Pittsburgh Pirates: I am Dale Berra's Stash - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »

I am Dale Berra's Stash

#1 User is offline   Dale Berras Stash 

• Tee-Ball
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

It was brought to my attention that there was some debate over here (one-sided, it seems) that a new poster Rollo Tomassi was actually me, Dale Berra's Stash from OBN.

I check in here a couple of times a week, but up until this morning I never had an account. There's definitely an element of humor here that is lacking at OBN, so it was always a nice laugh at the end of the day for me.

So after one of the posters here who also posts at OBN asked me if I was Rollo Tomassi, I read through the threads until I found the "MLB Deadline Thread".

In this thread, Penguin decided to be the board enforcer by calling out Rollo Tomassi as me. Inspector Colombo Penguin decided that since "Dale Berras Stash" was logged in to OBN at the same time "Rollo Tomassi" was posting at CIA that it must be the same person. As I'm typing this, there are 28 people logged on to OBN right now, but yet he was convinced it was me.

Here's a little tidbit of info. When I come into work, I start up Outlook first. The second thing I bring up is OBN. It is up from 7:30 am to 5 pm. I will refresh it throughout the day when I come back from the field or from a meeting or if I'm bored. It's my stress relief. So it looks as if I'm on OBN all day, even if I'm not here.

Another thing that Penguin felt the need to do is call me a "coward" for potentially posting under a different identity. If I wanted to post here before today, I would have logged in as Dale Berra's Stash. Before this thread, I would have thought that Dale Berra's Stash would have been fairly received, but apparently I was wrong.

The interesting thing is that Penguin sure seemed to know a lot about OBN and me, in particular, but I've never seen a Penguin post over there and there is no member shown as "Penguin". So that means that Penguin is a lurker or posting under another identity.

That also must make you a "coward" or perhaps just a "hypocrite".

What about all of your CIA friends that post under dual names? Are they cowards too?
Williebuc = Longhorn
7 springs = Crosscutter
bucsofold = Parker Battery Day
Woobie = Trey Beamon

And the whole fiasco apparently started because Rollo Tomassi seemed to ask about Doumit's Girl.
I'm the one who found out who Doumit's Girl was because I caught him accidently signing his CIA-identity when he posted, just as I hit refresh on a thread. He quickly changed it, but I sent a very friendly thread and started a decent (I thought) conversation with him about OBN and modern-day stats.

At the time, he asked me not to reveal his true identity to the OBN mods because he didn't want to be banned. I gave him my word and I never revealed his identity to omar, even though he and I speak nearly every day over PM.

Well, as I was reading this verbal barrage from this board towards what everyone thought was me, this person had to open their big mouth and be a tough guy, so....

Doumit's Girl is Winters in Holland. This was probably known to most of you, but I just wanted to put it out there.

Here's the private message from JIm begging me not to turn him in, which I never did, until he felt the need to cheap shot me (it's a standard Blogger template, by the way).

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: Dale Berras Stash on: March 13, 2010, 10:22:46 AM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. » Quote Reply Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi.

Wow- you must've caught that fast, because I edited it within about 2 minutes!

If you don't mind, please keep my identity on the downlow, because I think they would ban me within about 10 minutes if they found out my true identity. I do enjoy talking baseball here, especially since the overall opinion on CIA has shifted towards my point of view. I like still debating baseball with people that have different opinions than me.

Thanks for keeping it on the downlow! You're a good guy.

JIm

In conclusion, I was not Rollo Tomassi. If either Penguin or any of the other amateur detectives in that thread used Google, you would see that Rollo Tomassi was from LA Confidential. It's the name that Lt. Exley gave to the person who shot his father but was never caught.

He said it was for anyone "who got away with it". You guys were being screwed with by an ex-poster probably, but you're all so paranoid that you think it's someone from OBN.

People from OBN don't really care about CIA. I chat with a few people on private message, but I could care less about the other 99.5% of the anonymous people on a message board that I will never meet.

#2 User is online   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

#3 User is offline   Dale Berras Stash 

• Tee-Ball

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (DoctorJohnnyFever @ Aug 11 2010, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For what it's worth, your coverage of the Pens and hockey is one of the reasons I come to CIA, Doctor Johnny.

#4 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:38 PM

#5 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

Dale Berra just threw down.
``We’ve got some holes we’re looking to fill. We don’t feel like we desperately have to do anything. We’re in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.’’

#6 User is online   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Dale Berras Stash @ Aug 11 2010, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For what it's worth, your coverage of the Pens and hockey is one of the reasons I come to CIA, Doctor Johnny.

Thank you very much, I appreciate that.

Also, I'm going on record right now as saying this thread will be officially EPIC.

#7 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:44 PM

Well then...this thread should be fun
5 GP

10-16, 4-2B, 2-3B, 9 RBI, 6 R

#8 User is offline   seanawesome 

• Master of the Powerbomb
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:46 PM

Alright, I didn't even read that entire diatribe of crap, just the part where you claim not to be Rollo Tomassi. I'm the airquote.gif admin airquote.gif of this board. When you register a new account, I must validate it so it's not spam (which is like 70% of the new registrations we get here). Luckily for me, it lists any poster who has either registered or posted with that exact IP address. Oh and what did you know, when you registered this morning it stated that "Rollo Tomassi" also posted with that IP address. I figured you were coming clean, but I guess you're not. Unless you live with ECBenito's roommates, then you are in fact Rollo Tomassi.

#9 User is online   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:46 PM

AND THE PLOT THICKENS!

#10 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

Holy shit
5 GP

#11 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:48 PM

Over/under on said thread? I'm guessing at least 20 pages.

EDIT: Boom roasted.

#12 User is offline   brendansdad 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (Trey_Beamon @ Aug 11 2010, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Way under...it could die as quickly as David Caruso's film career.
"You're like a jukebox of stupidity..." Penguin on Aso.

"Oh you know what I'm trying to say you canadian ponce." Ecbenito questioning MVK 7/12/2011

"For as much as you pimped Hosmer as the second coming of Christ, Jesus shouldn't have a down year." NYPirate

“There are a lot of really good baseball people who feel very differently than our fans do about what we’re accomplishing." Neal Huntingdon

#13 User is online   DoctorJohnnyFever 

• WiH owns me
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (brendansdad @ Aug 11 2010, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Way under...it could die as quickly as David Caruso's film career.

I don't know, man. These first couple of posts have been tremendous. And this one where everybody will want to get in the last word. This could be a long one.

#14 User is offline   PF82 

• no-talent goon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (Trey_Beamon @ Aug 11 2010, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EDIT: Boom roasted.

I think they'll have to call the mercy rule after 3 pages
"I have to admit
I thought I was shock proof"

#16 User is offline   NYPirate 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

So is Winter JIm?

Is that supposed to be another acronym?

Jews in Mexico?

``We’ve got some holes we’re looking to fill. We don’t feel like we desperately have to do anything. We’re in a great spot to be in. If we can upgrade, outstanding. Upgrade at an appropriate acquisition cost, even better.’’

#17 User is offline   Stratman01 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (seanawesome @ Aug 11 2010, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright, I didn't even read that entire diatribe of crap, just the part where you claim not to be Rollo Tomassi. I'm the airquote.gif admin airquote.gif of this board. When you register a new account, I must validate it so it's not spam (which is like 70% of the new registrations we get here). Luckily for me, it lists any poster who has either registered or posted with that exact IP address. Oh and what did you know, when you registered this morning it stated that "Rollo Tomassi" also posted with that IP address. I figured you were coming clean, but I guess you're not. Unless you live with ECBenito's roommates, then you are in fact Rollo Tomassi.

Well, this thread took an interesting turn real fast.

#18 User is offline   brendansdad 

• Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

Now this is a succulent post.
"You're like a jukebox of stupidity..." Penguin on Aso.

"Oh you know what I'm trying to say you canadian ponce." Ecbenito questioning MVK 7/12/2011

"For as much as you pimped Hosmer as the second coming of Christ, Jesus shouldn't have a down year." NYPirate

“There are a lot of really good baseball people who feel very differently than our fans do about what we’re accomplishing." Neal Huntingdon

#20 User is offline   Dale Berras Stash 

• Tee-Ball

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:53 PM

I registered this morning at work, where our IT people tell me we have a "bulk IP" address. I'm not an IT guy, but they have always told me that it is an umbrella account through our ISP. This is what the general public sees.

We then have individual IP's within our system for our machines.

What you saw was the ISP's overall IP. I think we have Verizon.
My house I have Comcast for my laptop, so I would probably have a different IP there.

I'm sure this doesn't matter because it makes a great story for you all.

#21 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (Dale Berras Stash @ Aug 11 2010, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The interesting thing is that Penguin sure seemed to know a lot about OBN and me, in particular, but I've never seen a Penguin post over there and there is no member shown as "Penguin". So that means that Penguin is a lurker or posting under another identity.

That also must make you a "coward" or perhaps just a "hypocrite".

There's a huge difference, Skippy. Those who post at OBN have to hide their identity in order to not get banned. As was told to you when you first started posting as Rollo, you wouldn't be banned for doing so. So the fucking coward is clearly you.

So I ask you again, what did you hope to accomplish by coming here as Rollo? Obviously you dislike the posters from CIA who have done THE EXACT SAME THING at OBN? So who's the hypocrite?
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, I’m not sure they would have “won” the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#22 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Dale Berras Stash @ Aug 11 2010, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I registered this morning at work, where our IT people tell me we have a "bulk IP" address. I'm not an IT guy, but they have always told me that it is an umbrella account through our ISP. This is what the general public sees.

We then have individual IP's within our system for our machines.

What you saw was the ISP's overall IP. I think we have Verizon.
My house I have Comcast for my laptop, so I would probably have a different IP there.

I'm sure this doesn't matter because it makes a great story for you all.

So you are one of ECbenito's roommates?
5 GP

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply