• You cannot reply to this topic

Things that really make you happy? Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   BigBadBucs 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostPenguin, on 16 December 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

This photo makes me happy. Not just because it's my son and he's likely the only kid in Northern California having his picture taken with Santa while wearing a Crosby jersey, but will you look at the elf in the middle?

Posted Image

Well Spoken! A pretty gal Mrs Penguin for sure!

BBB

#42 User is offline   cbh 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

POPULAR

Losing weight (41 pounds and counting)
If I dared your son to do something, he'd be DEAD. I wouldn't do a wimpy dare, like "read a short story quickly". I'd have a real dare, like EAT A BAG OF FIRE!!!!"

#43 User is offline   hir51 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

View Postcbh, on 16 December 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

Good job.

#44 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

This photo makes me happy. Not just because it's my son and he's likely the only kid in Northern California having his picture taken with Santa while wearing a Crosby jersey, but will you look at the elf in the middle?

Posted Image

Your son looks worried. Probably because the only thing between that old guy to the right's balls is him and a thin layer of spandex. Also Im not saying I will but I probably will jerk off to your wife in the near future. Just fair warning is all.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#45 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

To be clear, the elf in that picture isn't the current Mrs. Penguin. Although perhaps it could be the future Mrs. Penguin. Regardless, good chance I'm thinking about her the next time I'm doing the current Mrs. Penguin, which will likely be on my birthday next May.

Yeah, I'm living the dream.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#46 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

View PostPenguin, on 16 December 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

To be clear, the elf in that picture isn't the current Mrs. Penguin. Although perhaps it could be the future Mrs. Penguin. Regardless, good chance I'm thinking about her the next time I'm doing the current Mrs. Penguin, which will likely be on my birthday next May.

Yeah, I'm living the dream.

Whatever I'm still jerking off to her.

#47 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

Posted Image

Jeebus, he looks like he's as tall as you already. I hope you guys have a great Christmas.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#48 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 16 December 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

Jeebus, he looks like he's as tall as you already.

Most 10 year olds are.

View PostGoBucs21, on 16 December 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

I hope you guys have a great Christmas.

Careful, you're just giving Bucs Dugout more reason to think all we do is insult people. But right back at ya.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#49 User is offline   silverspring 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

View Postcbh, on 16 December 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

Wow, that's awesome. Change in diet, exercise or both? Either way, congrats!

#50 User is offline   cbh 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

View Postsilverspring, on 16 December 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

Wow, that's awesome. Change in diet, exercise or both? Either way, congrats!

Definitely both. I wouldn't say I'm totally committed to exercise, but I read this great book about overeating and really managed to control my portions. Between that and replacing pretty much every beverage with water or coffee, I only exercise moderately maybe 3 days a week, but it's been enough.

I'm still stupid fat, but I definitely feel more energetic.
If I dared your son to do something, he'd be DEAD. I wouldn't do a wimpy dare, like "read a short story quickly". I'd have a real dare, like EAT A BAG OF FIRE!!!!"

#51 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Bacon and Hobbes tribute cartoons.

http://www.freerepub...s/2933120/posts

#52 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

Being an uncle for the first time!!!
5 GP

10-16, 4-2B, 2-3B, 9 RBI, 6 R

#53 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

View Postmzimmerman81, on 17 December 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

Being an uncle for the first time!!!

Its fun until a couple of years from now they're old enough to punch you in the balls. Then they tend to wear out their welcome.

#54 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

View PostMa13tt0, on 17 December 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

Its fun until a couple of years from now they're old enough to punch you in the balls. Then they tend to wear out their welcome.

Thaat's why I am happy it's not my child, I can leave it to Dad and Mom whenever I am wore out from the idea
5 GP

10-16, 4-2B, 2-3B, 9 RBI, 6 R

#55 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

When I feel like I have to take a massive shit, then waft a giant fart, and I don't have to shit...for a while anyway.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

#56 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

View Postmzimmerman81, on 17 December 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Thaat's why I am happy it's not my child, I can leave it to Dad and Mom whenever I am wore out from the idea

This will be my nephew's first Christmas so of course I'm going over the top with presents for him. I'm wandering around ToysRUs trying to figure out what the hell to get a 11 month old. I must have looked lost so one of the employees asks me if I need help picking something out, how old the kid is, etc. My answer is he's 11 months and give me the toy that makes the most noise imaginable. My sister and brother in law can deal with it. I'll even throw in some extra batteries.

#57 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

View Postecbenito, on 17 December 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

This will be my nephew's first Christmas so of course I'm going over the top with presents for him. I'm wandering around ToysRUs trying to figure out what the hell to get a 11 month old. I must have looked lost so one of the employees asks me if I need help picking something out, how old the kid is, etc. My answer is he's 11 months and give me the toy that makes the most noise imaginable. My sister and brother in law can deal with it. I'll even throw in some extra batteries.

Wait about 3-4 more years then the real fun starts. You get to wander through the action figure aisle buying all the cool GI Joe helicopters and Spiderman shit a child could want. Of course you run across stuff like Ben 10 and ask yourself who the fuck is this little asshole. Even more fun is showing them cool shit like Xmen or Beast Wars that they didn't know about.

#58 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostMa13tt0, on 17 December 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

Wait about 3-4 more years then the real fun starts. You get to wander through the action figure aisle buying all the cool GI Joe helicopters and Spiderman shit a child could want. Of course you run across stuff like Ben 10 and ask yourself who the fuck is this little asshole. Even more fun is showing them cool shit like Xmen or Beast Wars that they didn't know about.

Of course there is the down side of that...Legos. I never had any interest in building shit, not as a kid, and certainly not as an adult. My son loves them and of course, he wants me to join in the fun. There is no fun in that for me, unless I'm throwing back my favorite porter or stout, while I encourage him to find the proper shit brown or piss yellow piece to build his latest 1000 piece Lego opus.
Robert F. Kennedy

Robert F. Kennedy

#59 Guest_Nickflair04_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Pulling off a B in a class where I was all but locked in to a C entering the final!

#60 Guest_Nickflair04_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 17 December 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

Of course there is the down side of that...Legos. I never had any interest in building shit, not as a kid, and certainly not as an adult. My son loves them and of course, he wants me to join in the fun. There is no fun in that for me, unless I'm throwing back my favorite porter or stout, while I encourage him to find the proper shit brown or piss yellow piece to build his latest 1000 piece Lego opus.

You're crazy - Legos are the best! I'd still buy them if they weren't so damn expensive. Erector sets, Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys were awesome, too.

Share this topic:

• 160 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic