Hillary Clinton for President Rate Topic: -----

#12701 User is offline   Grey 

• All Star
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Buccos, Steelers, Pens, PSU, University of Arizona

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:41 PM

View PostDale Berra, on 17 May 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

Ha! I caught you! You edited your post! Why can't you admit you're a liar!!!

😂

I had the wrong thread, lmao.
Insult a Joebot, today. It's for the good of society.

#12702 User is offline   Grey 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:43 PM

View PostGoBucs21, on 17 May 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

First step. This could be the beginning of the end.

Jesus Christ I hope so.

#12703 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

View Postjcharding, on 17 May 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

I see some articles are attributing this to Dem pressure, which is nuts. They could have stonewalled the Dems forever. This is happening because enough Republicans wanted it. Chaffetz comes to mind.

The Republicans are getting the DTs. The pressure is coming from one of their own, at the top. Trump is what he longs to be, the irresistible force.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#12704 User is offline   Thunder 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:00 AM

View PostGoBucs21, on 17 May 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

Comey wants a public hearing. He wants it to go out live, not filtered through congressional staffers.

Comey's testimony could well call Trump's bluff. If Comey crushes him, Trump has to deny. If he denies, people will want the tapes. If he produces no tapes or has none, then he's a liar (which we knew) and Comey is believed.

A still worse outcome is that Comey crushes Trump. Trump produces tapes and they proved what Comey said. Now they can begin multiple hearing on multiple impeachable actions and Trump and the Republicans get nothing done. Best of all Trump is humiliated, ousted, and his fortune is gone.

Of course, Trump could have tapes and prove Comey wrong but that is the worst outcome for the nation because Trump is not lying and he goes on to 2020.

Tapes with another 18 minute gap in them?

#12705 User is offline   Grey 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:09 AM

View PostThunder, on 18 May 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

Tapes with another 18 minute gap in them?

Gaps of 18 seem fitting for this president. It took 18 days from when they knew Flynn had conspired with russia, until they actually fired him.

#12706 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:54 PM

A lot of words, but well worth a read. Not particularly related to this thread other than the immigration aspect.

https://www.theatlan...s-story/524490/
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#12707 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:36 PM

This Roger Stone documentary on Netflix is incredible. It's as much a documentary on Stone as it is a history of the modern Repiblican Party.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#12708 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

Not 10 minutes ago I thought to myself, you know the past 24 hours have actually been pretty quiet. Then I went to the Washington Post and the following headline: Russia probe reaches current White House official, people familiar with the case say

Not just any official, but a "senior White House adviser" who "is someone close to the president".

Of course the Russians have been infiltrating CIA and such for decades, so that they managed to do so to the Trump administration is totally unsurprising. But stories like this will, for better or worse, depending on whose side you are on (Hi Winter), continue to ensure anarchy continues to reign.
I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many posting errors.

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

#12709 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

Betsy DeVos is only just beginning her assault on public education. Step by step.

https://www.theguard...ebt-forgiveness

Even if they just ended the program for new applicants, it would be a major blow to sectors such as – what do you know? – education, which is already struggling to attract and keep quality talent. Which, come to think of it, might be exactly what DeVos wants. 

Why bother to keep public schools open if they’re struggling to recruit teachers? Why bother improving said schools if they’re about to be privatized, anyway? And why hire someone with a master’s degree to teach our children when a private contractor could get a poorly trained lush for half the price? It’s only the future of America we’re talking about.

But hey if your god damn health isn't a right why the hell should education be? Privatize that shit too. Only the wealthy get an education.
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.

#12710 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

Guys this is fine. He's sane, and there's Nothing to see here. Nothing at all. From the NYT

WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

The conversation, during a May 10 meeting — the day after he fired Mr. Comey — reinforces the notion that Mr. Trump dismissed him primarily because of the bureau’s investigation into possible collusion between his campaign and Russian operatives. Mr. Trump said as much in one televised interview, but the White House has offered changing justifications for the firing.

“By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia’s actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage and negotiate with Russia,” Mr. Spicer said. “The investigation would have always continued, and obviously, the termination of Comey would not have ended it. Once again, the real story is that our national security has been undermined by the leaking of private and highly classified conversations.”

The smoke detector is the problem.

#12711 User is offline   Grey 

• All Star
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

they will all fall in line in 2 years at impeachment proceedings and put their party over their country. Count on it.

#12712 User is offline   tobaccoroad 

• H@m@ph@be
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Jack Cust hails from my hometown!!

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:05 PM

Somebody needs to nail gun his mouth shut. What a douche.

Shoes

#12713 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:09 PM

PSU4Lyfe, on 19 May 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

This Roger Stone documentary on Netflix is incredible. It's as much a documentary on Stone as it is a history of the modern Repiblican Party.

I cannot reiterate how incredible this documentary is. Everything just makes so much sense when you see his whole story(maybe you know it) and how he and Trump are just made for one another.

#12714 User is offline   GoBucs21 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:47 PM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 19 May 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

Betsy DeVos is only just beginning her assault on public education. Step by step.

https://www.theguard...ebt-forgiveness

But hey if your god damn health isn't a right why the hell should education be? Privatize that shit too. Only the wealthy get an education.

But unfettered access to any and all arms is a right. You have a right to shoot someone with a gun but the victim doesn't have a right to health care for the gun shot wound.
People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
Robert F. Kennedy

Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.
Robert F. Kennedy

Day of commemoration to honor the Victims of Bowling Green, April 1, 2017.

#12715 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:09 AM

I know the hypocrisy is endless at this point but Trump is in Saudi Arabia celebrating the largest arms deal in US/Saudi history. Just worth noting because he spent years crying about it on Twitter.

He got an arms deal done before a tax plan.

#12716 User is offline   Gideon Clarke 

• GAY 4 CUTCH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bisexual for Kate Upton

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:21 AM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 21 May 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

Getting Americans to sell guns to people is way easier than getting them to pay their taxes.
"You know, I wish I could go back in time and kick the shit out of the idiot who decided to make kickers part of football."

-Coach Marty Daniels

#12717 User is offline   jcharding 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:47 AM

I know the hypocrisy is endless at this point but Trump is in Saudi Arabia celebrating the largest arms deal in US/Saudi history. Just worth noting because he spent years crying about it on Twitter.

Or a health plan. Or an immigration plan. Or a wall. Or...

#12718 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

• Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:48 AM

jcharding, on 21 May 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

Or a health plan. Or an immigration plan. Or a wall. Or...

You would almost think.....no couldn't be a case where Saudi money flowed in to his campaign. No way right? He surrounded himself with people like Manafort who would never do something like that.

#12719 User is offline   Sloshy 

• Altoona Curve

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:16 AM

PSU4Lyfe, on 21 May 2017 - 08:48 AM, said:

You would almost think.....no couldn't be a case where Saudi money flowed in to his campaign. No way right? He surrounded himself with people like Manafort who would never do something like that.

Historians will destroy Trump. He will be known as the most despicable, most corrupt President ever... the way Benedict Arnold has come to stand for treachery, Donald Trump will come to stand for being corrupt to one's core. His legacy for centuries is being written as we sit here. It's crazy to observe such history unfold.

#12720 User is offline   ECBucs 

• Bulldog Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:13 AM

Trump
now knows that arms deals benefit American arms manufacturers and keep jobs in US. Most (if not close to all) money we spend on foreign aid deals (military and humanitarian) gets paid to American businesses.

Share this topic:

• 643 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic