Pittsburgh Pirates: List of "Stranded On A Desert Island"CDs - Pittsburgh Pirates

• 15 Pages +
  • « First

List of "Stranded On A Desert Island"CDs List your top 5 to 10 that you'd want to play over and over and ov

#261 User is offline   Pantsless Jose Lind 

• The Ugandan Giant
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I enjoy playing second base and cocaine.

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:38 AM

Nine Inch Nails is better than everything. The end.
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?" --sisyphus -UPPMD

#262 User is offline   Jeff King 

• Proficient At Judging Books By Their Covers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (PF82 @ Mar 2 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If by "lines" you mean the beer stains on my shirt, then yes.

And to derail this thread slightly, Ive been miserably disappointed with the new Sam Adams Imperial Series of beers so far. The Imperial White is utterly noxious, like they dumped too much Belgian Candi sugar and some coriander into kerosene. The Imperial Stout is slightly better, but thats not saying much. Overroasted, bitter, bleh.

Im afraid to try the new Double Bock. The original version was one of my forays into trying better beer, and I heard they reworked the recipe.

Sam Adams sucks.

Yeah, that's right Shoes, Sam Adams sucks.
Posted Image

To leave feedback or to reach me directly, please use this intercom.

#263 User is offline   Martini 

• I'd Raged Have Lomo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (Jeff King @ Mar 3 2009, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sam Adams sucks.

<hides>

Yeah, I'm a fag, Shoes.

Get it?

#264 User is offline   hir51 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (Penguin @ Mar 2 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But they don't suck, you just don't like them. Milli Vanilli sucked. Neal Schon, Joe Walsh, and Tommy Shaw don't suck. So that's the difference.

I hate country music. Listening to it literally makes me angry. Does that mean there isn't a single talented musician in the entire genre?

Milli Vanilli didn't suck!!!! They can't suck when they are not singing!!

#265 User is offline   hir51 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:06 AM

I really tried to read the whole thread, but got bored after page 8. Did I miss anything not debating whose musical tastes suck?

I will say this, I don't really care about music and much much less than most of you. If I like a song, I'll listen. Really don't know who sings it but who the fuck cares, I like the song.

Does one really need to make them self feel better by saying their taste in music is better than mine? Really?

Well, I think my taste in jelly is better than yours!!! There!!! And don't fuck with me and my taste of Peanut Butter. If you don't like Jiff, you better get the fuck off the board because your peanut butter sucks!!

And don't start with me on gay jokes!!!

#266 User is offline   Jeff King 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Men's Room Stall Doing Lines With Josh Hamilton And A Couple Of Broads

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (hir51 @ Mar 3 2009, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And don't start with me on gay jokes!!!

Did you hear the one where two fags are fucking a dead alligator on a bus?
Posted Image

#267 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:13 AM

At least the part about the books that ruined the thread changed back to music, making this thread good again.
5 GP

10-16, 4-2B, 2-3B, 9 RBI, 6 R

#268 User is offline   Uber Bier Mensch 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (PF82 @ Mar 2 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If by "lines" you mean the beer stains on my shirt, then yes.

And to derail this thread slightly, Ive been miserably disappointed with the new Sam Adams Imperial Series of beers so far. The Imperial White is utterly noxious, like they dumped too much Belgian Candi sugar and some coriander into kerosene. The Imperial Stout is slightly better, but thats not saying much. Overroasted, bitter, bleh.

Im afraid to try the new Double Bock. The original version was one of my forays into trying better beer, and I heard they reworked the recipe.

Haven't tried any of them, but I have no money in my rather tight budget for buying commercial beers. But I was never overly impressed with Sam Adams, maybe if I got the beers fresher I'd think otherwise. Although their schwarzbier was good.

MY commercial beer is now on sale though. I can't say it turned out as good as my home brewed Belgian IPA but it's not bad. I think it dried out too much and the bitterness is not as assertive. Also he only had 1/2 the amount of Summit for dry hopping, so it more muddles the flavor/aroma than anything.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln

#269 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:42 AM

Who would you rather fuck?

Rosie O'Donnell

or

Halle Berry. But she's been dead for three hours.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#270 User is offline   mzimmerman81 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:44 AM

Halle Berry
5 GP

10-16, 4-2B, 2-3B, 9 RBI, 6 R

#271 User is offline   oblongatta 

• Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

is three hours considered a long time to be dead?

has the length and diversity of this thread made it epic? For some reason I think it's falling just short of epic. Kinda like the Orlando Palmero of threads. There for awhile but never the best.

You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.

#272 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (oblongatta @ Mar 3 2009, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you read between the lines, Oblong is saying he doesn't mind fucking dead people depending on how long they've been dead.
"The business of baseball is to make money, not break even. I don't understand why you think the Pirates should run their team like a charity." - Willlton 6/18/2009

"The Bay trade doesn't look like it (a slam dunk winner), but if you take into account the fact that all they lost was eight months of Jason Bay's services, as well as the fact that even the Red Sox look like they won't be able to re-sign him, it's not nearly the loser many people seem to think." - tWTM 11/26/2009

"Morton is finding himself, now while this may sound weird and out there, but the fact he put on a solo concert at Piratefest shows he finally has the confidence that he lacked within himself that he didn't have in the lower minors." - aso513 2/8/2010

"Dave Littlefield vindicated." - Xiga 4/30/2011 after one scoreless inning of relief by Daniel Moskos.

"Hanrahan and Cedeno would be a gross overpayment for Belt. Sorry, but I'll stick with my realistic analysis of the market and the teams involved." - Steve Zielinski 5/25/2011

"He (Barmes) could have a .000 Batting Average and still be an asset." - bradlej31 5/28/2012

"The last time the Pirates won an extra-inning game in St. Louis that lasted at least 16 frames was April 20, 1986 at Chicago." - Kristy Robinson 8/19/2012

"I want to tweet something clever and interesting to you that will earn your respect and make you smile, since you do that to me all the time." - jpbucco to Colin Dunlap 4/12/2016

"If the Pirates had acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins, Im not sure they would have won the Benedict trade." - David Todd 11/11/2015

#273 User is offline   oblongatta 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (Penguin @ Mar 3 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you read between the lines, Oblong is saying he doesn't mind fucking dead people depending on how long they've been dead.

One of the women I work with has been using some kind of perfumed hand cream for like the past week or so and it stinks. It really fuckin' stinks. I would rather there be a three hour old dead person in the room with me.

#274 User is offline   Jeff King 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (oblongatta @ Mar 3 2009, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

has the length and diversity of this thread made it epic? For some reason I think it's falling just short of epic. Kinda like the Orlando Palmero of threads. There for awhile but never the best.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that mistaking "Orlando" Palmeiro for "Rafael" Palmeiro has just made this thread epic.
Posted Image

#275 User is offline   oblongatta 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (Jeff King @ Mar 3 2009, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that mistaking "Orlando" Palmeiro for "Rafael" Palmeiro has just made this thread epic.

nice.

but how do you know it was a mistake?

#276 User is offline   Jeff King 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (oblongatta @ Mar 3 2009, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice.

but how do you know it was a mistake?

I thought about that for a minute, but then I realized that I'm always right...about everything.
Posted Image

#277 User is offline   oblongatta 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Jeff King @ Mar 3 2009, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought about that for a minute, but then I realized that I'm always right...about everything.

The funny part is I googled Hall of Fame and Palmero to make sure I speeled his last name right. Never checked the spelling on the first name.

#278 User is offline   Penguin 

• Collective Wisdom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (oblongatta @ Mar 3 2009, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The funny part is I googled Hall of Fame and Palmero to make sure I speeled his last name right. Never checked the spelling on the first name.

This is just too easy.........

#279 User is online   Ma13tt0 

• Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (oblongatta @ Mar 3 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of the women I work with has been using some kind of perfumed hand cream for like the past week or so and it stinks. It really fuckin' stinks. I would rather there be a three hour old dead person in the room with me.

So what youre telling me is you get handjobs at work and it makes your penis smell? Do you have an internship available?
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM

#280 User is offline   ecbenito 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:50 AM

you guys playin cards?

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First

Fast Reply