Pittsburgh Pirates: 2016 Movie Thread - Pittsburgh Pirates

Jump to content

  • 15 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2016 Movie Thread The one for 2016. And movies in it. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   silverspring 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11,974
  • Joined: 10-June 09
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:03 PM

So.




Movies. I like movies. You guys?



You guys like movies?
0

#2 Guest_defdog_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:22 PM

Wait, is SilverSpring qualified to create this thread?

I didn't create a single game thread last season.
-1

#3 User is offline   ArkansasPirate 

  • Pittsburgh Pirate
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 609
  • Joined: 31-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texarkana, Arkansas
  • Interests:Sports, hunting, reading.....Pirates, Steelers , and the Arkansas Razorbacks

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:53 PM

*
POPULAR

View Postdefdog, on 18 January 2016 - 09:22 PM, said:

Wait, is SilverSpring qualified to create this thread?

I didn't create a single game thread last season.

Well you didn't make a damn sensible statement in the game threads either but that didn't stop you
6

#4 User is offline   silverspring 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11,974
  • Joined: 10-June 09
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:49 AM

I have more faith that Captain America: Civil War will actually be good, but I am looking forward more to Dawn of Justice. Weird considering I believe Winter soldier is the best superhero movie of the recent bunch. I think it was underrated, they handled a lot of complex ideas in a pretty simple manner and did so from multiple perspectives and I think the same team is behind Civil War. Not to mention the dawn of justice trailers did not inspire any confidence whatsoever. I think I'm just a DC fan boy at heart, though I am fond of marvel.

The first ninja Turtles movie wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, meaning it was better than transformers, though it was still pretty crappy. I have some hope that the second one will be better. I still can't get over the terrible character design, but Bebop and Rocksteady look good. It will all come down to the story, and I hope that childhood killer Michael Bay has less input the second time around.

Deadpool looks terrific all the way around. Maybe the best of the bunch. Still, I am most likely to skip that one and wait for the DVD just because I don't care as much about Deadpool. Didn't grow up with his comics. If I saw more than two or three movies in the theater per year, I would definitely see it. But it's hard to take a night away from my little guy when I already feel like I don't see him enough. I think Star Wars was the only movie I saw in the theater since he was born. There might of been another, but I don't remember it.

Actually, considering we saw Star Wars in a semi private screening, I guess you could say technically I didn't see any movies in the theater last year. Even before he was born, we only did about six.
0

#5 Guest_defdog_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:59 AM

Lol. Like anyone has to be qualified to open a thread. Just teasing.

I did 60 last year. 2016 I'm at 2. But there's a Lady Snowblood double header Saturday night.

Another awesome trailer besides Cloverfield, check out the Witch!
-3

#6 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

  • Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 41,813
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:27 AM

View Postsilverspring, on 19 January 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

I have more faith that Captain America: Civil War will actually be good, but I am looking forward more to Dawn of Justice. Weird considering I believe Winter soldier is the best superhero movie of the recent bunch. I think it was underrated, they handled a lot of complex ideas in a pretty simple manner and did so from multiple perspectives and I think the same team is behind Civil War. Not to mention the dawn of justice trailers did not inspire any confidence whatsoever. I think I'm just a DC fan boy at heart, though I am fond of marvel.

The first ninja Turtles movie wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, meaning it was better than transformers, though it was still pretty crappy. I have some hope that the second one will be better. I still can't get over the terrible character design, but Bebop and Rocksteady look good. It will all come down to the story, and I hope that childhood killer Michael Bay has less input the second time around.

Deadpool looks terrific all the way around. Maybe the best of the bunch. Still, I am most likely to skip that one and wait for the DVD just because I don't care as much about Deadpool. Didn't grow up with his comics. If I saw more than two or three movies in the theater per year, I would definitely see it. But it's hard to take a night away from my little guy when I already feel like I don't see him enough. I think Star Wars was the only movie I saw in the theater since he was born. There might of been another, but I don't remember it.

Actually, considering we saw Star Wars in a semi private screening, I guess you could say technically I didn't see any movies in the theater last year. Even before he was born, we only did about six.


Suicide Squad is the movie im most excited for right now. Hopefully it isn't just good trailers
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.
0

#7 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 14,318
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:54 AM

I saw that Ex-Machina was on Amazon Prime last night so I watched it because a couple of you guys highly recommended it. I really liked it. I also thought it was interesting in that I really didn't side with any one character. I found certain characters more interesting than others but I was never rooting for any of the 3.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM
0

#8 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 14,318
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:56 AM

View Postdefdog, on 19 January 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

Another awesome trailer besides Cloverfield, check out the Witch!



You mean The VVitch? Yeah that movie looks good. Like all kinds of fucked up psychological horror.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM
1

#9 User is offline   silverspring 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11,974
  • Joined: 10-June 09
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:00 AM

View PostPSU4Lyfe, on 19 January 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

Suicide Squad is the movie im most excited for right now. Hopefully it isn't just good trailers

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that one. The trailers do look pretty good. Although I'm a little tired of the whole "innocent song made creepy" thing that every trailer does nowadays. Harley Quinn? Sign me up. Looking forward to Leto's take on the Joker. I can get past the look if the performance is there. Plus it seems like the look matches the vibe of the movie.
0

#10 User is offline   oblongatta 

  • Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15,381
  • Joined: 17-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a bar
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:31 PM

View PostMa13tt0, on 19 January 2016 - 10:54 AM, said:

I saw that Ex-Machina was on Amazon Prime last night so I watched it because a couple of you guys highly recommended it. I really liked it. I also thought it was interesting in that I really didn't side with any one character. I found certain characters more interesting than others but I was never rooting for any of the 3.


I have a huge interest in AI so I'm a bit biased. Wait, maybe I'm not biased, I'm probably overly critical. Anyway, I thought it was unbelievably well done. Yeah, I'm not sure you are meant to be rooting for anyone. I think I wrote much more about it somewhere. Don't remember. Plus it was amazing how they made Alicia Vikander look both artificial and sexy/seductive at the same time. She did a hell of a lot of acting and much of it with facial expressions.
You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.
0

#11 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 14,318
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:38 PM

View Postoblongatta, on 19 January 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

I have a huge interest in AI so I'm a bit biased. Wait, maybe I'm not biased, I'm probably overly critical. Anyway, I thought it was unbelievably well done. Yeah, I'm not sure you are meant to be rooting for anyone. I think I wrote much more about it somewhere. Don't remember. Plus it was amazing how they made Alicia Vikander look both artificial and sexy/seductive at the same time. She did a hell of a lot of acting and much of it with facial expressions.


She did a good job of coming off as human yet still robotic in her speech. I didn't dig the short hair though, at the end I did.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM
1

#12 User is offline   PSU4Lyfe 

  • Veteran Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 41,813
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:02 AM

Speaking of Sucide Squad that new trailer is better than the last
Disclaimer: This post in no way supports nor defends the signing of Rod Barajas.
0

#13 Guest_defdog_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:49 AM

How about Guardians of the Galaxy 2?

It's a sequel so it's already nicked...

but I'm going to say it's going to be better than deadpool and suicide squad.

deadpool looks like another ghost rider / daredevil to me.
-1

#14 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 14,318
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:33 AM

Finally watched Interstellar, yeah it was a good one. Christopher Nolan is probably my favorite director for dramas/thrillers whatever you want to call them. I'm not sure I've watched a movie of his that I hated.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM
0

#15 User is offline   buckeyebucco 

  • Pitching Coach
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,900
  • Joined: 28-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:everywhere

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:27 PM

View PostMa13tt0, on 20 January 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

Finally watched Interstellar, yeah it was a good one. Christopher Nolan is probably my favorite director for dramas/thrillers whatever you want to call them. I'm not sure I've watched a movie of his that I hated.

Did you see The Prestige?
0

#16 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 14,318
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:30 AM

View Postbuckeyebucco, on 20 January 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

Did you see The Prestige?


Yep, that ones probably my favorite of his.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM
0

#17 User is offline   oblongatta 

  • Supreme Overlord of the Universe
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15,381
  • Joined: 17-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a bar
  • Interests:Whisper Fighting

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:07 PM

Memento is probably my favorite.
You're pretty on the inside,
That's better than not pretty at all,
You're pretty on the inside,
Too bad I'm an outside kinda pretty guy.
2

#18 Guest_defdog_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:35 PM

the fresh maker!
-1

#19 User is offline   Ma13tt0 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 14,318
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:53 AM

I watched Spectre. I thought it kinda sucked. Wasn't all that interesting for some reason. I don't know what it is they I didn't like about it, but I just didn't find it to be a good movie.
"Penguin and ma13tt0 vindicated" - PF82 12/12/12 8:35 PM
0

#20 User is offline   silverspring 

  • Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11,974
  • Joined: 10-June 09
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:32 AM

Love Zoolander, fed my need for absurdity. But the trailer for Zoolander 2 is uninspiring.
0

Share this topic:


  • 15 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic