• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

opening night pens/caps Rate Topic: -----

#741 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:05 AM

Btw, Kessel continually bringing the puck to center ice in OT so he could charge the net was fucking incredible to watch.

#742 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

View Postcoolpapacole, on 25 March 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

What Sid did was a run of the mill slash that the NHL has pretty clearly decided is not something they want to eliminate. It was nothing like the vicious hit that was put on Geuntzel.

It's easier to have a fulfilling life with 9.7 fingers than with a scrambled brain.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#743 User is offline   jestor92 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

Is it wrong that every time I see a post in this thread i'm expecting to see player x is out indefinitely.
Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen are the new Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, and Kevin Young (in his prime) players that are good, but surrounded by crap which will make them losers.
Who needs a good team on the field when you have fireworks and bobbleheads!

#744 User is offline   Thunder 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:22 PM

View Postjestor92, on 25 March 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

Is it wrong that every time I see a post in this thread i'm expecting to see player x is out indefinitely.

No, since it seems to be happening about once a game, sometimes twice.

#745 User is offline   Grey 

• All Star
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Buccos, Steelers, Pens, PSU, University of Arizona

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:13 PM

Who are the players currently out, and who is expected back, and when are they expected back?

thanks in advance.
Ann Arbor is a bitch

#746 User is offline   Thunder 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:05 PM

Who had Sheary in tonight's injury pool?

#747 User is offline   Grey 

• All Star
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Buccos, Steelers, Pens, PSU, University of Arizona

Posted Yesterday, 12:10 AM

It actually might be better to sit everyone, throw the remaining games, and stay clear of Columbus in the first round.

Edit: Then again I'm not sure if that's even possible, this fucking playoff system is absurd. At this point, somebody new drops with every new game.

I was going to say I've never seen this many injuries, but I have, actually seen this many injuries: 2010.
Ann Arbor is a bitch

#748 User is online   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 09:01 AM

I am almost certain I am the only member of the Pittsburgh chapter of PHWA that did not vote for Marc-Andre Fleury for the Masterton Trophy. I voted for Matt Cullen. I think being one of the oldest players in the league, playing a thankless grunt role, doing so while being an extremely clean and honest player, shows a little more dedication to hockey than losing your starting job to a better player and not being a dick about it.

#749 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted Yesterday, 09:46 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 25 March 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

Half of the league doesn't decimate their opponents' fingers though.

Are you serious? slashes like that happen on every rush. Multiple times. Not all hit fingers, they hit sticks, shins, ect...but that is a common hockey play that mostly results in nothing.

#750 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted Yesterday, 09:50 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 25 March 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

Well, if these guys are all saying it was a relatively common play, that's good to hear. But I do think a player's injury should have some bearing on the punishment.

For example, if a shoulder a guy in the bar because I think he's a douche as I walk by him, nothing really happens (unless he's bigger than me, and proceeds to kick my ass).

But if I shoulder a guy in the bar, and he accidentally falls backwards down a flight of stairs, then I go to jail.

So same slash, but Crosby misses the hand and hits his stick, breaking it...is that no penalty or an permanent suspension since the stick is dead?

#751 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• We'll Be Ready for that Ass
  • PipPip

Posted Yesterday, 10:22 AM

View PostNCBuccofan, on 27 March 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

So same slash, but Crosby misses the hand and hits his stick, breaking it...is that no penalty or an permanent suspension since the stick is dead?

No sense post makes no sense.
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

#752 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• We'll Be Ready for that Ass
  • PipPip

Posted Yesterday, 10:24 AM

View PostDoctorJohnnyFever, on 27 March 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

I am almost certain I am the only member of the Pittsburgh chapter of PHWA that did not vote for Marc-Andre Fleury for the Masterton Trophy. I voted for Matt Cullen. I think being one of the oldest players in the league, playing a thankless grunt role, doing so while being an extremely clean and honest player, shows a little more dedication to hockey than losing your starting job to a better player and not being a dick about it.

+1

Thank you for doing that. I don't want to overhype "veteranosity", but I will also say that watching the effect that AJ Burnett and Russell Martin had on the Pirates- and then how the Pirates played without such veteran leaders last year- made me realize that it is tangible, and is important.

I could easily see Cullen getting overlooked so the beloved Fleury could have this as a consolation prize, but I think you hit the nail on the head here, and am glad somebody recognized him.
"The problem in this country, is that almost no one's sense of community or country extends beyond their wallet." -GoBucs

#753 User is offline   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted Yesterday, 11:07 AM

I'm worried this team might not get healthy and lose in the first round not because of the matchup but because they have fringe players playing too man minutes. And the power play is a mess without Malkin. Sure would be nice to have him back.
You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic