over the centuries. It is about control and not about the things they mouth but don't actually enact. To be clear, what I am saying applies to the organized hierarchy of Catholicism and not necessarily to individual Catholics. I find many of them to be basically good people who have to try to navigate the nonsense of the religion they happened to be born into.

Yes

#2291 User is offline   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

View Postcoolpapacole, on 18 April 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

This is an odd one to have put in there. I would think the one thing religions could do is set a consequence for violating a rule, and rather a moral law of the church (sanctity of life*), particularly when that consequence is only relevant as a member of the church.

*brief note that here I'm assuming the view that a pre-abortive contraception does not violate this principle being a moral law as opposed to a religious rule. I believe recent remarks by the current Pope are vague but suggest that possibility of the use of contraception as being acceptable in circumstances (here, the Zika virus). It doesn't go nearly far enough, but it is movement.
You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#2292 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:59 PM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 18 April 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

If you are giving money to the Catholic Church you are absolutely supporting child rape.

Anyone giving money to Penn State supports it as well?

#2293 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

View PostNCBuccofan, on 18 April 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

Anyone giving money to Penn State supports it as well?

If Penn State were continuing to run a massive organized child rape ring then yes.

#2294 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:25 PM

View Postoblongatta, on 18 April 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

This is an odd one to have put in there. I would think the one thing religions could do is set a consequence for violating a rule, and rather a moral law of the church (sanctity of life*), particularly when that consequence is only relevant as a member of the church.

*brief note that here I'm assuming the view that a pre-abortive contraception does not violate this principle being a moral law as opposed to a religious rule. I believe recent remarks by the current Pope are vague but suggest that possibility of the use of contraception as being acceptable in circumstances (here, the Zika virus). It doesn't go nearly far enough, but it is movement.

My point was that they care more for their "sanctity of all life” mantra than they do about an actual realized human life. Catholicism allows no leeway to use your actual mind to decide between right and wrong. The Pope is infallible and one of them in the past (probably with way less information than we now have) decided what is right and wrong and everyone else has to just swallow it. This leads to disgusting things like forcing a twelve year old to carry to term a fetus that was the result of incestuous rape and forbidding people from taking very simple steps that can greatly increase their well-being (such as using contraceptives when you might be fucking someone with aids). If the people in charge of organized Catholicism actually believed that life was sacred then they would admit that past Pope's were sometimes wrong and would adjust their positions that result in clear avoidable harm. They won't do that because what they are actually concerned with is maintaining and increasing the power and wealth of Catholicism (Papal infallibility is a big part of this). I think the pedophilia nonsense attests to this truth. There is no way to see what the Church did as anything but protecting themselves at the expense of innocent children. Ultimately this is my major objection to Catholicism and organized religion. Once they get big enough they stop being about anything other than self-perpetuation. This is the obvious reason they all require faith, which is essentially a built in guarantee that the believer won't question anything despite how ridiculous some of the beliefs required to be believed are. Make swallowing nonsense not just required but an actual praiseworthy trait and you make people a lot less likely to ever question your authority. Organized religion is quite possibly the largest scam in the history of humanity.

#2295 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:30 PM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 18 April 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

If Penn State were continuing to run a massive organized child rape ring then yes.

Do we know if they are or not? Anyone that spent a dime on their campus supported what Sandusky did as far as I am concerned. Hope you were there after.

#2296 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:41 PM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 18 April 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Dumb. That's like saying if you're a Penn State booster, you're supporting child rape.

#2297 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:02 PM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 18 April 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

Dumb. That's like saying if you're a Penn State booster, you're supporting child rape.

Or saying that Molina is slow.

#2298 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:06 PM

View Postcoolpapacole, on 18 April 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Or saying that Molina is slow.

It's what happens when you post before you read the full page. I'll own it.

Share this topic:

• 115 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic