• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Random Travel Thread Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_u0007890_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:20 AM

Seems like we should have one of these.

I was inspired by the guy sitting across from me at the gate here in Oakland that was loudly telling his wife that he just saw a travel bag in the gift shop that cost $27, but he got two of then yesterday from a street vendor in San Francisco for $40. His wife looks at him and says, "honey, that's really great. I'm proud of you" and pats him on the shoulder. She then looks at me and sees my poorly hidden smirk and proceeds to give me a death stare. She then taps her shopper husband on the shoulder and says "let's move, honey. I don't like these seats."

Winking friends and influencing people everywhere I go.

#2 User is online   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

I'm sick right now that all my friends are in Scottsdale for the Phoenix Open and Super Bowl weekend.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#3 Guest_u0007890_*

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 30 January 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

I'm sick right now that all my friends are in Scottsdale for the Phoenix Open and Super Bowl weekend.

I'm connecting there. I'll say hi for you.

#4 Guest_Nickflair04_*

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:08 AM

My wife and I are trying to plan four or five 3-day weekend trips this year rather than going on one long vacation. So far we are planning to go to D.C. for a weekend as she has never been there and I haven't been there since my Sixth Grade class trip. We are also flying to Atlanta for a long weekend to visit my grandmother in Athens and then head back to Atlanta and catch a Pirates/Braves game while we are down there.

Any other suggestions for possible trips? We prefer to drive, so within about 6 hours of Pittsburgh would be great.

#5 User is offline   bucsbriana 

• Bench Manager
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostNickflair04, on 30 January 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

My wife and I are trying to plan four or five 3-day weekend trips this year rather than going on one long vacation. So far we are planning to go to D.C. for a weekend as she has never been there and I haven't been there since my Sixth Grade class trip. We are also flying to Atlanta for a long weekend to visit my grandmother in Athens and then head back to Atlanta and catch a Pirates/Braves game while we are down there.

Any other suggestions for possible trips? We prefer to drive, so within about 6 hours of Pittsburgh would be great.

I highly recommend the Andy Warhol Museum.

#6 User is offline   Trey_Beamon 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:28 AM

Never been, but if I was you I'd drive a bit more and make one of the destinations Chicago.

#7 Guest_u0007890_*

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

Toronto is a very cool city....you can stop at Niagara Falls on the way if you're so inclined.

#8 User is offline   clemente_in_right 

• Silenced Pen
  • PipPip
  • Interests:selling paper

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

to visit my grandmother in Athens

Does your grandmother like open mic nights? If The Saget Convention is performing locally, its a must see.
In any human group, family, tribe, (or baseball team), there are norms - shared expectations of behavior. Any member who deviates from these norms calls into question the basic values of the group. And groups don't like to have their basic values questioned. It makes them nervous. - Jim Bouton in Ball Four Plus Ball Five

What about doctors who make house calls? Repairmen who know how to fix things? And ballplayers who hustle? And boxers who get carried out of the ring, instead of quitting because of stomach cramps? And what about the death penalty for scum who take a human life and snuff it out like it's so much garbage? I've seen the past, gentlemen, and it works. - William Shatner as T.J. Hooker in episode 1.1 'The Protectors'

It seems likely that removing the sense of closure from book writing will, in time, alter writer's attitudes toward their work. The pressure to achieve perfection will diminish, along with the artistic rigor that the pressure imposed. - Nicholas Carr from The Shallows

#9 User is offline   donwengert4life 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

Meadville is dope.

#10 User is online   hir51 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

On my recent travels up and down the Atlantic Coast, I was sitting in the only bar in Atlanta's Terminal C. Brews and Blues.

Anyway, one of the lovely ladies that was on the first leg of my flight appears around the corner dragging her two kids. Now, I have travelled with children multiple times and I know that it can be trying to difficult the vast majority of the time. But I believe in catering to my kids needs first so that they don't cause commotion and chaos which would affect other travelers. In this lovely lady's defense, her kids were extremely well behaved.

She bellies up to the bar and orders a shot of crown and a bud light. She proceeds to explain to me and the other male patron she has jammed herself between that she rarely, if ever, drinks. Her former live-in boyfriend owns a bar in Center Twp, PA and since she used to work as a bartender there, she didn't like to drink. But she had one on the plane (you see, her boyfriend/baby-daddy kicked her out and he owns everything and she and their kids, which are now her kids, have nowhere else to go and she is flying to Raliegh to start over and move in with her mom) and it relaxed her so she decided to have another on her 25 min layover.

The barkeep hands her her bill. A bud light and shot of crown in the Atlanta airport is going to cost you over $20. She has a $5 bill. That's it.

The other male patron and I decided to split her tab. She downed her shot and beer, thanked us profusely, and dragged her kids away.

20 minutes later, they were calling for her to board her plane over the announcements. Get here in 3 minutes or we're shutting the doors. I didn't see her again so I can only assume she got on board.

I feld real bad for the kids.

#11 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

I get tired of people asking me after my ex and I broke up who I'm going to Mexico with. I'm going by myself. I'm not going to pass on a free trip and a week off of work just because my girlfriend and I split.

I guess what I'm really asking is, there are hookers in Mexico right? Like lots of them?
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#12 User is offline   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostMa13tt0, on 30 January 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

I get tired of people asking me after my ex and I broke up who I'm going to Mexico with. I'm going by myself. I'm not going to pass on a free trip and a week off of work just because my girlfriend and I split.

I guess what I'm really asking is, there are hookers in Mexico right? Like lots of them?

is it a free trip for two? If so, get one of your dudes to go with you. Not in a ghey way (unless you want that) but having a wing man around always works. Hell you might even have the married guy friend that can get out for a weekend because you need a good friend. Find one with a bunch of money. He'll be happy for the free weekend and at no cost he might be willing to pay for the hookers.
You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#13 Guest_u0007890_*

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

POPULAR

View Postoblongatta, on 30 January 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

is it a free trip for two? If so, get one of your dudes to go with you. Not in a ghey way (unless you want that) but having a wing man around always works. Hell you might even have the married guy friend that can get out for a weekend because you need a good friend. Find one with a bunch of money. He'll be happy for the free weekend and at no cost he might be willing to pay for the hookers.

Oblong translator: I'm available and like hookers.

#14 User is online   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

View PostMa13tt0, on 30 January 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

Yeah I'm with oblong, just take one of your boys.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#15 User is offline   donwengert4life 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

I love airports. I am sort of a loner by nature but with a wife and two kids, that alone time is pretty much non-existent. So when I'm traveling I really cherish that time before a flight. Nothing to do but sit and watch people -- I find it very relaxing.

#16 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

View Postoblongatta, on 30 January 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

You have to pay for the plane ticket, not sure if food is included.

I've thought of asking a buddy. Although one I asked will be busy with work, the others are too afraid to travel (pussy) or he'd buy 80 lbs of cocaine and get beheaded by a drug cartel. And I've watched Locked Up Abroad, I wouldn't last in Mexican jail with my pretty little lips.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#17 Guest_u0007890_*

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

There are no two places on earth farther apart than B28 and A22 at PHX.

#18 User is offline   cogitobsw 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

Our return flight from Vegas left about 7:00 in the morning, so we were up before the ass=crack of dawn to check out and get to the airport on time. We decided that our entire group should meet in the lobby at 5:00 to checkout and catch a cab.

I was sharing a room with my brother. The alarm went off at 4:30. We both took showers (separately) and were dressed, packed and out of the room by 4:45, which might be some kind of record. Certainly not one that could ever be broken if a woman were involved.
"Mark it eight, Dude"

- Smokey

#19 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

View Postdonwengert4life, on 30 January 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

I love airports. I am sort of a loner by nature but with a wife and two kids, that alone time is pretty much non-existent. So when I'm traveling I really cherish that time before a flight. Nothing to do but sit and watch people -- I find it very relaxing.

Hate flying but love airports.
"It's probably true. Trump probably did it, because people in power tend to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and usually get away with it."
17 April 2017
Winter's response to my post that Trump may have raped a teenage girl.

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#20 Guest_defdog_*

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

or 100 feet. U012345678 always complains about walking doesnt he?*

* and that mother cant see this.

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic