• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pets (The Anti-Children Thread) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sloshy 

• Steve Pearce
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:15 PM

We are fostering a dog named Jazzy, a five-year old Plott Hound rescue. She's in day three with us and obviously didn't like our Roomba. Tore up her bed into fine shreds.

Posted Image

Posted Image
"There is a well-orchestrated and well-funded effort going on in America... Its the wealthy elite trying to restratify the wealth of this nation.
- Winter
https://www.altoonam...enelec-workers/

#2 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

Is his full name DJ Jazzy Jeff?

Surprisingly my dog doesn't mind the roomba. He moves when it bumps into him but he never barks or runs from it.

I want to get another rescue but my girlfriend says no. 2 cats and a dog is enough she says, 4 will be too much. Well I say 4 animals isn't enough. More pups and kittens please. We both agreed we didnt want kids so these furry assholes will be our kids.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#3 User is offline   tobaccoroad 

• H@m@ph@be
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Jack Cust hails from my hometown!!

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:18 PM

View PostMa13tt0, on 24 February 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

Is his full name DJ Jazzy Jeff?

Surprisingly my dog doesn't mind the roomba. He moves when it bumps into him but he never barks or runs from it.

I want to get another rescue but my girlfriend says no. 2 cats and a dog is enough she says, 4 will be too much. Well I say 4 animals isn't enough. More pups and kittens please. We both agreed we didnt want kids so these furry assholes will be our kids.

We have three dogs and six cats. That is more than enough.

Shoes

#4 User is online   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:26 PM

View Posttobaccoroad, on 24 February 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

Shoes

Damn. I have my hands full with two dogs. I have contemplated a third but not until I get a new house and some more space
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#5 User is offline   NCBuccofan 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:33 PM

View Posttobaccoroad, on 24 February 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

Shoes

Toxoplasmosis!

#6 User is offline   tobaccoroad 

• H@m@ph@be
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

It's awesome having your house constantly smell like Elizabeth NJ during low tide.

Shoes

#7 User is offline   Sloshy 

• Steve Pearce

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

Okay, so it seems like there are some others on this board who have chosen not to have children.

I know U000 will be happy to know that I made the permanent decision that children are not in my future. I've never really had the pang to procreate, and given that my wife feels the same, we are quite contented not to have a brood.

The truth is, I basically loathe children. I can deal with the children of my friends (to an extent), but when I go out, I don't want them around. It's like nails on chalkboard.

By comparison, I fricken love dogs. I never had one as a child, but I've really grown in my admiration.

There has been a local debate raging online about whether children or pets belong in/outside local breweries. In Charlotte, breweries and bottleshops are akin to bars in other communities. It is where everyone goes. But when I'm drinking beer, I don't really want kids around. If they aren't allowed in bars, they shouldn't be allowed in breweries (I say).

On the other hand, I think dogs make every brewery fun, though some people don't like having them around.

What do you think?
"There is a well-orchestrated and well-funded effort going on in America... Its the wealthy elite trying to restratify the wealth of this nation.
- Winter

#8 User is online   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:43 PM

Almost every place here in Scottsdale is dog friendly. I took my dog on a walk and stopped in the grocery store with her(a 50 lb lab/cattle dog mix) and nobody said anything. She's not a service dog and wouldn't be mistaken for one either, because she's generally pulling and excited on a walk. Nobody said anything so maybe dogs are even allowed in grocery stores here? That's doubtful but found it interesting that nobody cared.

Most bars we go to will bring out a bowl of water with ice when we take the dog out to lunch or for some drinks. Not sure if they actually like the dogs there or like the tip it results in when you're nice to my dog. Either way, yeah kids suck is what I'm trying to say.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#9 User is offline   tobaccoroad 

• H@m@ph@be
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:53 PM

No no. No no. I have three kids too.

Shoes

#10 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:58 PM

Jazzy is a good looking bitch.

#11 User is offline   Bustanutting 

• JohnJLambo

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:18 AM

View PostSloshy, on 24 February 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

Okay, so it seems like there are some others on this board who have chosen not to have children.

I know U000 will be happy to know that I made the permanent decision that children are not in my future. I've never really had the pang to procreate, and given that my wife feels the same, we are quite contented not to have a brood.

The truth is, I basically loathe children. I can deal with the children of my friends (to an extent), but when I go out, I don't want them around. It's like nails on chalkboard.

By comparison, I fricken love dogs. I never had one as a child, but I've really grown in my admiration.

There has been a local debate raging online about whether children or pets belong in/outside local breweries. In Charlotte, breweries and bottleshops are akin to bars in other communities. It is where everyone goes. But when I'm drinking beer, I don't really want kids around. If they aren't allowed in bars, they shouldn't be allowed in breweries (I say).

On the other hand, I think dogs make every brewery fun, though some people don't like having them around.

What do you think?

It's funny you say that because I've grown to be the polar opposite. I've gone from dog neutral to really hating to see dogs in my neighborhood. It's not the dogs themselves, it's the owners. Dogs bark. Loud.

There's always some lazy assed dog owner who uses a dog run or a small fence in lieu of a $10 leash and walking him. There's always some asshole letting his yipping inside dog out to take a piss at 10pm for 15-20 minutes while it yips relentlessly to come back inside with its "parents". Or let's it out similarly at 5:30 am for the same piss taking, for the same amount of time yipping.

Kids make noise too, but don't hold a candle to barking dogs during their morning and nightly piss (kids aren't outside then). One bad dog owner fucks a whole neighborhood. So yeah, I'm anti-dog (owner) because in my experience there's always ignorant owners allowing their "babies" to disturb the peace at late and early hours

You know what you do if you're at a restaurant and nearby kids are bothering you? You can ask to be re-seated. Maybe your lunch is ruined. Sucks.

You know what you do when theres a barking dog in the neighborhood with an ignorant, lazy, asshole owner? You either start a war with them by calling police... or you lay there and fucking take it. You live on that dog and his owners schedule. Wake when they wake, go to bed when they go to bed.

When I bought my house years ago, before I contracted,I walked around the neighborhood looking for signs of dogs. Spoke to neighbors on each side and asked them about the neighborhood and dogs, specifically. Glad I didn't contract on the first house we liked. Neighbor had a big dog. I said to the agent, "not worth the risk".

Also kids are human beings, and dogs are animals. So there's that.

#12 User is online   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:37 AM

View PostBustanutting, on 25 February 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

Also kids are human beings, and dogs are animals. So there's that.

Huge point in favor of dogs, if you ask me.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#13 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:41 AM

View PostBustanutting, on 25 February 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

It's funny you say that because I've grown to be the polar opposite. I've gone from dog neutral to really hating to see dogs in my neighborhood. It's not the dogs themselves, it's the owners. Dogs bark. Loud.

+10

I have no problems with dogs. I have major problems with dog owners.

The biggest thing that gets me- beyond the safety issues you already pointed out- is when my friends with dogs thinks that everyone visiting their house LOVES dogs like them. So we'll be trying to visit, and I'm trying to keep overly-aggressive dogs from jumping all over my tiny kids and scaring the shit out of them. I'm trying to sit on their couch, and a dog has its face buried right. in. my. business., and won't go away, then I'm all covered in dog hair and smell like dog. Fun visit.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind petting dogs and roughing them up a bit, but my friends make zero effort to curb their dogs' behavior if their dogs are acting like assholes, and I hate that.

We have new neighbors across the street, who are a little sketch for our neighborhood. They not only have a Rottweiler (dangerous to kids), but don't keep track of it, so it's always getting loose and running through our yards. Our neighbors have called the cops on them twice, because there are little kids all through the neighborhood. Then these same owners have the balls to put "KEEP OFF THE GRASS" signs in their front yards, while they're busy running through our yards to get their damn dogs.

So for me, it's not the dogs themselves, but their owners' lack of awareness that turns me off.

#14 User is online   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:41 AM

Winter hates dogs.

It all makes sense now

#15 User is offline   Bustanutting 

• JohnJLambo

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:55 AM

View PostGideon Clarke, on 25 February 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

Huge point in favor of dogs, if you ask me.

Haha. I go back and forth on that one.

I make "support the troops, oppose the war" argument with dogs. I do like dogs. My parents have two dogs. They have no neighbors, live in BFE. The dogs are nice. They're fun. They play alot. They run around alot.

Would I want to build a house next door and live there? Absolutely, no way in hell.

#16 User is offline   Sloshy 

• Steve Pearce

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:37 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 25 February 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

+10

I have no problems with dogs. I have major problems with dog owners...

So for me, it's not the dogs themselves, but their owners' lack of awareness that turns me off.

See, I feel the same way about parents with their children. They have that zombie look on their faces and let their kids act out and run around, their admonishments going wholly unheeded.

I admit I don't like kids. They annoy me. But I understand not everyone loves dogs and we hold our dog back when visitors come by. But parents seem to think everyone should want to stare at their children as they run around. Not that thrilling. Giving birth is not a skill.
- Winter

#17 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:50 AM

We have:
4 cats
3 chickens
2 dogs
2 birds
1 child

I'm probably a subject matter on pets and kids. Well, I can tell you what not to do with kids anyway.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#18 User is offline   Winterset Resurrection 

• TEAM CAT
  • PipPip

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

View PostSloshy, on 26 February 2017 - 07:37 AM, said:

See, I feel the same way about parents with their children. They have that zombie look on their faces and let their kids act out and run around, their admonishments going wholly unheeded.

Oh yes. You are not incorrect there.

If a kid is flipping out, and a parent is at least attempting to calm them, then I have some understanding, as sometimes kids are just going to do their own thing regardless.

But when kids are acting completely out of control and parents are doing nothing to stop it, I couldn't agree more.

#19 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:51 AM

View PostWinterset Resurrection, on 26 February 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

Oh yes. You are not incorrect there.

If a kid is flipping out, and a parent is at least attempting to calm them, then I have some understanding, as sometimes kids are just going to do their own thing regardless.

But when kids are acting completely out of control and parents are doing nothing to stop it, I couldn't agree more.

In a public place, there is no room for kids acting out in any way. If they start, one of the parents should remove the kid(s) from the area ASAP. Bad behavior is the fault of the parents in nearly all cases. I can't count the number of times that I've seen kids running around in a restaurant. When I see it, I tell the manager to let him/her know that behavior isn't a part of our dining experience. If it doesn't stop quickly, I tell the manager that if the parents don't get their kids under control, we will leave without paying. Most of the time, parents get pissy and actually have their kids sit down or quiet down. Occasionally, the manager has asked the family to leave. I've never had to leave without paying.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#20 User is offline   coolpapacole 

• Utterly irrelevant
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

POPULAR

View PostGoBucs21, on 26 February 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

In a public place, there is no room for kids acting out in any way. If they start, one of the parents should remove the kid(s) from the area ASAP. Bad behavior is the fault of the parents in nearly all cases. I can't count the number of times that I've seen kids running around in a restaurant. When I see it, I tell the manager to let him/her know that behavior isn't a part of our dining experience. If it doesn't stop quickly, I tell the manager that if the parents don't get their kids under control, we will leave without paying. Most of the time, parents get pissy and actually have their kids sit down or quiet down. Occasionally, the manager has asked the family to leave. I've never had to leave without paying.

Bad dog behavior is also almost always the dog owner's fault.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic