• Last »

I am Dale Berra's Stash

#41 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (seanawesome @ Aug 11 2010, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, so you're not an IT guy. I am. There is no possible other way for your IP's to identically match other than it being the same poster.

Technically it would be possible, but it would mean that both posters worked at the same place and were behind the same proxy server and/ or NAT device. I ain't buying it however.
"I have to admit
I thought I was shock proof"

#42 User is online   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Finkle is Einhorn?
``Weve got some holes were looking to fill. We dont feel like we desperately have to do anything. Were in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.

#43 User is offline   The Lumber Company 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

While we are admitting other screen names, I was "Punter" on that NFC board that Willllllllllllton and the retarded gestapo maintain.

I still haven't violated any rules there either to warrant being banned.

#44 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

QUOTE (DoctorJohnnyFever @ Aug 11 2010, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I smell another twist in the plot...

I smell a rat.

#45 User is offline   hir51 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (DoctorJohnnyFever @ Aug 11 2010, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I smell another twist in the plot...

If you read between the lines, DJF is saying that Dale Berra's Stash really isn't Dale Berra's Stash.

It's really Rollo Tomassi.

#46 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

I farted
"I have to admit

#47 User is offline   hir51 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (The Lumber Company @ Aug 11 2010, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While we are admitting other screen names, I was "Punter" on that NFC board that Willllllllllllton and the retarded gestapo maintain.

I've always been hir51. Everywhere. I'm just not that damn creative.

#48 User is online   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:08 PM

PokeyReesesHair and GabeMartinez still don't know why they were banned at OBN.

#49 User is offline   Dale Berras Stash 

• Tee-Ball

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:09 PM

Modifications to IP addressing
[edit] IP blocking and firewalls
Main articles: IP blocking and Firewall (computer)
Firewalls are common on today[update]'s Internet. For increased network security, they control access to private networks based on the public IP of the client. Whether using a blacklist or a whitelist, the IP address that is blocked is the perceived public IP address of the client, meaning that if the client is using a proxy server or NAT, blocking one IP address might block many individual people.

[edit] IP address translation
Main article: Network address translation
Multiple client devices can appear to share IP addresses: either because they are part of a shared hosting web server environment or because an IPv4 network address translator (NAT) or proxy server acts as an intermediary agent on behalf of its customers, in which case the real originating IP addresses might be hidden from the server receiving a request. A common practice is to have a NAT hide a large number of IP addresses in a private network. Only the "outside" interface(s) of the NAT need to have Internet-routable addresses[5].

Most commonly, the NAT device maps TCP or UDP port numbers on the outside to individual private addresses on the inside. Just as a telephone number may have site-specific extensions, the port numbers are site-specific extensions to an IP address.

In small home networks, NAT functions usually take place in a residential gateway device, typically one marketed as a "router". In this scenario, the computers connected to the router would have 'private' IP addresses and the router would have a 'public' address to communicate with the Internet. This type of router allows several computers to share one public IP address.

This is what I was referring to. Verizon does this for our network and acts as our proxy server. My office has 4 servers (just asked IT) that are within our own system.

#50 User is offline   Jeff King 

• Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:09 PM

I think all hell is gonna break loose when Dale Berra's Nose gets in on the action and files a suit against Dale Berra's Stache for Gimmick Infringement.
Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.

#51 User is online   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (Jeff King @ Aug 11 2010, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think all hell is gonna break loose when Dale Berra's Nose gets in on the action and files a suit against Dale Berra's Stache for Gimmick Infringement.

PokeyReesesHair will own them all.

#52 User is offline   The Lumber Company 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:10 PM

<!--quoteo(post=179924:date=Aug 11 2010, 02:08 PM:name=hir51)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hir51 @ Aug 11 2010, 02:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=179924"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've always been hir51. Everywhere. I'm just not that damn creative.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I would be Lumber Company on OBN too, if (a) there wasn't already someone there posting by that name who can't come close to matching my scores on standardized tests and (b) I wasn't concerned about being banned due to my affiliation with CIA.

That being said, neither Rollo Tomassi nor Dale Berra's Stash will get banned from here, and they can continue to post freely, hopefully with a little more value added and honesty than has been shown to this point.

#53 User is offline   mvk112 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

Hey Dale, scour your workplace for Rollo Tommassi and have him login at the same time you're logged in. Then we'll see if you are telling the truth or not.

#54 User is offline   The Lumber Company 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

QUOTE (Dale Berras Stash @ Aug 11 2010, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Firewalls are common on today[update]'s Internet. For increased network security, they control access to private networks based on the public IP of the client. Whether using a blacklist or a whitelist, the IP address that is blocked is the perceived public IP address of the client, meaning that if the client is using a proxy server or NAT, blocking one IP address might block many individual people.

Multiple client devices can appear to share IP addresses: either because they are part of a shared hosting web server environment or because an IPv4 network address translator (NAT) or proxy server acts as an intermediary agent on behalf of its customers, in which case the real originating IP addresses might be hidden from the server receiving a request. A common practice is to have a NAT hide a large number of IP addresses in a private network. Only the "outside" interface(s) of the NAT need to have Internet-routable addresses[5].

Most commonly, the NAT device maps TCP or UDP port numbers on the outside to individual private addresses on the inside. Just as a telephone number may have site-specific extensions, the port numbers are site-specific extensions to an IP address.

In small home networks, NAT functions usually take place in a residential gateway device, typically one marketed as a "router". In this scenario, the computers connected to the router would have 'private' IP addresses and the router would have a 'public' address to communicate with the Internet. This type of router allows several computers to share one public IP address.

This is what I was referring to. Verizon does this for our network and acts as our proxy server. My office has 4 servers (just asked IT) that are within our own system.

Dude, just give it up and come clean. This charade is getting embarrassing and not one person here believes your story. Not one.

#55 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

So one of your coworkers who uses those other PCs is the real Rollo. Should be easy for you to find out who it is then.
"I have to admit

#56 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (Dale Berras Stash @ Aug 11 2010, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is truly becoming pathetic. At first I just thought you were a fucking coward. I still do, but now I'm beginning to feel sorry for you.

But yeah, lets desperately cling to anything that creates even an ounce of deniability while ignoring:

1. Rollo and DBS have the same IP
2. Rollo and DBS were generally posting on their respective boards at the exact same time
3. Rollo and DBS have the exact same writing style. Just go check out their posts and you'll notice how they often, but not always, start a new paragraph without skipping a space between the previous paragraph
4. DBS CLEARY has a motive and agenda to want to do somethign l like this

But that's all prolly circumstantial and there just happens to be someone in DBS office who's registered as Rollo. Even though DBS is an engineer and Rollo is a financial planner.

Need a shovel yet, DBS?
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#57 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

QUOTE (PF82 @ Aug 11 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So one of your coworkers who uses those other PCs is the real Rollo. Should be easy for you to find out who it is then.

If that person actually existed
5 GP

10-16, 4-2B, 2-3B, 9 RBI, 6 R

#58 User is online   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Maybe Jenny can determine who uses their internet time for OBN. I mean, look at how quickly she ratted out Spencer for playing Farmville.

#59 User is online   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

QUOTE (mvk112 @ Aug 11 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Dale, scour your workplace for Rollo Tommassi and have him login at the same time you're logged in. Then we'll see if you are telling the truth or not.

That won't accomplish anything. Anyone can login with multiple id's at the same time.
``Weve got some holes were looking to fill. We dont feel like we desperately have to do anything. Were in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.

#60 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:15 PM

Just ask all of your coworkers which one is a financial planner from Seattle.
"I have to admit

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply