Pittsburgh Pirates: Pens/Wings Game 3 and Onward Amazing Comeback Thread - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 41 Pages +
  • « First

Pens/Wings Game 3 and Onward Amazing Comeback Thread

#801 User is offline   Jeff King 

• Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:18 AM

Thought y'all might like this.
Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.

#802 User is offline   dragudown 

• Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:49 AM

In case anyone is not excited still:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIgkMz6cKZI

#803 User is offline   bucc-o-pain 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:37 PM

FUCKING WOW.

Max Talbot will be a rock star in Pittsburgh FOREVER!

Suck it, Hossa.
Utah, get me two.

#804 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:43 PM

I couldn't get to sleep until 4 am and then slept fitfully. I am still giddy over this. I can't believe we are 4 years into the Crosby era and we already have a cup. This team is way beyond where I expected them to be at this point. The experience they have is astounding when you think about it. We have the best mix of young talent in the league and it has as much playoff experience as any group in the NHL, and more than probably just about any other team. This is unreal. I am so excited I am still feeling tingly all over. The Penguins did it! What an epic journey this was. With the seasons the Steelers and Pens had this year, this has to be the best sports year of my life, and not even the Pirates can put a dent in it. Oh, and I can finally use the Crosby pic with the shadow of him lifting the cup as my desktop image and not feel that I am jinxing us.

#805 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:00 AM

I finally got in, unpacked and winding down here at the Outer Banks.....fucking awesome game, one of the best games I have ever seen. Finished off by one of the best clutch saves ever.

STANLEY fucking CUP

back to the pool to drink more beer.
5 GP

10-16, 4-2B, 2-3B, 9 RBI, 6 R

#806 User is offline   jpbucco 

• Koveltwats Daddy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (Winters in Holland @ Jun 14 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fitfully? What the hell- are you in some sort of Charles Dickens novel right now?

smile.gif

.WiH.

Not sure if he is...but I think I might be.

There's a really old chick in a yellowed wedding dress who's just hanging out in my living room.
Oh shit! There's stickers!

#807 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:47 AM

I lost my mind after the game. While still in the Malkin jersey headed to Drinkers in the middle of the city to get drunk. A funny thing happened...the normally asshole philthy fans were, wait for it, congratulatory. The bartender gave me my first beer for free...people cheering at the highlights...it was surreal when a Hossa Sucks chant broke out.

I guess the hatred for Detroit and Hossa is universal.

EDIT: Drinkers is also the only bar in Philly where one can buy 40s of High Life. I put down 3 of them in celebration.

#808 User is offline   cogitobsw 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:10 AM

You know, it is a shame to taint it with the Philly victory, but the reigning MLB, NFL and NHL champs are all Pennsylvania teams at least.

That's gotta be a first for a state, no?
"Mark it eight, Dude"

- Smokey

#809 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (Winters in Holland @ Jun 14 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fitfully? What the hell- are you in some sort of Charles Dickens novel right now?

smile.gif

.WiH.

I might be in the cliff notes, but I could never make it through one of those things. I mean, does anything ever happen in a Dickens novel? Certainly not in the first couple of pages.

#810 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (cogitobsw @ Jun 15 2009, 05:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, it is a shame to taint it with the Philly victory, but the reigning MLB, NFL and NHL champs are all Pennsylvania teams at least.

That's gotta be a first for a state, no?

California 1988.

Lakers
Dodgers
49'ers

Although Sourthern Calilfornia is a shithole and a different state as far as I'm concerned.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#811 User is offline   ohio_is_for_buttlovers 

• All Star
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Skinny Skiing. Going to bullfights on acid.

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:34 PM

I'm too lazy to link to it but deadspin has some pictures of the Cup floating in Lemieux's pool.

#812 User is offline   ohio_is_for_buttlovers 

• All Star
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Skinny Skiing. Going to bullfights on acid.

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:50 PM

#813 User is offline   bucc-o-pain 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Winters in Holland @ Jun 18 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bet those sheets are high thread count. 750 at least.

.WiH.

At least. I am going to bet Sid's blood alcohol level is dangerously close to 2.0 as well.
Utah, get me two.

Share this topic:

• 41 Pages +
  • « First

Fast Reply