Pittsburgh Pirates: BREAKING STORY: Tabata Breaks His Silence About His Age - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 3 Pages +

BREAKING STORY: Tabata Breaks His Silence About His Age The Bucs Have His Back-Finally Some Good News

#41 User is offline   The Lumber Company 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:39 AM

I like food

#42 User is offline   Jeff King 

• Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

As much as I appreciate all of the positive feedback, Seanawesome deserves some props as well. He makes those quote bubbles so damn perfect.

Here's a funny little story about the creation of the bubbles. Every once in a while I get an idea for a new quote bubble. I'll send a PM to Sean asking him if he could create one or perhaps sometimes even more than one. I always feel like this request is a pain in the ass to create these things, so I always say something like, "It's no rush at all. Maybe one day when you have some free time you could look into it."

I'll typically get a reply back from Sean real quickly where he'll say that he really likes the idea but that he's kind of busy at work and he'll get to it at some point in the future. I'm always just thankful that he's willing to do it so I always just tell him that whenever he can get to it, the effort is very much appreciated.

Then usually about five minutes passes and I'll get a PM back from Sean, where he'll say, "I decided to work on the quote bubbles. How do these look?" Of course they're always perfect, much like the banners he creates for the board. But I always get this visual in my head of people trying to get in touch with Sean at work by phone and email and they're sitting there going, "Why won't he contact me back?" All the while he's searching the internet for photos of Bud Selig and photoshopping them into the quote bubbles while blowing off his work for the betterment of the board.

So a big thanks to Sean for not only the time it takes to make these quote bubbles but also for providing us a place that allows disgusting humor like this. I don't really think there are too many messageboards that would allow me to post a scenario where Akinori Iwamura is banging Erin Andrews with a set of nunchucks, while she's telling Michael Vick that she wants to suck his big black NFL dick...while there's a MLB press conference going on in the back.
Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.

#43 Guest_sloshyj_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (Jeff King @ Apr 1 2010, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much as I appreciate all of the positive feedback, Seanawesome deserves some props as well. He makes those quote bubbles so damn perfect.

Here's a funny little story about the creation of the bubbles. Every once in a while I get an idea for a new quote bubble. I'll send a PM to Sean asking him if he could create one or perhaps sometimes even more than one. I always feel like this request is a pain in the ass to create these things, so I always say something like, "It's no rush at all. Maybe one day when you have some free time you could look into it."

I'll typically get a reply back from Sean real quickly where he'll say that he really likes the idea but that he's kind of busy at work and he'll get to it at some point in the future. I'm always just thankful that he's willing to do it so I always just tell him that whenever he can get to it, the effort is very much appreciated.

Then usually about five minutes passes and I'll get a PM back from Sean, where he'll say, "I decided to work on the quote bubbles. How do these look?" Of course they're always perfect, much like the banners he creates for the board. But I always get this visual in my head of people trying to get in touch with Sean at work by phone and email and they're sitting there going, "Why won't he contact me back?" All the while he's searching the internet for photos of Bud Selig and photoshopping them into the quote bubbles while blowing off his work for the betterment of the board.

So a big thanks to Sean for not only the time it takes to make these quote bubbles but also for providing us a place that allows disgusting humor like this. I don't really think there are too many messageboards that would allow me to post a scenario where Akinori Iwamura is banging Erin Andrews with a set of nunchucks, while she's telling Michael Vick that she wants to suck his big black NFL dick...while there's a MLB press conference going on in the back.

This is When Harry Met Sally gay.

#44 User is offline   Jeff King 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (sloshyj @ Apr 1 2010, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is When Harry Met Sally gay.

Heal us, Slosh. Heal us.
Posted Image

#45 User is offline   seanawesome 

• Master of the Powerbomb
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, I'd say the majority of the requests I was somewhat busy at work. Then I'd see the Kinger PM and be like hmm, work... or make a Jose Tabata old man quote bubble? The decision always ended up towards the quote bubbles.

Thanks for the props, but you deserve it all here. My work paled in comparison to the brilliant writing.

Also, up next is the Slosh boot on head quote bubble.

#46 Guest_sloshyj_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (seanawesome @ Apr 1 2010, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, up next is the Slosh boot on head quote bubble.

Seriously? That would be awesome.

#47 User is offline   skate919 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:46 PM

I just wanted to echo the sentiments of everyone else in this thread. And to add that the only things missing are a redneck stereotype and Bob Uecker. Much props to those involved.

#48 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:56 PM

I didn't read it the first time I saw it, but I'm really glad I did.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#49 User is offline   The Lumber Company 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

Lost among all the great press conferences held by me...

#50 User is offline   Jeff King 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:33 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/03/andrew...threats/?hpt=T1

They're prolly knocking on Iwamura's door right now saying, "So we understand you assaulted her with nunchcuks...in the vagina."

I'm hoping they realize this post is just for fun. I don't even have Dan Patrick's email address, anyway.

Posted Image

#51 User is offline   hir51 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

So I finally got the chance to read the masterpiece. But the problem is that I am sitting at home on a Saturday afternoon before Easter with my wife doing laundry and my kids running around playing. I feel dirty that I read it in front of them. Like Erin Andrews DIRTY.

But it is fucking hilarious. Great job Kinger.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +

Fast Reply